View Poll Results: Switch if Sprint not have new WebOS device?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I need me some C40!

1 6.25%
  • Yes, but only if it's not on it for 'X' number of months...

1 6.25%
  • No, Sprint is too good of a deal

11 68.75%
  • Other

3 18.75%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    No phone is worth switching to Verizon for.
    Not that my vote matters to the powers that be, but:

No.

I'll be sadly looking for another Phone and OS.

nnb
    I wouldn't switch either. I'm big on picking service first, then the phone. I've been a customer with Sprint for over ten years, love the Simply Everything plan as well as 10% discount I get just because I'm part of a Credit Union. Automatically made a Premier member which was a nice surprise and have been enjoying the perks. They'll get the Palm Pre 2, and I'll be ready when they do.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    NO, hell no I wont switch to Verizon. A quick cost/benefit analysis will show you that Sprint is better or has the better value. Ok, you may argue that Verizon has more/better coverage. I would respond with, 'Having more coverage in obscure places doesn't make it better. For the most part anywhere I go, I have sprint coverage. and if not I have unlimited and included roaming, I havent been charged yet'. Next argument, Verizon will have the next gen webos phone. My response, As it pains me to say this 'i dont care. Epic 4G here I come'. Android is a very solid platform and I will drop Palm if they do an exclusive with another carrier. If its not exclusive then i'll wait till Sprint gets in the next gen Palm game.

Until Verizon matches Sprint in cost and amenities, i wont switch to them for the new WebOS device. Call me a sprint fan boy if you like, but you cant beat included unlimited data plus any-mobile plus night and weekends at 7pm.
    HA! no, I am perfectly happy with my Pixi on my Sprint plan. As a matter of fact, even if the new Palm comes to Sprint, but requires me to pay an extra $10 a month ($120 a year) for 4G coverage that I can't use, I will just hold onto my Pixi.
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Not gonna happen, never, never, never. I've been with Sprint for a long time, and the price, service, and customer service is the best in the business. Sprint treats me like I'm their best customer. The others treat my friends like they don't matter at all. I can call all mobile numbers for free, I have really unlimited data, with no tiers in sight, I have 1500 minutes a month, all for less than anyone else. I like the Sprint plan so much, I disconnected my landline and added my old Treo 755 as the house phone (number ported over).

I hope Sprint keeps up with Palm devices, but even if they don't, as loyal as I have been to Palm and HP for a decade, I will sooner switch away from Palm/HP than from Sprint. I won't like it, but I'll end up with an Android device before I'll end up on Verizon!
    We have four phones on an all-you-can-eat plan. Switching to Verizon would cost me a fortune, so I'm sticking with Sprunt (I think that spelling suits them better). With my savings, I can buy a hacked whatever-phone and put it on Sprunt.
    - Bubba
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    NO
    thought the thread is misleading, it is almost confermed that Sprint and Verizon is getting the new device this year. So this thread should be who would switch to Verizon, if Verizon gets it first, not if they only get it, because Verizon is not the only carrier getting the new device.
    Not a chance! My previous phone was a Samsung flip type(A620)... so this sprint PRE is a HUGE leap ahead for me. The next thing coming out cant be that much better that I would pay more to use it. I just wanna know if the PRE will run 2.0?
    In a word: NO

Sprint roams on Verizon, so everywhere Sprint and/or Verizon have towers, I'm covered. (I know, I know... the whole thing about VZW prioritizing their transmissions over roaming calls... but it's not like I would pick up loads of extra coverage area, and Sprint currently works great in 95% of the places I'm in.)

Plus, the CUSTOMER SERVICE at SPRINT has really BLOWN ME AWAY in the past few years. Add to that the fact that Sprint has simple, inexpensive pricing plans that don't drill you for every little thing. I'm very impressed with the trifecta from Sprint: price, service, and customer service--all excellent IMHO.

It would be a sad, sad, sad, sad day if it came to this. But I'm afraid I would have to stick with Sprint and take my chance with an Epic, or some other Android phone.

The way I would justify it is thusly: it would be Palm's loss if they did not work hard enough to strike a deal with Sprint; therefore, why would I want a phone from a company who wasn't willing to work for my patronage?

tobeaman
    Quote Originally Posted by garavin View Post
    My situation is the same. I loved Verizon's coverage, but the Pre brought me to Sprint. Their pricing can't be beat, and even though my signal strength at home is pretty spotty (rarely more than 2 bars), it's great at my workplace. Plus, I use the Pre more for the "smart" than the phone, and just connect to my home WiFi for most uses.

My wife hates Sprint's coverage with her BB Tour. Reception is terrible for her at work and at home, and she has little need for most smartphone featurs. Mostly we got the BB for her because of its GSM antenna, which we can use while traveling. But she'd be happier with a feature phone that gets a good signal (read Verizon).

So I'll probably stick with Sprint. Might move my wife to a voice/text plan on Verizon and call it good.
    Based on what you just said, it sounds like it's the phone, not the carrier (after all, your phone works better than hers, but you are both on Sprint). My understanding is that, since both Sprint and VZW are CDMA, they roam on each others' towers, so coverage shouldn't be tremendously different--a little different, yes, but not by much. Why would you not just get her a phone that worked better so she could stay with a carrier that offers better customer service and more reasonable rate plans?
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    I'll hack it first and put it on sprint.
    That may not work (with 4G).
    If Verizon paid me to switch, I might do it. I'd still have to think about it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by gavdempsey View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread slightly, but this seems an appropriate place to ask:
    I live in the UK and have been a little bemused since I started reading tech blogs / forums dominated by U.S. users, what is it that makes people stick rigidly with one carrier??
    I was on Orange for a few years, then wanted the Pre so had to switch to o2. The contract costs about the same, reception is slightly better at home, slightly worse at work, and well, my point is that it wouldn't make much difference to me which carrier I use and I'm willing to change at the end of every contract to get whatever the best deal is (every 12-18 months usually).
    Is there just a lack of competition resulting in big price / reception differences in the U.S.?
    Just curious because quite a lot is written about phones coming to whatever carrier, and I was always just think to myself 'why would I care?'!
    Most US consumers are used to picking a carrier and staying with it. As you mention, it's more of a mindset than anything. This has changed a little over the past few years. For Sprint, allot of that had to do with people who were on heavily discounted plans (SERO, etc.) and did not want to lose that pricing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajamin24 View Post
    A quick cost/benefit analysis will show you that Sprint is better or has the better value.
    In this case, cost has little to do with value. As a user of phones (daily) from all four major providers as a part of my job, I can confidently tell you Verizon provides the best value for business purposes. All it takes is the loss of signal or dropped call at the wrong moment (with the wrong customer) and all those pennies saved with Sprint slide right down the drain. I have customers that say things to me like, "Are you on your Verizon phone right now? This is really important."
    Quote Originally Posted by tobeaman View Post
    Based on what you just said, it sounds like it's the phone, not the carrier (after all, your phone works better than hers, but you are both on Sprint). My understanding is that, since both Sprint and VZW are CDMA, they roam on each others' towers, so coverage shouldn't be tremendously different--a little different, yes, but not by much. Why would you not just get her a phone that worked better so she could stay with a carrier that offers better customer service and more reasonable rate plans?
    Your wife's (or your!) PRL might be out of date if there's that much difference between phones.
    i have had the top 3 carriers, ATT, Verizon and now Sprint. i lost calls on ALL carriers. my family is still on Verizon and they lose just as many calls as i do on Sprint. i came to Sprint for the Pre. my bro liked my Pre. he is with Vzn and he got the Pre Plus. Vzn do nothing for the Pre Plus. they acted like it was day old meat and kept trying to talk him into an Android phone and was a bit upset that he still wanted the Pre Plus
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Will not switch from Sprint to any other carrier; I'm a loyal customer since Sprint has been good to me, and besides you can not beat the data plans + my employee discount :-). I will wait until it becomes available on Sprint to get mine, don't see myself switching. C'mon Sprint... don't let me look bad :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by riceldi View Post
    Will not switch from Sprint to any other carrier; I'm a loyal customer since Sprint has been good to me, and besides you can not beat the data plans + my employee discount :-). I will wait until it becomes available on Sprint to get mine, don't see myself switching. C'mon Sprint... don't let me look bad :-(
    +1
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast