Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    After living with a Droid 1 since launch day and a Droid X for the past 2.5 weeks, I must say that I simply cannot ever go back to anything less than 800x480 on 4". And I'd insist that a 4" screen device have a physical keyboard ala the Samsung Galaxy S Epic on Sprint. For a portrait slider keyboard device like the Pre or BB Torch, I think 3.7" is about as big as it can realistically go with a decent keyboard below the screen.

For 4.3" I can make do (grudgingly) with a virtual keyboard. I wouldn't rule out a larger phone like a 4.4" or a 4.5" even but It'd have to be an ultra-wide aspect ratio...that is, taller in my hand when in portrait mode but the same width as the current crop of big screen phones. I have fairly large hands and the HD2/Evo/Droid X are about as wide as I can comfortably manage in one hand and "reach" icons at the top with my thumb.

At any rate, I'm very eager to see what Palm & HP have in store for us. Just because I am termporarily on the Android train doesn't mean I intend to stay there for life...
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Portrait slider, on a 4" screen?

That's way to big for a portrait slider. Even the Pre gets pretty long with the keyboard open. I can't imagine how ridiculous that look be when typing.
    Can we all at least PLEASE make a conscious effort to NOT call the new screen with a 480 x 960 resolution by Apple's marketing dribble "retina display" please?

That's like if Nike came up with a new shoe with a sole so good you feel your running on air and call it the "plantar sole".

*sigh*. I couldn't come up with a better analogy... But anyway, can we please, as educated citizens, not adopt such blindly stupid habits?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    2 questions:
    1. Why should I believe supersonical?
    2. Why is he banned on androidforums.com
    I am asking myself the same thing.

Not trying to be negative or anything but nothing has been provided to show that the source is legit or the specs are accurate.

The Specs were posted in an article on a random blog that just opened up a few days ago and for some reason people are taking this word as gospel.

Now I am not saying that the info is wrong or that it is right but am I missing something here as to what makes him right.

Until Palm/HP leak something their self everything posted on here should be taken with a grain of salt. It doesnt matter if they spoke to Sprint customer service or know someone who knows someone. It also doesnt matter if they guessed a previous release before correct.

If anybody here lurked on Androidcentral boards this is very similar to when everyone for looking for the Epic release date.
    Everyone there was saying they spoke to someone or that they had inside sources and nobody had a clue to the right release day.

People went from saying, July 31 to August 5, then August 11(To match the Droid 2), then August 20/21, they even guessed September 9, etc and the phone ended up with an actual release date of August 31.

So people on most message boards in fact rarely know what they are talking about and these rumors most likely have no merit to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by K-rod90 View Post
    I am asking myself the same thing.

Not trying to be negative or anything but nothing has been provided to show that the source is legit or the specs are accurate.

The Specs were posted in an article on a random blog that just opened up a few days ago and for some reason people are taking this word as gospel.

Now I am not saying that the info is wrong or that it is right but am I missing something here as to what makes him right.

Until Palm/HP leak something their self everything posted on here should be taken with a grain of salt. It doesnt matter if they spoke to Sprint customer service or know someone who knows someone. It also doesnt matter if they guessed a previous release before correct.

If anybody here lurked on Androidcentral boards this is very similar to when everyone for looking for the Epic release date.
    Everyone there was saying they spoke to someone or that they had inside sources and nobody had a clue to the right release day.

People went from saying, July 31 to August 5, then August 11(To match the Droid 2), then August 20/21, they even guessed September 9, etc and the phone ended up with an actual release date of August 31.

So people on most message boards in fact rarely know what they are talking about and these rumors most likely have no merit to them.
    cause jackson said it.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    cause jackson said it.
    Is that sarcasm? I can't remember but was it ever verified that jackson was actually credible? I thought he was just one of the first to start giving the vague specs coming out this fall and so everyone assumed he must know what he's talking about.
    Although this is a great sounding rumor it is just that, a rumor. Oh and I heard Jackson rides unicorns. JJ.
    We all know from HP and Palm that a new device is coming out this year. They said with 2.0 with be new hardware so at this point in the year it is not hard to start rumors about a device coming out in the few months. There is only 4 months left. As far as the specs we will just have to wait and see.
    Jacksons stuff was never correct. half the stuff that was supposed to come out or happen never did.
    The other night, I had a vision. I would not believe it, save it for the fact that I had a vision, and I know I had a vision.

In that vision, it was the third week of September...webOS 2.0 was coming out in an over-the-air update, and all 500 of HP's inhouse apps were released. There was a good on-screen keyboard with the update, as well as absolutely smooth GPU acceleration for the UI and battery improvements that easily gave 50% more battery life.

In the vision, I saw advertisements for the Palm Pro (Roadrunner and C40 were just in-house names), and yes, it had 960x640, with a 4" screen. Didn't see other things. I saw that the launch date was october...
    There is a very good chance that the c40 will be shipped looking very much like a Palm Pre on Steroids.
    -1 I really liked the sound of the super thin device .5" was so nice sounding.. I hope it doesn't look like a palm pre thats all I have to say.

-Toaster
    I hope HP/Palm uses the name, "RoadRunner" since the CPU is clocked at a speed of 1.2 GHZ.

I Pre-dict an ad or commercial with the slogan, "Welcome to the next generation of super mobile handsets from HP/Palm. Introducing the HP/Palm "RoadRunner" <beep-beep> where the competition lingers after you."
    I have to say that the WebOS World post, much as I would like to believe it, sounds a lot like somebody trying to create a new fiction to cover up why their previous prediction turned out to be totally bogus.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Can we all at least PLEASE make a conscious effort to NOT call the new screen with a 480 x 960 resolution by Apple's marketing dribble "retina display" please?

That's like if Nike came up with a new shoe with a sole so good you feel your running on air and call it the "plantar sole".

*sigh*. I couldn't come up with a better analogy... But anyway, can we please, as educated citizens, not adopt such blindly stupid habits?
    It's because saying a retina display is far easier to say and type than "a high resolution 480x960 display". And it's not the first time something is coined because of a company, Kleenex, xerox, and band-aids are all the name if a specific brand and company but people use those terms to describe all products thar fall under the same category.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    retina display is coined pertaining to that resolution on a 3.5 inch screen though. Apple brags about that ratio more than the resolution numbers. So in that regard palm's phone will not be a 'retina display.'
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    I have to say that the WebOS World post, much as I would like to believe it, sounds a lot like somebody trying to create a new fiction to cover up why their previous prediction turned out to be totally bogus.
    Really, the entire "Future Palm Devices" section has been full of info plucked right out of people's imagination for the past year.

You'd think that seeing three threads with rumored launch dates of September, November, and December at the top of the forum would make people wonder...
    I love the specs and whatnot, but I am having a hard time wanting to pay a mandatory $10 a month for shoddy 4G. If Sprint would only make it optional, I would be content to run something like that on a 3G network.
    Agreed. We have 4G here in St. Louis and the coverage is odd. I'm smack dab in the geographic middle of South City (Double Income No Kids territory - paying customers with $$$ to burn) and according to the coverage map there is a huge town sized hole in availability. Completely puzzling! This 4G thing is clearly still bleeding edge stuff.

In fact if you had a phone on 4G only and drove from one side of the city to the other you would lose signal 11 times. Seems like they launched a bit early to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    I love the specs and whatnot, but I am having a hard time wanting to pay a mandatory $10 a month for shoddy 4G. If Sprint would only make it optional, I would be content to run something like that on a 3G network.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Seems like all of the good rumors about the Pre 2 / c40 / Road Runner have been taken or leaked already, so I figured it's time to start talking about "future" devices... the Pre 3 and WebOS 3.0.

According to my cousin, who used to work at Sprint (a mall kiosk), HP/Palm and Sprint are shooting for a 2011 late summer / early holiday season release with the Pre 3. It will be running WebOS 3.0 from launch, which along with an 8mp front facing camera, will actually support a 3D screen as well (see how all of the "3"s line up!). Sounds like you will still need some glasses to view your favorite movie though . The form factor will still be a portrait slider, but WebOS 3.0 will support much better auto correction, giving users an out of the box best of both worlds. The biggest surprise perhaps, is that HP is planning on shipping all of their new netbooks/laptops/printers with built in "touchstones", so you can sync/charge/print simply by setting your device down on any of their products.

Hopefully he can get me a few screenshots or a blurry photo! WebOS 2.0 and the "RoadRunner" are really starting to wear on me, I just want some new hardware/software!
    lordy [said sarcastically]
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by asharrop View Post
    retina display is coined pertaining to that resolution on a 3.5 inch screen though. Apple brags about that ratio more than the resolution numbers. So in that regard palm's phone will not be a 'retina display.'
    You're right, actually though I think it'll pertain to dpi greater than 300 or whatever apple claimed was the resolution of the human eye, as you'll see "retina display" on ipads and MacBooks. And because people recognize that term you'll probably see other companies or at least reviewers call other high dpi screens "retina".
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast