Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 293
  1.    #1  
    • 4″ LCD capacitive glass screen
    • 8MP camera with 720p recording
    • Front facing camera
    • 960 x 640 resolution
    • DLNA support
    • 1.2ghz CPU
    <<link removed by Mod>>

    If you guys are following Rahul Sood on twitter, you can clearly see that HP is cooking something really awesome for the new Palm Pre 2. I mean, there is so much hype coming from both HP and Palm that you gotta be stupid to think that WebOS is dead and that there is not going to be a Palm Pre 2. The writing is all over the wall that very soon we are going to see an Palm Pre Envy.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/25/2010 at 06:10 PM.
  2. #2  
    Is this down?

    Well, if anyone CAN'T reach the site:

    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3528740/What...m%20c40%20.htm
    Last edited by tooearly; 08/25/2010 at 03:27 PM.
    Sprint Love
  3. #3  
    Wow! I am loving the specs so far.
  4. #4  
    PICs or take off, eh!

    I do love the spec but who is that website
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/25/2010 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Language - forum is PG13
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  5. #5  
    I just want to quote this comment from user "Supersonical":

    "our source is highly reliable. he works at Sprint in the upcoming products dept. He was the same person who released all of the Supersonic info to myself back in March which turned out to be spot on. That included size, cameras, processor, and release date. Other facts currently known such as the OMAP 4 processors which are being shipped line up with this story as well. It is legit!"

    Can't wait.
    Sprint Love
  6. #6  
    Already sold
  7. #7  
    I'm wondering where you get the idea that it will be called Palm Pre Envy. If you made up the name, fine, but say as much. Palm would have a great deal of difficulty releasing something called the Envy since LG already has a line called the enV. Not only is there a trademark issue (something with which Palm has been quite familiar almost from Day 1), but there's a marketing problem with it. Enough people are familiar with the enV that confusion could result and hurt sales, since the enV is not and never was the top phone on the market.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post
    I'm wondering where you get the idea that it will be called Palm Pre Envy. If you made up the name, fine, but say as much. Palm would have a great deal of difficulty releasing something called the Envy since LG already has a line called the enV. Not only is there a trademark issue (something with which Palm has been quite familiar almost from Day 1), but there's a marketing problem with it. Enough people are familiar with the enV that confusion could result and hurt sales, since the enV is not and never was the top phone on the market.
    Because HP makes top of the line laptops called Envy.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

    Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

    LOVE IT
  9. #9  
    I couldn't care less what it's called. If those end up being the specs, I'll wait as long as I have to for it. That would be the definition of "getting it right," particularly if the 1.2GHz processor is a dual-core OMAP4.

    And the DNLA part is fascinating: it's obscure enough that it wouldn't make it into the typical false rumor, but it makes perfect sense. HP has multifunction devices that are DNLA-compatible, and so that fits. Hmmm....
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  10. #10  
    I can't wait to see what it looks like. But I hope that's not the name.
  11. #11  
    im sold too now we just got to see what webos 2.0 is like...
  12. #12  
    lines up with my sources too for sprint.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post
    Because HP makes top of the line laptops called Envy.
    That's really not sufficient reason to think it would be called that. HP is going to be extremely cognizant of trademark dilution issues, as will Palm. I seriously doubt they would risk the lawsuit or people thinking it's an inferior phone linked to the texter that was the enV.
  14. #14  
    This is the best sounding rumor I have seen so far.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    lines up with my sources too for sprint.
    Seems pieces are being pulled together now
  16. #16  
    Considering how webOS 1.X and the Pre/Pixi went... I would be floored if it had DLNA support...

    This is a new website trying to generate web traffic??
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Considering how webOS 1.X and the Pre/Pixi went... I would be floored if it had DLNA support...
    Given HP's investment in the standard, I'd be surprised if it didn't have DNLA support, now that I'm thinking about it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post
    That's really not sufficient reason to think it would be called that. HP is going to be extremely cognizant of trademark dilution issues, as will Palm. I seriously doubt they would risk the lawsuit or people thinking it's an inferior phone linked to the texter that was the enV.
    true i see your point, and though my insider has no name for this new device, lets just hope they keep your issue with the name in mind if they do name it that (which Im sure they will). Until then lets hope they execute this product the way the original pre should have.
  19. #19  
    How about The "Palm Lives"
  20. #20  
    I guess we will all see in few months.
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions