View Poll Results: Switch if Sprint not have new WebOS device?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I need me some C40!

1 6.25%
  • Yes, but only if it's not on it for 'X' number of months...

1 6.25%
  • No, Sprint is too good of a deal

11 68.75%
  • Other

3 18.75%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    Verizon is getting LTE phones in novemeber so the speculation is Verizons verison will be 4G. Yes you are correct though sprint and Verizons version will be released very close to each other, so threat not about thinking of switching carriers if your on either network.
    Are you sure? From what I heard the phones was coming in Jan but the service and the WiFi devices (like the mifi for sprint) will launch this November? Maybe I skipped over a news sent to my email every day (I google alert palm pre/sprint 4g/verizon lte) hehe I am a huge geek, i admit
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I'm "stuck" on Sprint. Between offering awesome pricing on service and having awesome coverage everywhere I go (OK, AZ, S. IL) there's little reason for me to cut the strings.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    Are you sure? From what I heard the phones was coming in Jan but the service and the WiFi devices (like the mifi for sprint) will launch this November? Maybe I skipped over a news sent to my email every day (I google alert palm pre/sprint 4g/verizon lte) hehe I am a huge geek, i admit
    and for everyone here in this thread, not just from this forums from jackson(supersonical) but also my insiders that sprint and Verizon and pitted to get the next webos smartphone between oct-dec this year, and AT&T Q1 2011.

Multiple webOS Devices Coming Soon
    Aug 29th
    Posted by W in Rumors
    32 comments
    I hope everyone had a nice weekend; I sure did! Iíll keep this short and sweet. Here is some info about upcoming Palm webOS devices.

There will be multiple devices with multiple carrier launches before the end of the calendar year (2010).
    A device will likely be available with Verizon first, followed by Sprint. AT&T is likely to receive new devices at the beginning of 2011.
    An announcement will be made as early as the end of September or early October, and a launch planned for either the end of October or early November. (This matches up with the EOL for the Verizon Wireless Palm Pre+.)
    It is likely that multiple carriers will be getting the webOS tablet in 2011, however 1 carrier has already been confirmed.
    Hardware field tests have been completed on some models of the testing devices.

via webosworld.com
    some more info from supersonical

#7 written by supersonical
    about 2 days ago
    Reply Quote Don’t worry Sprint’s release should be relatively around the same time as Verizon’s. It’ll be worth the wait!

Rate Comment: 0 0

#18 written by admin
    about 2 days ago
    Reply Quote @olorin: I’m not 100% on the order of launch, but time will tell.

#32 written by admin
    about 1 day ago
    Reply Quote Sorry, nothing on Tmobile yet, however, talks with Sprint have been heating up. Roadblocks appear to be between CDMA/GSM and having Clearwire being able to support LTE. That’s all I really know, Jackson could fill you in better. I think he may post an article later this week about the next gen communication technologies, so keep an eye out for that – he will cover it in much more detail.

all from webosworld .com

as stated HPalm are in talks with sprint (of course most of us know that, even the position hired by palm for a sprint rep) As well as the issue now is 4G device for Verizon since their launching their LTE devices in NOV, which makes us believe that Sprint may still be out the gate first with a device, since they were intially testing it back in june (the original C40)
    Sprint for life. Palm wouldn't do that to us loyal customers anyway and if they do we'll just spam their maillbox
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I like Sprint, but they don't have the customer base to push a platform to the top.

I'm not saying a device shouldn't come to Sprint, I'm saying Verizon or AT&T should get the launch.
    choose your carrier first. then pick a phone. always.

I didn't switch to Sprint to get a Pre, I waited for it to come to Verizon. I can't imagine someone would dump Sprint to get a phone a few months earlier.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I will stay with sprint, and go to another phone I guess if that happens. I think this time around, they ought to release on all networks at the same time. Besides no one beats out sprint on price. I have been with them since 2000, have not had any problems. If I have they always have fixed time for me. I will be highly disappointed if they do not release with sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    some more info from supersonical

#7 written by supersonical
    about 2 days ago
    Reply Quote Donít worry Sprintís release should be relatively around the same time as Verizonís. Itíll be worth the wait!

#18 written by admin
    about 2 days ago
    Reply Quote @olorin: Iím not 100% on the order of launch, but time will tell.

#32 written by admin
    about 1 day ago
    Reply Quote Sorry, nothing on Tmobile yet, however, talks with Sprint have been heating up. Roadblocks appear to be between CDMA/GSM and having Clearwire being able to support LTE. Thatís all I really know, Jackson could fill you in better. I think he may post an article later this week about the next gen communication technologies, so keep an eye out for that Ė he will cover it in much more detail.

all from webosworld .com

as stated HPalm are in talks with sprint (of course most of us know that, even the position hired by palm for a sprint rep) As well as the issue now is 4G device for Verizon since their launching their LTE devices in NOV, which makes us believe that Sprint may still be out the gate first with a device, since they were intially testing it back in june (the original C40)
    Thank you for this info.
    I have been with verizon for over a year (got switched from alltel with the buyout) and although its not perfect, I cannot complain about anything. Region has an affect on it, but I pay one set amount per month, virtually everyone I talk to on a regular basis has verizon and is free, so I never use my minutes or texts, and I have Unlimited data. The only reason I have a pre in all honesty is because of the buy one get one free, plus I had a credit, so me and my wife both got our pre plus' free, and we get free 5G each of mobile hotspot. I just got my third pre since May today, and every time I have had an issue, Verizon has replaced the device on the spot, and been very accomodating. As far as marketing the pre and product support, it is non existent at most verizon stores, but I personally like that everyone has a droid and nobody knows what the hell a pre is, yet I know my phone is far superior to the rest. Each time I go in the associates all but scoff at my love for the pre, and they are very offended that Palm went with Sprint first.

All in all, if it weren't for Verizon I would've never been turned on the webOS, which I am now dedicated to.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I have been a Sprint user for 14 months now, I have no complaints. 4 years ago, I ditched Sprint for Tmobile because of Sprint's horrible customer service and billing methods. However, the past 14 months have been great, no complaints from me. I used Verizon crackberries at work sometimes, and their connections are always consistent.

Now, how can anyone afford Verizon's service fees? I do agree that their coverage is beyond ridiculous, that said, you do get what you pay for. After employee discounts, Verizon was asking 160 dollars for two smartphone plans. I am currently paying 97 dollars on Sprint.

Seriously, in this economy, every dollar saved goes a long away.
    Verizon is easy to afford. I just put it on my monthly expense report. Doh!

If I was paying for it... I'd probably have boost or cricket, or a prepaid tracphone
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    In this case, cost has little to do with value. As a user of phones (daily) from all four major providers as a part of my job, I can confidently tell you Verizon provides the best value for business purposes. All it takes is the loss of signal or dropped call at the wrong moment (with the wrong customer) and all those pennies saved with Sprint slide right down the drain. I have customers that say things to me like, "Are you on your Verizon phone right now? This is really important."
    This is true for YOU. In YOUR area. This is not true for everyone. It's all about where you are located.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    My Pre running UberKernel is so fast that I now figure I'll wait until a new Palm device hits Sprint. Sprint signal is great in my area, and Verizon is just too much $$$.
    never
    ĦṔ-ḶÝōṫ-Ŧḯōη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    No I won't switch carriers sprint works great at my house and I'm in a 4g town plus the cost would be way to high (with cancellation fees two lines) Id probably get an evo or some new android device.
    I would say if Sprint didn't have the new WebOS phone within 4-6 months, I'd be looking close at changing carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I would say if Sprint didn't have the new WebOS phone within 4-6 months, I'd be looking close at changing carriers.
    +1
    Man i just went to verizon and compared....they charge 29.99 PER PHONE for data??? jeez how do you afford that? With data alone my family's bill would be out the roof....around $414.86!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    Man i just went to verizon and compared....they charge 29.99 PER PHONE for data??? jeez how do you afford that? With data alone my family's bill would be out the roof....around $414.86!!!!!
    Are you sure? When I left VZW I had data on all four phones and I wasn't paying that much? Perhaps it's the rate that everyone has to pay now. VZW did warn me that I had a package I would be able to get again if I came back.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast