Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojuice View Post
    There are many who state what (hardware), how (Web OS2) and when (september to December), but I could sure use a video, a photo or even a drawing.
    I am on my fourth Pre and my wife is on her third Pre....hope we dont have to wait until June 2011 (2-yrs on a Pre), 'cause she will be vaulting to an iPhone by Xmas. I haven't decided yet, but I really hope I don't have to switch...........
    If it were me, I would have been trying to take sneaky pcitures with my pre of the pre2
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    I totally believe that Palm/HP will have a new device before the end of the year. My only concern is...

How long before it comes to Canada.
    lol
    "It is innocent, unless found Gu1l7y.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewardo View Post
    well i was going to try to get some more info outta the guy, a pic is pushing it im sure as he would probably b efired or something if tey figured out who he was. there was a SD card slot. despite what you may think. he said the camera was way better, and there was a forward facing camera and i got an email from another tester shortly after with this info.

"can you confirm there is a 3.5mm jack, glass screen too?

I have more info, but cant share at this time.

Was the camera 8mp on the rear and do you happen to know the front facing camera resolution?
    either way maybe ill keep any further info i gather to myself, as no one here will believe me anyway. Thought this was a good place to share my excitement that it wasnt a rumor anymore

as I stated my sources say the same basicly, so even if I didnt hear it, Im in believe what your saying is true. People will always suspect different so no worrys. I did have one question though you said it looked like it was as big as the droid X or bigger, do you remeber if it was a wide as the EVO cause the EVO in the hand is alot wider then a droid X, making to me the droid X usable at that size?
    I called sprint to cancel my equipment protection plan. ( I lost 2 phones already and used up the number replacements I can receive). I told them that I currently used up my replacement number for the year and also said, as if I knew for sure, that a new palm phone was coming out this year. Once the rep confirned the cancelation I asked if and when the phone was coming out this year. The rep said he "we" do not have any information on that as of yet. We wnt know until a month before launch...... Hey, I tried!
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I guess I just find it strange, that a "rep" at a sprint store had the actual new and working Palm phone before any news of a new phone period has been released to anyone. Sure we have mockups and assumptions, but nothing official from Palm. It just seems a little.... backwards. Plus with the high risk of "leaking" info on an actual tangible phone...like I said... just seems strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I myself am starting to believe this Roadrunner/WebOS 2.0 stuff being leaked

has anyone thought that these leaks might be coming from the PalmPad and not necessarily a new phone? I would hate for that to be true, but with HP just announcing the new tablet, wouldnt they be testing it right now?
    I know a Sprint rep and they do not know anything about what products are coming out until very near the release date.
    fake fake fake. Close this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by callen10 View Post
    has anyone thought that these leaks might be coming from the PalmPad and not necessarily a new phone? I would hate for that to be true, but with HP just announcing the new tablet, wouldnt they be testing it right now?
    there have been articles on P|C and other sites about a device called "RoadRunner HD" showing up in dev logs...
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I wont believe any release rumor until engadget (or whoever) "dig up" the FCC filing and approval for the new device.

(Did you know the FCC has an RSS feed that they update with every new filing release?)
    RSS - Reboot.FCC.gov
    Last edited by Honis; 08/24/2010 at 11:03 AM. Reason: added release to first sentence
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxion View Post
    I guess I just find it strange, that a "rep" at a sprint store had the actual new and working Palm phone before any news of a new phone period has been released to anyone. Sure we have mockups and assumptions, but nothing official from Palm. It just seems a little.... backwards. Plus with the high risk of "leaking" info on an actual tangible phone...like I said... just seems strange.
    I'll have to side with you on this one

there's just no way a rep would have a working device without even a product announcement. Retail is the last part of the supply chain before they even touch the device.

Now, if it was a PALM rep who was in a sprint store, then maybe, it could be possible, but an actual sprint rep would be a huge no.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    I'll have to side with you on this one

there's just no way a rep would have a working device without even a product announcement. Retail is the last part of the supply chain before they even touch the device.

Now, if it was a PALM rep who was in a sprint store, then maybe, it could be possible, but an actual sprint rep would be a huge no.
    Of course they wouldn't know anything "official" but they talk to Palm field reps and occasionally see internal stuff that can "point to" upcoming stuff. Every now and then you will find someone in a phone store that has some insight and follows the industry.

Heck, I've usually been pretty accurate in my Palm predictions and I don't work in the phone business, I just pay close attention and look for patterns. (Of course, I also predicted that Sprint would get the Plus models in Q3. Only 5 weeks left to prove me wrong, and it's not looking good for that prediction.)

Everyone is dying for rumors and "any" info from hpalm, so let's call this one "plausible" as a send up to mythbusters, and enjoy having something to dream about.

It beats all the "if I don't hear anyting by [fill in the date] I'm jumping to [fill in the blank] so c'mon hpalm - tell us something" negativity that erupts around here every few weeks. Let's enjoy the ride, knowing there is something called "RoadRunnerHD, that webOS is coming before then end of 2010, and that there is a "PalmPad" coming in Q1.

Based on all that, it's reasonable to think they'd have new hardware to announce with or around webOS 2.0.

Let's bask in the positive for a while.
    Yeah I also think this is bogus , not that a new device is coming out, there will be a new device just this one smacks of bogus. All these leaks contrdict each other. Its big, its small, its SPrint, its Verizon. If a new webos phone was in the hands of a store rep it would be all over the net. A store rep is the last person in the chain to ever see even a demo. Yall gettin your chain yanked again. But these are all in good fun I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Of course they wouldn't know anything "official" but they talk to Palm field reps and occasionally see internal stuff that can "point to" upcoming stuff. Every now and then you will find someone in a phone store that has some insight and follows the industry.

Heck, I've usually been pretty accurate in my Palm predictions and I don't work in the phone business, I just pay close attention and look for patterns. (Of course, I also predicted that Sprint would get the Plus models in Q3. Only 5 weeks left to prove me wrong, and it's not looking good for that prediction.)

Everyone is dying for rumors and "any" info from hpalm, so let's call this one "plausible" as a send up to mythbusters, and enjoy having something to dream about.

It beats all the "if I don't hear anyting by [fill in the date] I'm jumping to [fill in the blank] so c'mon hpalm - tell us something" negativity that erupts around here every few weeks. Let's enjoy the ride, knowing there is something called "RoadRunnerHD, that webOS is coming before then end of 2010, and that there is a "PalmPad" coming in Q1.

Based on all that, it's reasonable to think they'd have new hardware to announce with or around webOS 2.0.

Let's bask in the positive for a while.
    Absolutely they have some insider info, albeit minimal at times.

I'm not at all attacking the credibility of that original post. It is what it is at the end of the day: a rumour. What I was trying to convey is that no sprint rep would have a working device on them before an announcement. Unfortunately, that just doesn't make sense.

Well, i'm not jumping ship. My device is 100% fine, i'm happy with it, I don't care what Apple has out there that's conceived as "better" or what Android is doing. I go with what works best for me, not what works best for the market.

The nay-sayers who are 'jumping ship' because Palm went through a merge with HP and couldn't release a device that meets other peoples demands, well, to each their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Yeah I also think this is bogus , not that a new device is coming out, there will be a new device just this one smacks of bogus. All these leaks contrdict each other. Its big, its small, its SPrint, its Verizon. If a new webos phone was in the hands of a store rep it would be all over the net. A store rep is the last person in the chain to ever see even a demo. Yall gettin your chain yanked again. But these are all in good fun I guess.
    Yes, but devs reported the first instance was RoadRunner, and the second was RoadRunnerHD and reported much higher resolution. Everyone keeps whining that Palm needs to have more handset variety, so let's pretend they agree and will be launching more than one size/style of handset.

I'm happy to hope for that until we get something more substantial. Let's have a glass-is-half-full view for a change!
    Glass should always be half full but which glass is real. just a look at the post the last day. Its official on sprint NO its on verizon. Its out Sept 2nd Not its later in the year. Its al crapp. again its all in good fun i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by asharrop View Post
    maybe the sd card slot was mistaken since it was really a sim card slot because it's a world phone!!

one can dream can't he. i honestly believe that a world phone launch would kill sales. people like to not be bound and limited, and will pay for it.

my own use of such a feature would be non-existant, but it would help fuel the success of the platform I like the best.

anywho... back on the topic, i can count to potato.
    Would there be a sim card slot on a Sprint phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Would there be a sim card slot on a Sprint phone?
    Not unless it a world phone with GSM/HSPA and CDMA radios...which is unlikely.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    I totally believe that Palm/HP will have a new device before the end of the year. My only concern is...

How long before it comes to Canada.
    The same question, to France ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Not unless it a world phone with GSM/HSPA and CDMA radios...which is unlikely.
    Probably is unlikely, but it's a darn shame. It's a pain to have to deal with another phone every time you go overseas. RIM got this right.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast