View Poll Results: Switch if Sprint not have new WebOS device?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I need me some C40!

1 6.25%
  • Yes, but only if it's not on it for 'X' number of months...

1 6.25%
  • No, Sprint is too good of a deal

11 68.75%
  • Other

3 18.75%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    No I was once a Verizon about 10 years ago and it sucked. I will be a Sprint Customer for the rest of my life just don't let Sprint know that.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    Man i just went to verizon and compared....they charge 29.99 PER PHONE for data??? jeez how do you afford that? With data alone my family's bill would be out the roof....around $414.86!!!!!
    I noticed this too! I did a spec out of my Sprint plan equivalent on Verizons website and it was insanely expensive! There is absolutely no upside to Verizon except for their superior coverage in my area.
    Can't beat the price on Sprint and I have generally good service in NYC in the 7+ years I've been with them. Though admittedly, I never talk on the phone and mostly just text and use data services.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Price and 1 year upgrades cant really be beat by any other carriers. I'll be staying with sprint as long as they keep hookin up the top level phones. Although I would like to come back to webOS after havin this EVO, i miss the ease of multitasking.
    Sprint got to be the launch home of the Palm Pre, and they got to be the exclusive provider of the Pre for maybe 6 months? BUT, then Verizon got the Pre PLUS an the Pixi PLUS! Then AT&T got the Pre and Pixi Plus.

What will happen when and if the Pre 2 comes out? We have heard the rumors of Verizon carrying it. But, what about Sprint? Will they carry it? Considering the success of the EVO and the EPIC, do they even care?

And, if they DON'T carry it, or it gets delayed coming to Sprint by another 6 months to a year, what will ye of the Sprint following do?

Me personally? I will try to keep my Pre going until it finally arrives, and even more likely until Walmart gets it for $79-$99 new customer pricing (that's how we bought my wife's Hero). But, if it takes too long, or never comes to Sprint, I will eventually jump ship to Android. For me, it will never be worth leaving a long term relationship with a service provider in order to get a cooler phone.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    As I previously stated before... I'm not in any hurry to change my little phone. I'll wait until I see exactly what HP/Palm giving us first. Maybe then I'll make a decision.
    All anyone can do at this point is speculate....
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Would Palm/HP really go with Verizon after what they did with the Pre/Pixi?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Dunno... it's kind of like politics. No one is happy with the current administration, so they vote in a new one to not be happy with.

Sprint had an exclusive, but people didn't like what they, or Palm, didn't do to promote the Pre. Everyone thought Verizon would and they didn't either. So, who knows.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    no. sprint is much cheaper than a similar plan on verizon.
    I'm simply try to not say that I' staying with Palm till the end. I can't conceive of leaving WeboS unless it was taken out of Sprint.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I will stay with Sprint. I have very rarely had issues with Sprint in my 10 years of service with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Only if they want to sell more phones than they did with last year's 'big launch' at Sprint.
    more info from jackson over at webosworld. He states his sources over at sprint state they have not lit up major citys yet, and hinted they will upon the new 4G webos device mid Q4:

http://www.webosworld.com/2010/09/02...ind-the-speed/
    Of course not. You need to give us more information like: If the new Pre isn't released on Sprint and Sprint or HP state that the new Pre won't be available on Sprint until . . .6/2011 or some date that's more than six months after release on VZW. Two three months won't do it. It has to be more to be willing to jump to those higher costs and limited data and no free navigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Of course not. You need to give us more information like: If the new Pre isn't released on Sprint and Sprint or HP state that the new Pre won't be available on Sprint until . . .6/2011 or some date that's more than six months after release on VZW. Two three months won't do it. It has to be more to be willing to jump to those higher costs and limited data and no free navigation.
    correct thats why I think this is a bad thread, because all sources say sprint getting the phone Q4 this year, and more rumors are for sprint talks and caliboration so im confused with this thread.
    No, if it's not on Sprint I'm going to Android (unhappily). Verizon gives you less for more money.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    more info from jackson over at webosworld. He states his sources over at sprint state they have not lit up major citys yet, and hinted they will upon the new 4G webos device mid Q4:

4th Generation Networks – Is there more to them behind the speed?
    um...no. They have lit up major cities, just not all of them. And they NEVER hinted that a 4G webos device was coming.

Dan, our source, has filled us in that these three cities should be completed sometime during early-mid Q4 meaning that we can expect a new 4G device during that same time frame. The only 4G device we know is out in the wild to date is the Palm c40 aka Roadrunner HD which will launch in Q4 of 2010.
    The C40 *might* be 4G, but that's not 100% confirmed by anyone. This is all conjecture and even with that, Sprint in the above quote, never even hints at that. The ONLY thing they said was that 4G was coming to those cities in Q4. The second part of that sentence, "...meaning that we..." is the author conjecturing.
    It's so much easier to see people's views with a poll.
    <<Threads Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast