Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Nah, It's gonna be named PALM ROSY......
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Sorry. It was a joke. In the U.S., years ago, there was an ad campaign for spaghetti sauce called Prego and they would list herbs, tomatoes, etc as ingredients and the tag line was "Prego (pray-go)...it's in there!"
    I couldnt help but think Prego=Pregnant ..... tag line still applies.
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    clearly understand the Italian are not welcome
    But at 3.8625" and 640x980, the device wouldn't match the iPhone's retinacity of 326dpi - that may not be a real retina display by the definition used before Apple's iPhone4 event, but it's just retinous enough to carry the name. But the Palm would fail. Because pixel density is the new screen size.
    Oh god I hate Apple sometimes, they actually have people convinced that a 'Retina Display' is some new kind of technology.. Just like with any display the distance your eyes are from the source is the biggest factor in how your eyes perceive an image. It has hardly has a dependency on screen size and resolution. Move your Android phone with 800x480 resolution and a 4" 13 inches from your face .. Retina Display!! (iphone with its display would have to be held ~11" from your face if you wanted to know), Move 15 feet away from your 1080p TV, Retina Display!!! (didnt actually do the math on this one ) ... etc etc.. you get the picture..

Will you get more screen space, surely.. Is it the only display that your eyes can no longer perceive the difference.. no.. Take any phone (even your Pre) and hold it out as far as you can from your face.. OOO ahhhh.. Retina Display!!!

Oh the magic of Apple marketing..
    Last edited by omnicronx; 09/08/2010 at 12:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by flashminz View Post
    but I want to know if you already know the name of the smartphone ... you know?
    The title of this thread is "Palm Pre Envy rumored to ship at the end of 2010" so I'm guessing that one possible name might be the Palm Pre Envy.
    No names for the next phone have been announced.

It's not going to be the Palm Pre Envy, though. LG has the enV, and HP isn't going to use a name that is pronounced identically.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post

It's not going to be the Palm Pre Envy, though. LG has the enV, and HP isn't going to use a name that is pronounced identically.
    thank you very much
    HP already has a product called the Envy. Has nothing to do with LG's craptacular handset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Blank View Post

Even though they already have a laptop line called the Envy?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flashminz View Post
    clearly understand the Italian are not welcome
    Don't feel that way. It has nothing to do with your ethnicity, just a little further research in this thread would have revealed your answer. No hard feelings.

Dear Lord,
    Amen.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxion View Post
    Don't feel that way. It has nothing to do with your ethnicity, just a little further research in this thread would have revealed your answer. No hard feelings.
    I read everything I say! evo pro palm palm palm envy etc. but I wanted to know if HP had announced the official name!
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Well since we dont have an official announcement we dont have an official name. Everything said before this happens is pure speculation. I promise... when something is official... you will see it posted all over this domain.

Dear Lord,
    Amen.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    ok thank you very much hope that something will be formalized soon as
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    What happened to the link in the OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by millworkman View Post
    HP already has a product called the Envy. Has nothing to do with LG's craptacular handset.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Even though they already have a laptop line called the Envy?
    Yes, even though. Come on, guys. This is simple trademark law. Pilot Pen Corp. sued Palm early on over the use of a stylus and the word "pilot" in the Palm Pilot name. That's a much more tenuous link than two cell phones called "enV" and "Envy" and pronounced identically.

It's also a marketing point. LG's phone is a much simpler device, and widely scorned among smartphone users. Why would HP even think of risking name conflation of it's new and expensive phone with a low-end model of cell phone that has been the target of much derision?
    Yes, but what I was saying is they will not use the name because they already have a laptop line using the name.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Hey guys, I've searched this whole thread but I couldn't find why the link was removed. What was it?

Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    <<link removed by Mod>>

If you guys are following Rahul Sood on twitter, you can clearly see that HP is cooking something really awesome for the new Palm Pre 2. I mean, there is so much hype coming from both HP and Palm that you gotta be stupid to think that WebOS is dead and that there is not going to be a Palm Pre 2. The writing is all over the wall that very soon we are going to see an Palm Pre Envy.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socoot1 View Post
    Hey guys, I've searched this whole thread but I couldn't find why the link was removed. What was it?
    i think it was webosworld.com find the story about palm c40 info
    the reason why the new Palm handset can't be called the envy is because of a simple trademark issue.
    hp has a LAPTOP brand called "envy"
    lg has a PHONE brand called "env"
    the two are similar, but neither really violate any copyright laws because they're two different products. one's a phone, one's a computer.
    got it?
    but if hp made a PHONE named "envy", the connotation and homophonality of the envy to the env will allow lg to engage in a lawsuit with hp because they're in the same market with the same name. hopefully, though, since hp is larger, they'll win. lg is large, but just not large enough.
    the same thing happened with linksys' iphone. it sued apple once they made their "iphone". apple knew what it was doing. and it won the lawsuit.
    things happen : /
    hopefully hp knows what it's doing, too
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I think Apple actually just paid Cisco enough money to let them use the iphone. I don't think Apple could have ever won that lawsuit.