Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    sprint has verified today that a new palm will be out by november. Hope it's true! t2 separate sprint employees have told me this.
    specs? Details? Verification? That's when I'm up for my upgrade.
  3.    #3  
    he said they haven't gave specs yet but it's due for that time period
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    [citation needed]

Due to drop in 3 months with no specs? Ill believe it when I see it.
  5.    #5  
    he also told me he had just gotten the word during a tech conference call so they must just now be getting the word out. I'm definitely hoping it's true. He said that I've been pretty patient with my pre (been through 3 in the last month) and wanted to let me know the good news lol
  6.    #6  
    maybe some other users can contact someone they mite know at a sprint to get more verification?
    Next month someone will say in December like the last rumor was October...I'm pretty sure we would have seen or heard something official by now from sites like Engadget if it was really coming out. Well I hope Palm gives you guys something ground breaking because they will need it with the onslaught of new Android devices and the up coming Wp7 with Xbox gaming and Zune integration. I personally don't think anything will materialize until CES but I have been wrong before.
    Last edited by kinster02; 08/20/2010 at 10:23 PM.
    just common sense,,whole bunch of rumors explode onto the scene in the past week,,to me that means it must be true.
    Or... People are just making rumors because everyone else is...
    4 Sprint people just told me that little bunnies are cute!

Verified...check.

anjm, you must not hang out here much.
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Next month someone will say in December like the last rumor was October...I'm pretty sure we would have seen or heard something official by now from sites like Engadget if it was really coming out. Well I hope Palm gives you guys something ground breaking because they will need it with the onslaught of new Android devices and the up coming Wp7 with Xbox gaming and Zune integration.
    if i remember correctly, palm kept the pre and webos locked up pretty tight until a day or two before CES. Plus, to quote Rubinstein, "you guys [engadget] are too busy digging though apples trash cans"
    I believe nothing heard from a Sprint employee.
    This signature for rent
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollbandit View Post
    I believe nothing heard from a Sprint employee.
    This. Even if Jesus was a Sprint employee I'd have a hard time believing him
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    if i remember correctly, palm kept the pre and webos locked up pretty tight until a day or two before CES.
    My recollection is quite different, in that nothing was known about the Pre/WebOS until Rubinstein pulled one out of his pocket and raised it up in the air to the masses gathered at CES's Palm Venue.
    Of course it took another 6 months before the general paying customer could get their hands on one to raise into the air.
    I totally believe that Palm/HP will have a new device before the end of the year. My only concern is...

How long before it comes to Canada.
    Well, at the very least we have been told that there should be new hardware this year. We have heard of September before and that would make sence.

HP just hied a person to work directly with Sprint.
    Many Pre owners will be able or soon be able to upgrade.
    The holidays are coming.
    A new phone was semi-leaked for Verizon.
    HP should be smart enough to grab the market at this hot time. At least they have shown they now how to grab the computer market.

Then there are some other interesting tid bits.
    Large screens and snapdragon chips are hard to come by for many of the manufactures of the new phones just coming out. We see it with the EVO (screens) for one. If HP is suddenly making big purchase orders of these parts then it would stand to reason that the other manufactures would be having a hard time to acquiring what they need.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    I myself am starting to believe this Roadrunner/WebOS 2.0 stuff being leaked. Being a day 1 beta tester (and Sprint Premier customer), I've been upgrade eligible since June. Just waiting to see what comes next from HP/Palm. I'm still loving my Pre and I'm in no hurry to jump just for the sake of fancy makeup and eye liner. I know a clown when I see one, WebOS is the ringmaster at the moment (for me).
  18.    #18  
    hang out here very often but don't post much. I'd like to believe sprint also but only time will tell. Just saying what my two people told me. And I do know how tight lipped palm is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    4 Sprint people just told me that little bunnies are cute!

Verified...check.

anjm, you must not hang out here much.
  19.    #19  
    and if I remember correctly the october rumor some are talking about was from verizon. Doesn't mean sprint isn't gona be november. The two carriers obviously have nothing to do with eachother. Just like our 1.4.5 update. Just because we have it don't mean verizon does. Two separate carriers with two release dates is very possible
    We know that a new webOS device is being released soon. I dont know why a new thread needs to be made every single day about it...
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast