Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberiian View Post
    Hi everyone. I did a quick search, but hadn't seen this posted yet in the forum. I found this info at webosworld. Take it for what it's worth:

I hope everyone had a nice weekend; I sure did! I’ll keep this short and sweet. Here is some info about upcoming Palm webOS devices.

•There will be multiple devices with multiple carrier launches before the end of the calendar year (2010).
    •A device will likely be available with Verizon first, followed by Sprint. AT&T is likely to receive new devices at the beginning of 2011.
    •An announcement will be made as early the end of September or early October, and a launch planned for either the end of October or early November. (This matches up with the EOL for the Verizon Wireless Palm Pre+.)
    •It is likely that multiple carriers will be getting the webOS tablet in 2011, however 1 carrier has already been confirmed.
    •Hardware field tests have been completed on some models of the testing devices.
    That’s all for now, Enjoy!
    I like everything in the list except the "Verizon getting it 1st" part they havent even released the latest updates to the users....Sprint users should be getting 1st dibs
    Quote Originally Posted by ksumanth View Post
    Well if Palm comes out with those specs then it will sweep me off the floor. I hope those are the specs.

I have made at least 3 of my friends wait for the next WebOS device and with no leaks and blurry cam pics its hard to retain them any longer. Palm just throw a bone at us and I promise at least 4 guys in the line on the day of release.
    i as well have had a few friends lined up for the next webos device and lost them to the phones that are currently being released do to lack of info regarding its release and evidence of its existence... their loss IMO. i dont care, im waiting. i just got a shiny new (referbed) pre that will hold me over and b a nice spare when i get the c40, roadrunner, envy, pre2, Evolution, Pinnacle (just made that up but it would b a nice name right? haha) or w/e u wanna call it. i mean the phones out there are very nice and there is no reason y some1 wouldnt want to get one instead of waiting for this next gen palm to come out, especially if the person hasnt had a pre and appriciated its awesomeness... webos ftw
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    It better have flash, that's all i'm saying.
    And Skype
    I know this topic hasn't been thrown around in awhile but a pico projector on a phone still sounds like a nice idea. Why did everyone stop pursuing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    I know this topic hasn't been thrown around in awhile but a pico projector on a phone still sounds like a nice idea. Why did everyone stop pursuing this?
    Because it's idiotic and bloats the phone.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    The technology isn't ready yet for efficient regular use (in spite of Samsung selling one in Korea), and it's quite an energy hog. With better green lasers coming, we should see one on a US phone in 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    It better have flash, that's all i'm saying.
    And Skype
    Quote Originally Posted by BBooDoc View Post
    Ironic that as I switch back and forth to Pandora from this thread, I see an add for HP Envy laptops. HP may not need to be too worried about an old has-been phone, since they can use their HP Envy trademark any way they want to.
    :: sigh :: No, they can't. It's substantially similar to the name of another cell phone. Trademarks are well-protected within their particular product niche. LG has the enV (which is still being sold), so HP would get sued for trademark infringement and dilution for calling their phone the Envy without licensing the name.

There are still plenty of names that they can come up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberiian View Post
    Hi everyone. I did a quick search, but hadn't seen this posted yet in the forum. I found this info at webosworld. Take it for what it's worth:

I hope everyone had a nice weekend; I sure did! I’ll keep this short and sweet. Here is some info about upcoming Palm webOS devices.

•There will be multiple devices with multiple carrier launches before the end of the calendar year (2010).
    •A device will likely be available with Verizon first, followed by Sprint. AT&T is likely to receive new devices at the beginning of 2011.
    •An announcement will be made as early the end of September or early October, and a launch planned for either the end of October or early November. (This matches up with the EOL for the Verizon Wireless Palm Pre+.)
    •It is likely that multiple carriers will be getting the webOS tablet in 2011, however 1 carrier has already been confirmed.
    •Hardware field tests have been completed on some models of the testing devices.
    That’s all for now, Enjoy!
    Verizon first? That sucks. Considering how much they botched the launch of the Pre Plus, Sprint should still be getting first dibs (of course that tool of a CFO at Sprint who said that Pre customers were just iPhone haters while the EVO was a true alternative, along with Rubinstein's comments about launching on Sprint first probably didn't help their relationship).
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    I like everything in the list except the "Verizon getting it 1st" part they havent even released the latest updates to the users....Sprint users should be getting 1st dibs

maybe that is why we vzw users will get it first? we have been patiently waiting for a new update, but ill take a new device instead...
    Moto Razr>>BlackBerry 8703e>>Moto Q>>Blackberry Curve 8330>>Blackberry Storm>>Palm Pre +
    Quote Originally Posted by callen10 View Post
    maybe that is why we vzw users will get it first? we have been patiently waiting for a new update, but ill take a new device instead...
    Sprint peeps been sitting on the Pre Minus for more than a year so its only fair we get it 1st.
    unfortunately, we Sprint users HAVE waited a year and change for new hardware, but it is also Sprint who decided to push out horrible advertising that literally just pushed consumers to other phones - iphone? droid? you get the point.
    in retrospect, although sprint users should get the next gen webOS device first, they most likely aren't due to sprint's lack of hype towards the original pre. yes they tried, but they didn't try hard enough. when comparing webOS ads to that of the droid, or the iphone, its easy to see why Palm might not stick with the nation's 3rd wireless carrier.
    whine all you want, but the truth is the truth, and me being a dedicated Sprint user for 6+ years, I am a bit disgusted, but then again who can I blame? Palm or Sprint?
    Palm is simply doing its job.
    everyone should be lucky that Palm allows us to homebrew and they actually listen to us when it comes to developing.
    some people on here just complain and complain. and when their "needs" are met. they complain for the next big thing.
    so for all you Sprinters out there, WE WILL GET THE DAMN PRE EVENTUALLY. if not first then second. if not second then third. at least we'll get it!
    its not like we're living an iCrisis.
    if "hype" and "effort" are what determines who gets the next webOS phone, it won't get launched in the US.
    people understand this is from a different source even they state that on their "what happen to the palm C40" blog:

Update: From a different connect we are hearing of news about a palm device on atleast one other carrier. Hopefully more info to follow on this one shortly!

so as stated they don't know def, neither does anyones source who will be getting the device first, as well as bottom line the Sprint and Verizon launch will be most likely weeks inbetween each other. Also the Delay I heard from my connect to sprint, is a maybe due to the 4G radio issue on the device, but they still say a oct-nov launch for sprint. So to me either way we should see it on both sprint and Verizon by dec the latest.
    our supersonical says in that same post:

#7 written by supersonical
    about 13 hours ago
    Reply Quote Don’t worry Sprint’s release should be relatively around the same time as Verizon’s. It’ll be worth the wait!
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    That being the case, the keyboard can possibly become more efficient in its layout, with less rows, and more keys on each row, which would decrease potential additional "top heaviness" some might feel.
    a non-querty layout keyboard?

That would get flamed more than the existing ones did. Personally, I like using what was shipped with the original Pre.
    I have a vacation planned the week of October 12th... please palm, make it amazing!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by cmilette View Post
    unfortunately, we Sprint users HAVE waited a year and change for new hardware, but it is also Sprint who decided to push out horrible advertising that literally just pushed consumers to other phones - iphone? droid? you get the point.
    in retrospect, although sprint users should get the next gen webOS device first, they most likely aren't due to sprint's lack of hype towards the original pre. yes they tried, but they didn't try hard enough. when comparing webOS ads to that of the droid, or the iphone, its easy to see why Palm might not stick with the nation's 3rd wireless carrier.
    whine all you want, but the truth is the truth, and me being a dedicated Sprint user for 6+ years, I am a bit disgusted, but then again who can I blame? Palm or Sprint?
    Palm is simply doing its job.
    everyone should be lucky that Palm allows us to homebrew and they actually listen to us when it comes to developing.
    some people on here just complain and complain. and when their "needs" are met. they complain for the next big thing.
    so for all you Sprinters out there, WE WILL GET THE DAMN PRE EVENTUALLY. if not first then second. if not second then third. at least we'll get it!
    its not like we're living an iCrisis.
    The pre was in a ton of Sprint commercials at launch and I spotted it in Heroes like 10 times among other shows. The Palm advertising was horrible (creepy chic, monks, etc) and Verizon pitched it to women initially I think. The Sprint commercials were at least tasteful.
    .,;-#$^***^$#-;,.

Quote Originally Posted by konsole View Post
    The pre was in a ton of Sprint commercials at launch and I spotted it in Heroes like 10 times among other shows. The Palm advertising was horrible (creepy chic, monks, etc) and Verizon pitched it to women initially I think. The Sprint commercials were at least tasteful.
    personally i think Tamara Hope was was a very interesting approach to the palm ads at first. just like how apple handles ads - words and pictures to basically hypnotize the viewer.
    i loved the commercials. i wanted a pre when i heard about it january of last year. but, unfortunately, no matter how good the advertisement gets, all the webOS sites will nod in agreement that Sprint chargers WAY too much for the original pre and pixi (compared to the newer models) and although very excited about its launch, and has a good majority of webOS users out there on its network, it tends to fall short trying to keep them with the now network :/
    I'm cancelling my Epic 4G pre-order!

I can wait a couple of months longer to see what happens with HP/Palm. My Pre is running at 1 Ghz and with the free Mobile Hotspot... I'm still lovin' it.

If the new "Pre" isn't everything I've ever wanted...the Epic 4G will still be available.
    Epic 4G doesn't seem as impressive as the EVO though. Specs, screen size, thickness.... All seem like underachievers compared to the EVO.

Of course, that's like comparing a Ferrari to a Porshe, but why pay more for the Porshe?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    because the porsche is a hell of alot more awesome
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast