Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Well ladies and gens, I think it's time to organize the info in regards to the HP/Palm C40 (old) --> Roadrunner "HD" (new) since ALL of the threads are just "wishlists", and also because some people are lazy to search for the info themselves and thus clutter the thread/s with "what was it again??!".

The first post will be updated as soon as more "info" is found .

"Rumored" specs and info of the C40/Roadrunner "HD":

• 3.8" IPS (Same type of screen as the iPhone 4) [960 x 640 resolution?] capacitive
    • 512MB RAM
    • OMAP4430 SoC @ 1GHz
      Dual-core Cortex A9
      POWERVR SGX 540 Graphics
      OMAP 4 info
    • 8MP camera with Dual LEDs
    • 16GB - 32GB Internal Memory
    • Improved Vertical keyboard - Larger Buttons, better design
    • No MicroSD Slot.
    • Gesture Area
    • 1550 MaH Battery
    • 4G will be optional, but it will have the modem present.
    • WebOS 2.0
    • Multi-carrier launch;
      Sprint end of September / early October launch?
      Verizon launch before the end of the year?
      AT&T early next year?

Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs
    3.8" IPS Capacitive Touch Screen
    Cortex A9 1.0-1.2Ghz
    512MB RAM
    OMAP4430 - POWERVR SGX540 Graphics
    16GB - 32GB Internal Memory
    Improved Vertical keyboard - Larger Buttons, better design
    No MicroSD Slot.
    Gesture Area
    1550 MaH Battery
    WebOS 1.5 will introduce a horizontal virtual keyboard.
    4G will be optional, but it will have the modem present.
    This phone will be announced shortly before the closing deal with HP. Early July.
    The announcement date was delayed. Also, the OMAP 4430 "can't" go up higher than 1GHz, or else the OMAP 4440 would be used.

I was also told it would have an 8MP Camera with a 2 LED Flash. No word on the front facing camera though. I'm going to assume that it does NOT have one, since WebOS will not have API's available until Late August / Early September for the Mic.
    Who knows about this one since Palm has been playing around with it, and by the announcement "date" it should be finished?

Apparently there will be 2 WebOS PHONES running 2.0. They will respectively replace the Palm Pre and Pixi (Pluses too). My source (As you guys know from the C40 Thread) told me after a ton of bugging him (I think he hates me now :|) that apparently at the end of September/Early October Palm will release the successor to the Pre and then in November release the successor to the Pixi. Also they are going to try something Samsung is doing.. a multi-carrier launch.
    So Septemeber/October release....
    Last edited by lxAMNxl; 08/23/2010 at 12:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lxAMNxl View Post
    Well ladies and gens, I think it's time to organize the info in regards to the HP/Palm C40 (old) --> Roadrunner "HD" (new) since ALL of the threads are just "wishlists", and also because some people are lazy to search for the info themselves and thus clutter the thread/s with "what was it again??!".

The first post will be updated as soon as more "info" is found .

"Rumored" specs and info of the C40/Roadrunner "HD":

• 3.8" IPS (Same type of screen as the iPhone 4) [960 x 640 resolution?] capacitive
    • 512MB RAM
    • OMAP4430 SoC @ 1GHz - 1.2GHz; POWERVR SGX 540 Graphics
    • 8MP camera with Dual LEDs
    • 16GB - 32GB Internal Memory
    • Improved Vertical keyboard - Larger Buttons, better design
    • No MicroSD Slot.
    • Gesture Area
    • 1550 MaH Battery
    • 4G will be optional, but it will have the modem present.
    • WebOS 2.0
    • Multi-carrier launch;
      Sprint end of September / early October launch?
      Verizon launch before the end of the year?
      AT&T early next year?
    There's so many different rumors out there so its hard to keep up. But from what I recall reading the C40/Roadrunner whatever is rumored to have a microSD and possible no keyboard? Anyway, thanks for trying to unify all the crazy rumors...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    There's so many different rumors out there so its hard to keep up. But from what I recall reading the C40/Roadrunner whatever is rumored to have a microSD and possible no keyboard? Anyway, thanks for trying to unify all the crazy rumors...
    The guy who "saw" the device from a Sprint rep didn't ask if it had a keyboard, so 50/50 on that one. The rest of the people got their "info" from Sprint reps, while the one I'm putting up got his from somewhere deeper... :]
    The tech at my local Verizon store is a pre plus user and fan and she said that she hasn’t heard a thing from Verizon officially. She did say that there is a internal rumor of a new Palm device in the September – October time frame but no specifics. I for one would love to see the TI OMAP4430 or OMAP4440 processor in the next Palm phone.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    With sept right around the bend. I wouldn't believe any rumor that says a Sept release. At this point id be suprised to see OCT release. Im still expecting nothing this year, and will see a release come after CES next year.

As far as we know, this Roadrunner might not even be a phone, theres been nothing to link it to a "phone" device. Not to say its a tablet either. But im just sayin lol.

People have been soo at whits end with the lack of information all these rumors are being takin too seriously. Rumors start then people see news articles about that and they think there legit. Most of these "specs" just change with the wind.

That being said; I believe that the Roadrunner/Roadrunner HD and larger screen size is legit. You want a rumor? How about Roadrunner and Roadrunner HD are two completely different phones; Palm did release a Pixi and a Pre. Whats to stop them from updating the Pixi and Pre, IE; Roadrunner and Roadrunner HD. Makes more sense to me. I find it hard to believe that a tag would show up Roadrunner one week then Roadrunner HD the next. And my 2 cents on the Roadrunner name, "Palm Roadrunner" just sounds kiddish.

Daddy daddy!!! I want a roadrunner pleeeassseee!!! Pleaseee!! Can I get a roadrunnerrr!!! No son you arn't old enough yet...
    http://melaman2.com/cartoons/looney/...roadrunner.mp3

notalexrz - what about the rumor that it will sync with my toaster??? Jk

djmcgee - I was told that new hardware would bake me cookies

Kupe -
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    I was told that new hardware would bake me cookies
    I would gladly pay for software that remotely baked dessert foods for me.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/23/2010 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Now that that is out of our system...back on topic
    Here's a rumor coming from webosworld.com:

What Happened to the Palm c40?

Initially the Palm c40 (under Palm) was put in two concepts designs. One was a slide out portrait, very reminiscent of the Pre. The other was a horizontal slider very much like the Epic 4G. The stats back in March/April were quite impressive:

•1ghz CPU
    •3.7″ glass screen
    •Revamped physical keyboard
    •Amazing thinness ~0.5″
    •Newer versions of webOS
    •5MP camera with 720p recording capabilities
    •800 x 480 resolution
    The phone was initially slated for a July 2010 release. You see, Sprint had quite an amazing little plan. Their goal was to release one 4G smartphone per month all summer long; The Evo would be released in June, the c40 in July, and the Epic in August. All three devices would be geared towards different audiences, but they would all offer the same ultra fast speeds. This release date changed however when HP stepped on the scene in April.

The first thing HP introduced to this testing lineup was a new “prototype phone” with specs they wanted to see in the two previous models. It had:

•4″ LCD capacitive glass screen
    •8MP camera with 720p recording
    •Front facing camera
    •960 x 640 resolution
    •DLNA support
    •1.2ghz CPU