Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    It's as if nobody ever heard of pinch and zoom. Obviously, the larger the screen the larger the font that can be displayed. The crisper the font, however, the less work the eyes and brain have to do to read the words. I think a 38" 960x640 screen would be the sweet spot. Excellent dpi, combined with a reasonable font, would produce an excellent reading situation. It would also likely keep the device at a reasonable size.

Hopefully, this is what we'll get, because it would likely be a phone that would appeal to the most people. No one phone will appeal to everyone, and a slate type device should be one of 3 new smartphones, IMHO. It would likely garner Palm the biggest audience to hit the market with a slightly larger screen Pixi (with an OMAP), a new bigger Pre like device, and a no keyboard slate. Cross launch on multiple carriers and we might have a winner.
    True, but hard to pocket. ;-)
    well of course anything at this point going forward to me, thats larger then 3.5 inches will be a tad hard to pocket. Though I think a device size similar to the epic (having seen it and used it, its not that bad at all size wise) wouldnt be that terriable size wise, even if its a vertical slider IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitworth View Post
    True, but hard to pocket. ;-)
    Doh! 38"...Just fixed it. Obviously I meant 3.8".
    3.9" would be nice
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    3.9" would be nice
    3.8625 is really the sweeet spot... its science.
    But at 3.8625" and 640x980, the device wouldn't match the iPhone's retinacity of 326dpi - that may not be a real retina display by the definition used before Apple's iPhone4 event, but it's just retinous enough to carry the name. But the Palm would fail. Because pixel density is the new screen size.

If Palm made a smaller display, they would fail because it's a smaller display. And small fails. Despite it being more retiniffic (nobody cared when the Pre had a bigger pixel density than the 3GS. It wasn't that big of a deal).

If Palm made the same size, 3.5" has been an Apple patent and trademark forever (Steve's pre-op penus length?) and copycatting sucks. Fail.
    i think that palm should use a 1.243 inch screen with the resolution of 640x980, the DPI would literally make you **** yourself
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Hi all,

I cannot wait until these are unvailed...I am also longing for the day when we have roll up or folding screens. Both HP & Palm each have multiple patents on that subject. Now that there is OLCD maybe it is no longer a pipe dream!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    i think that palm should use a 1.243 inch screen with the resolution of 640x980, the DPI would literally make you **** yourself
    Hmm, that would be usefull for glasses. Have the screen 1 cm away from your eyes..
    Quote Originally Posted by drexaljim View Post
    within a week week and a half
    fail!

depending on the specs & design of this "phantom" phone i may come back to webos from android. as of now i think palm is too far behind in the game.
    Last edited by fixxxer1022; 09/05/2010 at 09:09 AM.
    Very impressive future device, Now it will be a device that will compete against IPhone 4
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    <<link removed by Mod>>

If you guys are following Rahul Sood on twitter, you can clearly see that HP is cooking something really awesome for the new Palm Pre 2. I mean, there is so much hype coming from both HP and Palm that you gotta be stupid to think that WebOS is dead and that there is not going to be a Palm Pre 2. The writing is all over the wall that very soon we are going to see an Palm Pre Envy.
    thata phone is already out....its called the EVO4g
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Hello, I'm an Italian who like you expect a new smartphone with web os you know anything?

I read all posts and all topics! more ... I'm sick for Web OS

I read many names but you know what the real name of the new smartphone?

so do not yet know how to call?
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/08/2010 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Strangeness going on here? Could be ESL issues or something else. Combined posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by flashminz View Post
    Hello, I'm an Italian who like you expect a new smartphone with web os you know anything?

Ok, did you actually try reading any of the posts in this section of the forum?
    A palm pre 2 would be great. I'll be waiting. I don't want to cross over to the evo or the epic. would love to stick with palm. nothings better!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    then you do not know the exact name of your smartphone?
    then you do not know the exact name of your smartphone?

For you Italians, it will be called the Palm Prego.

The adds will list things like: 3.8" screen, Virtual AND physical keyboard, retinal display, multitasking, etc

The tag line will be "Prego - it's in there!"
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    seriously you know it or not just call?
    seriously you know it or not just call?

Sorry. It was a joke. In the U.S., years ago, there was an ad campaign for spaghetti sauce called Prego and they would list herbs, tomatoes, etc as ingredients and the tag line was "Prego (pray-go)...it's in there!"
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    but I want to know if you already know the name of the smartphone ... you know?