Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    The phone will not have a 1.2Ghz clock, it will be a 1GHz OMAP4430 chip. As you all know, the screen should be 3.8" and should be an IPS LCD. I heard from my source that they already have the chips and are building the phones. I don't understand why he can't tell me the exact style of the phone BUT oh well.. He hinted to a similar design to the Pre. He can tell me hardware specs but not the style of it? Odd, but I take anything I can get, because I'm a tech fiend. Supposedly they had chosen the form factor already before they introduced the hardware into it. They didn't know what hardware would be out and what was going to happen with Palm and HP. Palm had a deal with TI from February for the TI OMAP4 chips.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Do you mean the OMAP4440? That is 1GHz, where as the OMAP4430 is listed as 720 MHz.

Texas Instruments OMAP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hmm, reading the source: http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/wtb...ontentId=53243 it says

OMAP4430 operates at up to 1 GHz
    OMAP4440 operates at 1+ GHz
    So i suppose they could be using a 4430 at 1 GHz.

---
    Other interesting bits of info worth salivating over:
    150 percent CPU performance increase versus previous ARM Cortex-A8 core
    Faster user interfaces and less power consumption
    2x the sustained graphics performance compared to the previous SGX530 core
    and plenty of info about the substantial reduction in power consumption.
    Sounds logical. I'm kind of hoping HP helps Palm buy up the supply of 4430's for most of the year to help them stay on top. I'm hoping for a glass screen that's fingerprint resistant. With all the information flying around now, we can't be far from an announcement.
    what if there using both? OMAP4430 for the pixi upgrade and OMAP4440 for the pre upgrade?
    What if they're using both in the SAME DEVICE!

Screw dual core, welcome to dual chips. Now you can have two processors on the same motherboard. Your new phone will be unstoppable and only run for about 10 minutes.
    Hi all,

I love this thread.....I will take one no matter what the specs are....

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    A 1ghz smartphone is par for the course these days. If HP wants to stand out with a flagship webOS handheld they would be smart to step it up to 1.2Ghz. And include a 2000mah battery for that sucker.

i'm not going to create a wishlist of specs that I heard from my cat, but a screen smaller then the Evo and larger the then iPhone would be a sweet spot to hit whatever resolution it ends up being.

I really hope i don't have to go through September and still be guessing what the hardware for the Next Gen webOS device will be.

Tim
    I’m a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    A 1ghz smartphone is par for the course these days. If HP wants to stand out with a flagship webOS handheld they would be smart to step it up to 1.2Ghz. And include a 2000mah battery for that sucker.

i'm not going to create a wishlist of specs that I heard from my cat, but a screen smaller then the Evo and larger the then iPhone would be a sweet spot to hit whatever resolution it ends up being.

I really hope i don't have to go through September and still be guessing what the hardware for the Next Gen webOS device will be.

Tim
    Um... no.

1ghz Dual Core, is, currently, leading edge, and would blow the socks off any current single core 1Ghz CPU.

The 1.2 ghz version (4440) is a dual core with higher clock speeds, likely on target for release early next year.

Both, however, have reported incredible energy savings capabilties, and will help expand battery life, reportedly.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

But this 1ghz form is not the norm, as it will be the first dual core processor smarthphone. somebody correct me if i'm wrong.

Nevermind see post above.
    If the display is to be glass, let it be Gorilla Glass (tm). I am a butterfingers and know I will drop it.
    They should use "bullet-proof" glass just so be able to say it can save your life it you deflect bullts with your phone.
    Hi everyone. I did a quick search, but hadn't seen this posted yet in the forum. I found this info at webosworld. Take it for what it's worth:

I hope everyone had a nice weekend; I sure did! I’ll keep this short and sweet. Here is some info about upcoming Palm webOS devices.

•There will be multiple devices with multiple carrier launches before the end of the calendar year (2010).
    •A device will likely be available with Verizon first, followed by Sprint. AT&T is likely to receive new devices at the beginning of 2011.
    •An announcement will be made as early the end of September or early October, and a launch planned for either the end of October or early November. (This matches up with the EOL for the Verizon Wireless Palm Pre+.)
    •It is likely that multiple carriers will be getting the webOS tablet in 2011, however 1 carrier has already been confirmed.
    •Hardware field tests have been completed on some models of the testing devices.
    That’s all for now, Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    They should use "bullet-proof" glass just so be able to say it can save your life it you deflect bullts with your phone.
    I love it, ahhaah, LOL! Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I think we all have a rough idea of what to expect thanks to this thread. Good info in here and I hope it all turns out fairly accurate.

I also am looking forward to the software enhancements. Both for current PDK apps being refined which will come with time, and for newer apps that may take advantage of the superior hardware coming. Not to mention the OS enhancements and API's soon to be released.

If it get's to the point where a developer can't talk about the major players in the smartphone market without leaving out WebOS like they currently do, I'll be a happy camper. Latest and greatest is what I like so don't wanna keep waiting last in line for the good stuff.

Bit off topic there so...
    exit
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberiian View Post
    Hi everyone. I did a quick search, but hadn't seen this posted yet in the forum. I found this info at webosworld. Take it for what it's worth:

I hope everyone had a nice weekend; I sure did! I’ll keep this short and sweet. Here is some info about upcoming Palm webOS devices.

•There will be multiple devices with multiple carrier launches before the end of the calendar year (2010).
    •A device will likely be available with Verizon first, followed by Sprint. AT&T is likely to receive new devices at the beginning of 2011.
    •An announcement will be made as early the end of September or early October, and a launch planned for either the end of October or early November. (This matches up with the EOL for the Verizon Wireless Palm Pre+.)
    •It is likely that multiple carriers will be getting the webOS tablet in 2011, however 1 carrier has already been confirmed.
    •Hardware field tests have been completed on some models of the testing devices.
    Verizon before Sprint? Please don't let that be. But sadly it may be true since Sprint will release the Epic 4G on Aug 31st and will prob want it to be on the spotlight for a little bit. I am hoping for launch on Sprint by end of October.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Sprint has a huge amount of inventory left over. They are ****eddddd at Palm since it didn't really help them out. They assumed it would save their company. No Sprint, the only way to save your company is great advertising and good policies/plans that help you flourish. Not to mention strengthening your network and your support team.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberiian View Post

Hi all,

I also had a great week end, I hope all of you did as well.....

If it is true that it will be out on V first, if you are a S or AT&T customer...and this info is correct, it will only be a few weeks later to it is available to the rest of us....

After all, it is the end of Aug (08/30/2010), that only leaves 4 months to the end of the year.

My guess is that we are not going to see ANYTHING until at least Oct, on V.

Don't they need to start advertising it before it goes up for sale???? There is no info out there at all...if that is the case AT&T & S will have the new Palm phone in less than 3 months...we can all wait!

I have waited 2 years, as I am still using my trusty old Centro, which had a 2 year contract on it, which ends approx Oct 15. (I was therefore not able to even get the Pre). If I managed to wait so can we all...

Take care,

Jay
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Ironic that as I switch back and forth to Pandora from this thread, I see an add for HP Envy laptops. HP may not need to be too worried about an old has-been phone, since they can use their HP Envy trademark any way they want to.

here's hoping for a rip-roaring new phone for Christmas....
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    As for Palm Pre3 and WebOS 3.0,

While I was passed out in a sugar-high stupor from eating my kids cereal, I had a vision that corroborates everything said about the Palm Pre 3 and WebOS 3, except that it will also have a fiber-optic port for the Time-Warner Cable app to watch Roadrunner re-runs. Personally, that is the selling point for me!
    so i went into sprint to replace my pre the other day because i dropped it into a fire (dont ask haha). Those sales people damn... he wouldnt get off of me about android. i was like, "bro, dont even bother, im getting the next webos phone and its going to crap on everything u are showing me now." you should have saw his face. he was confused y i wouldnt want an evo. he just didnt know. what a tool... i will at Sprint the day this phone is released my my credit card in hand ready to pay whatever it is they ask for.... i check multipule times a week for new rumors and i havnt been as excited about one as this. its our time boys! our pres are finally gunna b upgraded and we can show all these apple/ google fan boys that their phones are yesteryear's tech.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/30/2010 at 01:06 PM.
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast