1.    #1  
    What do we think we will see in the next version of the Treo ?

SD card slot ? louder ringer ? OS 5 ? TriBand /WorldPhone ??

When do you think we will see it ?

Q4 ? Q1 2003 ??

Just thought this would be a good discussion since we haven't heard anything from Handspring on the next generation Treo, and I am considering replacing my 180.

Chris
    I think next Treo will have SD/MMC or Memory stick -- the only formats with any real peripherals behind them. Maybe built-in blue tooth, triband and a better color screen...that is one that really has a high visibility outdoors. I wouldn't rule out MP3 in a higher end model.
  3.    #3  
    any ideas on when we should see this next Treo ?
    I think we will see something by christmas/february..the treo 180's 1 year anniversary.

Originally posted by cwisnoski
    any ideas on when we should see this next Treo ?
    Shouldn't info be posted on the FCC site if the next treo were anywhere near release? They need to get all the communications stuff taken care of with the FCC. So it is extremely unlikely, in my opinion, that there is a product in the works for a Christmas release.

--Kurt
    Originally posted by yardie
    I think we will see something by christmas/february..the treo 180's 1 year anniversary.
    I think that's a little optimistic. They still haven't gotten GPRS worked out yet (with all the carriers), and they *just* launched the Treo 300. ...not to mention that they also seem to have *just* worked out a stable supply chain of parts that work (the screen).

...my guess is march at the earliest, more like may.
    A release date of May sounds good to me. By then, i will be 10 months through with my current plan, leaving me free to go in July. That means i can get the new Treo at a better price than when it came out. Hopefully if anything, a 260 by then is 300 bucks.