Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    I must admit, I would by the Porshe before I'd ever by a ferrari. :-)
    Because it has a keyboard and you still have those "few" who still think a physical keyboard is better.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikerage View Post
    Epic 4G doesn't seem as impressive as the EVO though. Specs, screen size, thickness.... All seem like underachievers compared to the EVO.

Of course, that's like comparing a Ferrari to a Porshe, but why pay more for the Porshe?
    srsly?

Epic has better processor. Not a little better either. Also from the photo tests that were done (forgot if it was engadget or androidcentral) it was decided that the Epic was better there too. A quick search and I can't find it though so I may be wrong...

With the AMOLED screen with more colors and not limited to 30fps, and the hummingbird processor, that to me is more important. I would rather have no keyboard too, but would put up with it to have better specs like the Epic has.

None of that matters though because I'm getting the next Palm.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Palm keeps there future product line really tightly held, any other phone we would have seen a leaked picture now on Engadget. I wonder if we'll ever see a leaked picture
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    within a week week and a half
    Quote Originally Posted by asharrop View Post
    srsly?

Epic has better processor. Not a little better either. Also from the photo tests that were done (forgot if it was engadget or androidcentral) it was decided that the Epic was better there too. A quick search and I can't find it though so I may be wrong...

With the AMOLED screen with more colors and not limited to 30fps, and the hummingbird processor, that to me is more important. I would rather have no keyboard too, but would put up with it to have better specs like the Epic has.

None of that matters though because I'm getting the next Palm.

well I'm change over to the Epic until palm comes out with a new phone. I'm buying it with out renewing so I can put my 150$ towards future palm _ phone
    Quote Originally Posted by drexaljim View Post
    within a week week and a half
    Within a week and a half...what? A leaked photo? An announcement? Getting the Epic? I know which I'd like it to be. Could you clarify please?
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    leaked photo.
    Quote Originally Posted by drexaljim View Post
    leaked photo.
    <squeeeee! /> *ahem*. Thank you, sir. I'll ask for no further details. I want to believe.
    more info regarding Sprint, and Tmobile. Also the order of release dates are still not 100% (verizon 1st sprint 2nd or vice versa), and jackson stated he has some more interesting, BETTER news for sprint customers too.

"Sorry, nothing on Tmobile yet, however, (talks with Sprint have been heating up). Roadblocks appear to be between (CDMA/GSM and having Clearwire being able to support LTE). That’s all I really know, Jackson could fill you in better. I think he may post an article later this week about the next gen communication technologies, so keep an eye out for that – he will cover it in much more detail"

admin from webosworld.com

to me IMO the issue is with the 4G network, though if you look at it certain ways it could say Sprints 4G network is up already and running, where as Verizon wont launch until november with less coverage. To me this could give a idea who's device will be ready first (sprint oct-nov) and whos second (Verizon nov-dec).
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    more info regarding Sprint, and Tmobile. Also the order of release dates are still not 100% (verizon 1st sprint 2nd or vice versa), and jackson stated he has some more interesting, BETTER news for sprint customers too.

"Sorry, nothing on Tmobile yet, however, (talks with Sprint have been heating up). Roadblocks appear to be between (CDMA/GSM and having Clearwire being able to support LTE). That’s all I really know, Jackson could fill you in better. I think he may post an article later this week about the next gen communication technologies, so keep an eye out for that – he will cover it in much more detail"

admin from webosworld.com

to me IMO the issue is with the 4G network, though if you look at it certain ways it could say Sprints 4G network is up already and running, where as Verizon wont launch until november with less coverage. To me this could give a idea who's device will be ready first (sprint oct-nov) and whos second (Verizon nov-dec).
    IMO, a new palm phone with LTE would be a great phone for Verizon to launch their 4G network. But I doubt we'll see LTE phones until mid 2011 at the earliest.

I think a WiMax palm phone is a more likely possibility.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    hell yea!!!!
    any word on keyboard? (virtual vs hardware)
    Whats in a name;... who cares.... call it phisher..... just get it out so I can buy one!!!
    OK...OK... call it PRE-NEXT
    Quote Originally Posted by cheese3915 View Post
    any word on keyboard? (virtual vs hardware)
    The rumors keep pointing to a vertical sliding, 3.8" diagnal screen with a 960x640 screen resolution.

One would assume that any smartphone that is mean to be used seriously in landscape mode for text entry, will have a virtual (software) keyboard.

This is one of the areas that the Pre disappoiinted many in, unfortunately, however, "there is a patch for that"!!

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    IMO, a new palm phone with LTE would be a great phone for Verizon to launch their 4G network. But I doubt we'll see LTE phones until mid 2011 at the earliest.

I think a WiMax palm phone is a more likely possibility.
    LTE this year is confirmed.... by METRO PCS.

Samsung Craft to be MetroPCS' first LTE handset, Dallas-Ft. Worth added as a launch market -- Engadget
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    The rumors keep pointing to a vertical sliding, 3.8" diagnal screen with a 960x640 screen resolution.

One would assume that any smartphone that is mean to be used seriously in landscape mode for text entry, will have a virtual (software) keyboard.

This is one of the areas that the Pre disappoiinted many in, unfortunately, however, "there is a patch for that"!!

Man I was hoping for a larger screen, even if it meant going to horizontal slider or even a slab
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    3.8in. ? :facepalm: Fail.
    My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
    Have you used a 4" device? Personally I think it is a bit on the large side for me. Would I like something bigger than the Pre, sure, does it HAVE to be 4", no. Give me something between Pre and 4" with a good portrait keyboard so I don't always have to turn my phone if I want to type something, and I will be happy.
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast