View Poll Results: Switch if Sprint not have new WebOS device?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I need me some C40!

1 6.25%
  • Yes, but only if it's not on it for 'X' number of months...

1 6.25%
  • No, Sprint is too good of a deal

11 68.75%
  • Other

3 18.75%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    The ONLY way I'd switch to Verizon is if they can beat T-Mobile's rates, which are the lowest amongst the big four.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    My hands are starting to shake....

I think I would give it time to make it's way to Sprint. I don't NEED a new WebOS phone, I just want one. However it appears that being a Premier customer isn't helping me as I continue to wait for a new phone I want
    Dan
    Wont switch you cant make me i like the freebies on Sprint like GPS...luv it luv it luv it...i will wait.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I can't aford to switch to verizon and sprint works great in my erea
    . If the next palm doesn't come to sprint then I might be jumping ship to android
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    I will not switch.

1) It will make its way to each carrier EVENTUALLY.

2) With Uber running at 1G, I have adequate speed now

3) I like my phone. I have had none of the "issues" many have experienced

4) I assume that 2.0 will run on the Pre. If so, that will keep me appeased for quite a while.
    +1
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I already switched to Verizon, I get a 20% corporate discount with them and Sprint would not match it or throw anything my way. So Verizon actually ends up slightly cheaper (since soon all of their phones will be stuck with the $10/mo 4g fee, and no 4g even scheduled for where I live). I was also getting tired of not being able to have data whenever I travel, since Sprint tends to not have service in the places that I go on vacation to, but V does.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I am on the same boat as Kra2y.
    I would not leave Sprint to switch to Verizon but if for some reason the new HPalm device does not comes to Sprint i would have to go to Android.
    I was able to not switch to the Epic 4G but know that there would be no new HPalm device would definitely would be a push to switch to a differnt OS
    Nope, not in this lifetime.... On a Fixed income and $30/month is my Starbucks daily coffee for 15 days..... and have had Sprint 10 years, lived in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Albuquerque, Miami, Bedminster (NJ) and now NYC and no dropped calls or slow data feeds... \
    better Question is:

IF SPRINT GETS THE NEW PALM PHONE 1ST... WILL ALL YOU VZ & ATT PALM/PIXI+ USERS SWITCH TO SPRINT!.. HA....
    Not leaving Sprint unless they remove my 27% discount. I have 4 lines, I save a good amount, I'll have to deal with it and stay with Pre until the next one comes out, if it does. If not, I guess EVO or something like it will do.

Been with Sprint ever since Nextel was around, so I have a good 10+ years with them which also helps when I want to rant and stomp my feet.
    I'm hoping to hear some concrete things about the new web-os phone. I doubt it will have Pre in the title. That name is not exactly a big selling point to non Pre owners. I have a launch day Pre on Sprint and I love it! I am eligible for my upgrade now and that Samsung Epic has caught my attention but the recent rumors of a new web os phone has steadied my resolve. However with the 30 day trial I can try out an Epic and wait for the new Palm to drop in October. If it's only Verizon, forget it. I've been with Sprint for 9 years and I like their Premier customer perks. So if it is a Verizon only debut I'll have to say goodbye web-os and hello Android!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I won't switch carriers if Sprint doesn't get the new webOS phones I will just end up switching to an android phone. To go with V would cost me about $90 more for the features we use daily.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaganElephant View Post
    I came to Sprint from Verizon for the Pre. It is no contest that Verizon has the better network but Sprint is a better value. I also like the annual phone upgrade on Sprint. I'm with Sprint until June 2012. If they still don't have the newest Palm phone, I'll consider going back to Verizon.
    My situation is the same. I loved Verizon's coverage, but the Pre brought me to Sprint. Their pricing can't be beat, and even though my signal strength at home is pretty spotty (rarely more than 2 bars), it's great at my workplace. Plus, I use the Pre more for the "smart" than the phone, and just connect to my home WiFi for most uses.

My wife hates Sprint's coverage with her BB Tour. Reception is terrible for her at work and at home, and she has little need for most smartphone featurs. Mostly we got the BB for her because of its GSM antenna, which we can use while traveling. But she'd be happier with a feature phone that gets a good signal (read Verizon).

So I'll probably stick with Sprint. Might move my wife to a voice/text plan on Verizon and call it good.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
    no, never.
    Sorry to hijack the thread slightly, but this seems an appropriate place to ask:
    I live in the UK and have been a little bemused since I started reading tech blogs / forums dominated by U.S. users, what is it that makes people stick rigidly with one carrier??
    I was on Orange for a few years, then wanted the Pre so had to switch to o2. The contract costs about the same, reception is slightly better at home, slightly worse at work, and well, my point is that it wouldn't make much difference to me which carrier I use and I'm willing to change at the end of every contract to get whatever the best deal is (every 12-18 months usually).
    Is there just a lack of competition resulting in big price / reception differences in the U.S.?
    Just curious because quite a lot is written about phones coming to whatever carrier, and I was always just think to myself 'why would I care?'!
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    If Hpalm goes with Vz or Att for its next hardware release I'm jumping ship to android....
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I'm sticking w/ Sprint. If HPalm doesn't drop a new, quality phone on Sprint by the new year, I'll reluctantly snatch the EVO.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I'll stay with Sprint. I left Verizon to get away from the nickel and dime action they hit you with. Even if that $69 everything plan that Vz is testing out goes through, it'll never be $69. We used to get whacked with all kids of dumb charges, and we'd call them up to have monthly subscriptions removed (Vcast and whatnot) and then the next month they'd have the charges on there again and we'd have to call and cancel it again when we never used Vcast or Vz Navigator. They did this for the last 6 months of our contract. When it was up my cousin suggested Sprint. I switched and have not had a problem since (been about 1.2 years). I didn't come to Sprint for the Pre, that was just a happy side effect that it was available when I did switch. If Vz gets the new Palm device before Sprint, well I'll just have to get a different phone when it's time to upgrade. It'd be a sad day because I love my Pre, but I'm not platform biased.
    +2
    I'll stick with Sprint and guess I'll have to get use to an Andriod device. I think the HPalm phone will make it eventually. Also...if they keep hacking the original phone the way they have been then I would be happyfor awhile since the phone does want I want (first smartphone) and more for now. Lets just hope my cpu holds up on the 1ghz burn!!
    Quote Originally Posted by gavdempsey View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread slightly, but this seems an appropriate place to ask:
    I live in the UK and have been a little bemused since I started reading tech blogs / forums dominated by U.S. users, what is it that makes people stick rigidly with one carrier??
    I was on Orange for a few years, then wanted the Pre so had to switch to o2. The contract costs about the same, reception is slightly better at home, slightly worse at work, and well, my point is that it wouldn't make much difference to me which carrier I use and I'm willing to change at the end of every contract to get whatever the best deal is (every 12-18 months usually).
    Is there just a lack of competition resulting in big price / reception differences in the U.S.?
    Just curious because quite a lot is written about phones coming to whatever carrier, and I was always just think to myself 'why would I care?'!
    2 reasons for me:
    1) 12 years great service & coverage with Sprint
    2) 20% corporate discount on monthly Sprint bill.
    I see pandas.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast