Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Just thought of a really good one:

The "Evolution" - the line of WebOS phones that keeps "adapting and overcoming" with each new version, and inhernetly proves "survival of the fittest" as its creedo.

I can honestly see this being a hugely masculine marketting campaign, while still attracting the intellectuals/geeks/corporate types, and establish a brand that is similar to what the "Droid" brand has become, but, better and more device specific, and not carrier specific.

The "Evolution 1", "Evolution 2"

Etc..
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    <<link removed by Mod>>

If you guys are following Rahul Sood on twitter, you can clearly see that HP is cooking something really awesome for the new Palm Pre 2. I mean, there is so much hype coming from both HP and Palm that you gotta be stupid to think that WebOS is dead and that there is not going to be a Palm Pre 2. The writing is all over the wall that very soon we are going to see an Palm Pre Envy.
    which link was removed?
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post

The "Evolution" - the line of WebOS phones that keeps "adapting and overcoming" with each new version, and inhernetly proves "survival of the fittest" as its creedo.

I can honestly see this being a hugely masculine marketting campaign, while still attracting the intellectuals/geeks/corporate types, and establish a brand that is similar to what the "Droid" brand has become, but, better and more device specific, and not carrier specific.

Etc..
    When the Pre first came out I thought the letters meant:

P = Palm
    R = Revolutionary (webOS)
    E = Evolution

When you think about it, we have had a Pre, a Pixi and now its time for the Pre Evolution.
    I love the specs but prefer the name Roadrunner HD.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreDave View Post
    When the Pre first came out I thought the letters meant:

P = Palm
    R = Revolutionary (webOS)
    E = Evolution

When you think about it, we have had a Pre, a Pixi and now its time for the Pre Evolution.
    Meh... Evo is already used by HTC

IMHO, they should come up with a name that's not similar to others currently out on the market (and I'm sure they will).
    The anticipation is killing me!!!!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Well if Palm comes out with those specs then it will sweep me off the floor. I hope those are the specs.

I have made at least 3 of my friends wait for the next WebOS device and with no leaks and blurry cam pics its hard to retain them any longer. Palm just throw a bone at us and I promise at least 4 guys in the line on the day of release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    it's a great name. Remember the VooDoo Envy? It's HP's top of the line gaming laptop now. Woohoo.
    That's a notebook. There's no trademark dilution risk there. No one will confuse a gaming notebook with a cell phone.
    signed by the mythical Jackson, sounds right ... optimistic now - for real

What Happened to the Palm c40?
    I hope this new phone doesn't have a 4 inch screen. I hate the size of the evo. 3.8 or 3.7 inches is perfect, but no more. I'd like the Pre 2 to be iphone size.
    Also, if they do make the Pre2 the same form facter (vertical slider) as the Pre, they had better improve the build quality or they hpalm is gonna be in serious trouble.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    why did the moderator remove the link???
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Supersonical says on that link ( What Happened to the Palm c40? )

our source is highly reliable. he works at Sprint in the upcoming products dept. He was the same person who released all of the Supersonic info to myself back in March which turned out to be spot on. That included size, cameras, processor, and release date. Other facts currently known such as the OMAP 4 processors which are being shipped line up with this story as well. It is legit!
    Can anyone verify that his rumors were spot on?
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post

Etc..
    I'd like your idea if HTC didn't beat you to it. The EVO is just short for Evolution.
    how about these suggestions
    Pre Promise - promise us you get it right this time.

Pre Pronto - we want one pronto.

Pre Prodigal - brings back all the Evo prodigals.

Pre Propel - propel Palm back to prominence.
    Pre Primo - this is the most primo harware on the planet.
    Pre Neoreo!

Palm Treo 4g
    Yup.

Palm Envy 4g is good too.

Love that jackson character.

Interesting idea from sprint too with one phone each month!!

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    which link was removed?
    Not sure... maybe this one?
    http://www.webosworld.com/2010/08/25/what-happened-to-the-palm-c40

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    after playing with my girls droid x a 4.3in screen is a must!!!
    Ahhh, this all now makes perfect sense.

Some might remember that I predicted that the new Palm device was going to have an OMAP3630 in it running around 1GHz and with 720p video. That was because I had solid (internal) evidence that TI had successfully won a socket with Palm for the 3630, but I was skeptical because that CPU was so March/April ... if you catch my drift. This article basically confirms that there was a Pre 2 lined up for Sprint that was supposed to have the 3630 and a 4G radio, but then HP upped the ante big time after the acquisition.

I can't hardly wait now. This phone is going to be *sick*. Dual core 1.2GHz, retina display, DLNA support, HD video, 4G and possibly insane stuff like touchless gestures? I'll buy it even if the price tag is $300 with contract.
    2 questions:
    1. Why should I believe supersonical?
    2. Why is he banned on androidforums.com
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast