Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast
    You know what, Palm is really getting ready for marketing and launching new devices. Check out all the marketing jobs and their descriptions for Sept. 15.

Career Opportunities - Palm USA
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    palm is dead in the water right now market share wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by trippcook View Post
    Why does anyone care what they're going to name it? That's seriously the least interesting thing about a new WebOS device.
    Hi all,

I have to agree, I just want to be able to call it MINE! take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    Not dead in the water, just limbering up for the next event.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Not dead in the water, just limbering up for the next event.
    HI, thanks I couldn't have put it better myself! take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I said it in another thread, Palm/HP is not dead. If you follow Sood he tweeted last week that HP can gain mind share very fast because if the massive resources. They are going to make a big splash but it takes time.
    I am very impressed Palm held its ground - better than RIM Apple and MS!

All we need is a cool logo ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    You know what, Palm is really getting ready for marketing and launching new devices. Check out all the marketing jobs and their descriptions for Sept. 15.

Career Opportunities - Palm USA
    You do realize that it takes MONTHS to gear up for large marketing campaigns. These things don't happen in just a few weeks.
    yeah I have to give it to Palm through all the adversity they still hold a what 4.9 percent share they said about 2.6 million users. To me thats not bad at all considering selling to another company and no new hardware for over a year. Of course the biggest computer company in the world can get you mindshare, but lets hope they start this fall not next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    yeah I have to give it to Palm through all the adversity they still hold a what 4.9 percent share they said about 2.6 million users. To me thats not bad at all considering selling to another company and no new hardware for over a year. Of course the biggest computer company in the world can get you mindshare, but lets hope they start this fall not next year.
    Where did you get 4.9% from?
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    over at phonedog.net: http://www.phonedog.net/

they posted comscores grid over on their site showing no change from April-july for webos, and growth from google only. Everyone else including apple, windows, and Rim slip.
    According to the article the P|C showed a few days ago, they're pretty much where they were the previous quarter, market share wise.

So, if by "dead in the water", you mean they haven't moved forward or back, you're spot-on. However, if it was just another one of those perjoratives that are thrown around about Palm, implying that they're falling behind, check again.

http://www.precentral.net/comscore-p...us-marketshare
    You do realize that it takes MONTHS to gear up for large marketing campaigns. These things don't happen in just a few weeks.
    How so? It usually takes months, becuase that's the way most companies do such things. However, if a company decides to spend the money to fast track a project, they can. HP has the money. Do they have the desire to do so? Who knows...? We'll find out though.
    See the link a couple posts above this one. I know, I know, not the news "some" folks like to see. It blows away all their preconceived (pun intended) notions...
    yeah to me it shows that Palm (besides Google increase of course) was the only company not to drop, so to me def not dead in the water, but HP needs to bring something out this holiday season or we might see that 4.9 really drop. People have been waiting this long for a new device, Webos 2.0 only will not save Webos existance new hardware will. Come nov dec when people go shopping they are goin to want something new, regardless whats under the hood.
    I wonder what they could do to change that?

If only there was something they could do to help gain market share?
    Something to get people to start buying their products...

Anyone have any ideas???
    Well, percentage-wise yes, the market share hasn't moved, but the market is always widening, with more and more people buying smart phones and ditching their dumb phones. Which you could then say that while market share stayed steady, number of users in fact increased thanks to a widening market.
    Yeah in order for Palm to stay flat they had to grow their userbase since the market is growing. So to see them stay flat is rather surprising and shows that people are buying webOS phones.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Yeah in order for Palm to stay flat they had to grow their userbase since the market is growing. So to see them stay flat is rather surprising and shows that people are buying webOS phones.
    right they said its estimated at 2.6 million users. I think the estimate was 2.1 but im not total sure. Does anyone know what the estimate was before the recent update?
    In addition to what everyone else has already said in response: you do understand that even maintaining market share is a good thing in a growing market.

Right?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic