Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21  
    With all the purported bells and whistles added to WebOS 2.0, I predict unexplainable sluggishness as it's most talked-about feature. Unless Palm has been working furiously to improve WebOS' efficiency as an OS (and 1.45 doesn't offer any measurable indication), we'll all be overclocking 2.0 devices at the first opportunity ... again.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    With all the purported bells and whistles added to WebOS 2.0, I predict unexplainable sluggishness as it's most talked-about feature. Unless Palm has been working furiously to improve WebOS' efficiency as an OS (and 1.45 doesn't offer any measurable indication), we'll all be overclocking 2.0 devices at the first opportunity ... again.
    Supposedly CSS transforms will be utilized to help cut down on this, but we have no idea as to what extent that will help. I don't see it stopping the random pauses and lags that still plague even Uberkernel-enabled Pre devices, but you never know.

    I think we can realistically expect that it will be usable with tablets and other form factors with some extra functionality like virtual keyboards. That's HP's priority, and I don't see them releasing a major WebOS release without it and the accompanying hardware in tow. All this other stuff Palm has announced in the past will probably go along with it, but that is the priority.
  3. #23  
    webOS 2.0 will have fewer features, be slower, and run on worse hardware (300mhz ARMv5) because Palm is in a downward spiral and completely out of touch with what people want. It will no longer support touchscreens, micro-USB or even the previous SDKs; HP has recognized that webOS is a joke and are cutting their losses by releasing symbian-powered phones with a card-view skin.

    In my fan boi dream world where people at Palm work every day and don't just hang around kicking back whiskey, the new version will support hardware-accelerate UI animations (which relaxes the CPU and speeds things up) because that has been said by Palm; will support db8 (which speeds access times up); will include the new V8 java interpreter (which speeds java stuff up) and, judging from the App catalog screenshots we've seen, webOS' looks will be glossier.

    Of course, "realistically", everything that Palm says is a lie or disinformation, and everything leaked about Palm is fake (because they don't really have anything in the pipeline before 2012) -- so, yeah, the first paragraph again.
    Sell your Pre now because 2.0 is going to turn it into a lemon... not just something useless, but an actual citrus fruit. A very dry and bitter one.
  4. #24  
    I think it would be really cool if you 2.0 came with the ability to layer cards, minimize all cards, view all cards/most used cards at once (think google chrome most visited sites), maybe some widgets (i know a lot of people dont like these, but they might be able to make them usable)
    Moto Razr>>BlackBerry 8703e>>Moto Q>>Blackberry Curve 8330>>Blackberry Storm>>Palm Pre +
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    In my fan boi dream world where people at Palm work every day and don't just hang around kicking back whiskey...
    Come on, get real...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post

    In my fan boi dream world where people at Palm work every day and don't just hang around kicking back whiskey,

    someone has been wathcing too much MadMen
    Moto Razr>>BlackBerry 8703e>>Moto Q>>Blackberry Curve 8330>>Blackberry Storm>>Palm Pre +
  7. #27  
    Hey guys,

    So now that we finally have some information on what webOS will provide developers. What features/applications do you see webOS 2.0 producing?
  8. #28  
    <<Threads Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  9. #29  
    in one of the pictures you can see a spelling check marker! :-)
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    in one of the pictures you can see a spelling check marker! :-)
    WHAT?!?!!? That would be epic for me! Checking that out now.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  11. doc31's Avatar
    Posts
    707 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    in one of the pictures you can see a spelling check marker! :-)
    you're right nice catch!
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  12. #32  
    I'd like to see the qik app made available for 2.0...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions