1.    #1  
    Just saw this article from PC World saying HP Tablets will be the iPad competitor. I know the Tablet won't be out for awhile, but does anyone want to have an appreciation day for WebOS and hype this article like crazy????

PC World: Five Reasons to Pick an HP Tablet Over an iPad

Five Reasons to Pick an HP Tablet Over an iPad - PCWorld Business Center
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  2.    #2  
    HP is a trusted name in Computers. A tablet is more likely to be built by HP than Palm which is only giving the OS.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    It's a bit premature to get all excited about HP vs. anyone... but once they prove they have the money and marketing behind a released device(s), the detractors will see why the market and reviewers were excited to see HP take over Palm.

Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    .. who really thinks that WebOS is really going to suddenly become popular just because Hp owns it?
    It isn't going to be popular because HP owns it... marketing and hardware will make that call. If this is done correctly, anything can be accomplished.
    HI all,

What a GREAT READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Each and every one us who are Palm fans will LOVE this one!

Take care,

Jay

Five Reasons to Pick an HP Tablet Over an iPad
    By Barbara E. Hernandez, PC World

Five Reasons to Pick an HP Tablet Over an iPad - PCWorld Business Center

Those lamenting the choices in the battle against Apple's iPad are now being given two options from Hewlett Packard: WebOS or Windows. The announcement late last week by HP execs said that they will create tablets for both operating systems, rumored to be called the Windows Slate and the PalmPad. But just how good a buy will these tablets be for your business? Here are five reasons to consider one.

1. Web OS

Although the Windows Slate has been nothing short of a disappointment, and is seemingly forever in development, the nimble WebOS--which HP acquired when it purchased Palm--is deemed capable and praised by critics. It may be HP's saving grace for its PalmPad, which can now compete head-to-head with Apple's iOS and Android systems.

2. Windows (Yes, Windows)

While many have crucified the HP Slate prototypes, let's face it, few offices use something other than Windows. For better or worse, Windows is most companies' OS of choice, and it's easier to have all machines, even tablets, running the same platform. Although the HP Slate looks clunkier than the iPad, it's also a full-bodied PC with USB ports, front and rear cameras, Adobe Flash capability, and memory card slots galore. It's definitely not just a gadget; it's meant for work. Isn't that what your employees are being paid for?

3. The HP Reputation

Apple's favorable reputation, at least lately, is based on its mobile devices, not desktops, but HP makes all kinds of reliable office hardware, from computers to printers to scanners. Many business owners may find that kind of reputation and customer service comforting when looking to purchase a tablet computer. Plus, an HP tablet will be able to use the WebOS, which could run on peripherals as well mobile devices--something new and nimble for its hardware. How cool would it be to be able to use a printer from your mobile phone?

4. The HP Business Relationship

Buying from HP could be beneficial to business owners because the computer hardware company would likely give purchasing deals and discounts, and streamline purchase orders. Using the same company would mean IT managers would only need to contact one vendor and use only one help desk (especially if your company already contracts out IT services to HP-owned EDS.) HP has spent the last two decades wooing corporate clients and business owners with reliable and hardworking machines, and it knows how to treat its business clients well.

5. Increased Competition

While the HP offerings are new, they're worth reviewing and considering as one of the only alternatives to the iPad niche. Although most are happy with iPad functionality, the new WebOS platform will likely create a product that will meet most business needs. The only problem is that it needs to be successful to make way for any real competition with Apple. While no business should take on an inferior product to create an open market, business owners need to partake and explore other options to ensure a better marketplace.

While HP still lacks the thousands of applications available from Apple, it's likely the company will start creating an application market by its PalmPad launch in January, possibly with more of an emphasis on business clients. Although Apple's iPad has an amazing amount of buzz and cachet with consumers, HP's tablets may prove more functional for business users.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    What about an Android pad?
    What ABOUT an android pad? (I think there was a good reason it was omitted from the mix)
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    im not going to say android is bad but WebOS is hands down the best, then probably Ios(apple). i really dont see any difference between android and Ios. I used them both , only for a limited amount of time just to get the feel of them, and they are so alike. Im still wondering what WinMobile 7 is going to bring to the table. So far they have been really slacking. And im not even going to bring up BlackBerryOS.
    I'm looking forward to a PalmPad as much as anyone, and I hope it'll be great... But this article really doesn't say anything besides:
    1. Buy it because you already have HP stuff and that'll be easy
    2. Buy it because it's not Apple
    3. Buy it because it'll be good enough to do what you need

Sorry, but that's not great news. I'd rather see something tangible before promoting it. Anything else is just blind brand loyalty or blind brand dislike, take your pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    I'm looking forward to a PalmPad as much as anyone, and I hope it'll be great... But this article really doesn't say anything besides:
    1. Buy it because you already have HP stuff and that'll be easy
    2. Buy it because it's not Apple
    3. Buy it because it'll be good enough to do what you need

Sorry, but that's not great news. I'd rather see something tangible before promoting it. Anything else is just blind brand loyalty or blind brand dislike, take your pick.
    The article also said "Although the HP Slate looks clunkier than the iPad, it's also a full-bodied PC with USB ports, front and rear cameras, Adobe Flash capability, and memory card slots galore. It's definitely not just a gadget; it's meant for work." This sounds more like a productive piece of equipment instead of a toy.
    4. Buy it because it is a full-bodied PC
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    The article also said "Although the HP Slate looks clunkier than the iPad, it's also a full-bodied PC with USB ports, front and rear cameras, Adobe Flash capability, and memory card slots galore. It's definitely not just a gadget; it's meant for work." This sounds more like a productive piece of equipment instead of a toy.
    4. Buy it because it is a full-bodied PC
    If you're doing all that with wires and cards in front of you, you're at a table. If you need a full bodied PC, then maybe you should get.... Oh, I don't know... A full bodied PC?

The pad/slate is supposed to be mobile. It's honestly not that much smaller than a good laptop... So if you need the computer, use your laptop.

This is something Apple got right. The slate is not and will never be a heavy work device. Try typing on one... it's not fun. After a half hour of that you'll be begging for your full physical keyboard. It's an in-between niche device, more about personal use than business use.

My two cents, anyway.
    I find it hard to choose between two different devices when one of them doesn't exist yet.
    Still lot more to do
    With the help of Online Quran Classes, we can promote the teachings of Islam in all over the world.
    How about one reason this article was written? I know, HP is a major advertiser. Bingo!

Were these the same people who came up with 8 reasons Apple should fear HP? Yeah, Apple is quaking in their RIM skin boots. Hmmm, 5 reasons to buy a unicorn instead of a horse. Only 5?

WebOS? Apple should be worried about WebOS? Why? Because WebOS has competed so well against iOS and Android in the phone space?

Windows? Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha... Because HP has made a killing off those Windows tablets they have been selling for the last decade. Oh, my aching side!

The HP business relationships? That must be what explains the overwhelming success of the HP smartphone... What? Oh, wait a minute.

Personally, the last one is my personal favorite. Apple is a bunch of poopy heads. They shouldn't be allowed to win. So there.

There are two popular straw-men that invoke "competition" as their basis. The first is that Apple needs competition to be forced to innovate. Absurd! Apple has innovated. It is that very innovation that has changed the market and taken the number one spot in that market. If they had not innovated, they would not be in the position for their non-innovating competitors to complain that Apple needs competition. Besides, people say that as if they wanted Apple to succeed. Mostly, people say Apple needs competition because they do not want Apple to succeed, not to make them better and even more dominant.

The second "competition" straw-man is that Apple needs competition because consumers need choice. Again, people who make this argument are not concerned about the consumer; they are concerned with their own dying business. The real problem with this argument is that Apple does not NEED competition; Apple IS competition. Other tablets have been around for ages, gaining no traction in the general marketplace. For years, the only thing people could "choose", was a tablet made by HP and a few others, running Windows. Apple came along and provided choice and competition. People chose it overwhelmingly. Again, Apple does not need choice and competition; Apple is choice and competition. The same is even more true for smartphones.

ILD, you often post articles for comment. I get that. But you also make editorial remarks on those articles. You have praised this article. You should probably be more discriminating about what you post and praise. This is a lousy article by every measure. It was universally panned by the PC World commenters. No matter how bad things get for Palm, the supporters of the platform ought not seek comfort in articles like this.
    <<Threads Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic