View Poll Results: Switch if Sprint not have new WebOS device?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I need me some C40!

1 6.25%
  • Yes, but only if it's not on it for 'X' number of months...

1 6.25%
  • No, Sprint is too good of a deal

11 68.75%
  • Other

3 18.75%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    don't think that will be a problem. Who ever thinks this is being released on verizon and not sprint is living in a fantasy world.
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    I'll hack it first and put it on sprint.
    i can upgrade anytime i want no matter what being a 10 year sprint customer ( takes a little sweet talk ) so i'll keep that status and do what nitoxy would do.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Verizon is testing a 69 unlimited everything plan in socal right now
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Answer to your Question I cant even think of switching to verizon, even if they get the new hardware by the time the get webOS2.0 on it sprint might even get 2.5.1

but if u travel a lot then you might want to consider the option, but that being said I stay in Cleveland Ohio and travel to both Columbus and Bowling Green with out any complaints, I have always roam patch and my signal is as good as my work Verizon phone. The only time I had issues with it was on my way to Iowa.
    I'll switch to Android with the Evo

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    if it wasn't released on Sprint, then yes, I would take my plan elsewhere.
    I'd stay with sprint
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Nope. I like my sprint plan. I can wait.
    No
    I would never switch carriers solely for the device.

I love my Pre, but I'm not going carrier hoping to stay with Palm.

I think the best scenario for Palm, and us consumers would be a mutli-carrier launch of any new device. It's obvious that Sprint doesn't know how to do an exclusive right, and it's obvious that Verizon is too focused on "Droid" to do a Palm exclusive any justice. It's also obvious that AT&T has way too many of their eggs in Apple's basket to justify a Palm exclusive... so who does that leave? T-Mobile? I sure hope not. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I wouldn't abandon a financially beneficial plan just for a different device, especially where the service in my area with Sprint is very good. OTOH, if another provider offered an equal plan, and had equal service at equal price, I would let the device take precedence. Let's be honest, each provider offers devices which will get the job done, but it is up to the user to decide whether costs and hassle of changing providers, and setting up new devices is worth having the abitities of a newer device.

On a side note, I wonder just how many people will be jumping ship when the iPhone exclusivity runs out.... I can see AT&T grabbing at any device they can get their hands on hoping to retain some of their marketshare.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I like the Pre enough to not worry about this stuff. A new device will come to Sprint and their pricing, coverage, and the fact that the Pre is a great phone yet will keep me. Why would I through my money out the window to pay more for service with Verizon instead of simply waiting - it isn't worth the lost money to me. Besides... I really doubt Sprint users will have to wait long (if at all) for a new device too. Why sweat about it now?
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    its been almost confermed through my insiders and everyone else's that lines up with all sources that sprint will be getting it first, then Verizon. So no need for switching though Verizon my source says will be getting it right behind sprint once their LTE launches.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    If Sprint doesn't get it first they will get it eventually....no reason to get all switchy switchy
    Quote Originally Posted by kg4icg View Post
    I've been with Sprint for 14 years. Why the hell would I even think about switching.
    All of this.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Nope. It's just not worth it. I like my money.
    regardless of who it goes to first, we can pretty much figure out that the launch will suck if verizon pre plus users are locked in for another year and the big v is still licensing "droid"

sprint is cheaper, they work in my area, and have faster data. and i get a new phone every year on 2 of my 4 lines, no i do not know how, and im not asking so they screw it up.
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I have no intention to do it, because it's cheaper here.
    I don't think the Big V will get it first. I think the Big Yellow will, then Verizon and AT&T. But I think it will be a shorter wait and not a "exclusive deal" from the start. The reason I think this is i really think the Palm Pre 2 will be 4G, and next year is when Verizon/AT&T will be getting "4G LTE" phones. So it will go "Pre 2" for Sprint and "Pre 2 +" for Verizon and AT&T. AT&T might have to wait longer, tho, because I am not sure when AT&T is launching their LTE network next year.

However, back to the question. I would never switch to another carrier. I have had Sprint since like 2004 and my family has had sprint since ... 2000? They have always been good to us and we would never think of switching. Sprint has the best rate plans and we would be paying way over $100 for what we have now on any other network.

So I am happy with Sprint!
    hell no its provider first then phone.
    if it goes to verizon first and i would have to wait 6 months i would have to go with the samsung Epic.
    sad to say but i am not willing to pay 30 to 50 extra for nothing.
    in my area the service is the same
    Verizon is very expensive compare to Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    I don't think the Big V will get it first. I think the Big Yellow will, then Verizon and AT&T. But I think it will be a shorter wait and not a "exclusive deal" from the start. The reason I think this is i really think the Palm Pre 2 will be 4G, and next year is when Verizon/AT&T will be getting "4G LTE" phones. So it will go "Pre 2" for Sprint and "Pre 2 +" for Verizon and AT&T. AT&T might have to wait longer, tho, because I am not sure when AT&T is launching their LTE network next year.

However, back to the question. I would never switch to another carrier. I have had Sprint since like 2004 and my family has had sprint since ... 2000? They have always been good to us and we would never think of switching. Sprint has the best rate plans and we would be paying way over $100 for what we have now on any other network.

So I am happy with Sprint!
    Verizon is getting LTE phones in novemeber so the speculation is Verizons verison will be 4G. Yes you are correct though sprint and Verizons version will be released very close to each other, so threat not about thinking of switching carriers if your on either network.
    I will not switch.

1) It will make its way to each carrier EVENTUALLY.

2) With Uber running at 1G, I have adequate speed now

3) I like my phone. I have had none of the "issues" many have experienced

4) I assume that 2.0 will run on the Pre. If so, that will keep me appeased for quite a while.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast