Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewardo View Post
    Well folks i was at my sprint store and got to see the new Palm HP webos 2.0 (C40 no, roadrunner...maybe) device...on accident of course. My understanding is the phone i saw was an early beta tester release. It was running 2.0, it did have a SD card slot good up to 32gb. It had a much better camera and it was as big if not bigger than the droid X. The guy stated he thought the screen was too big and there are plans for a smaller screen when its released. It was 4G. id didnt see a keyboard and forgot to ask. He seemed a bit bummed on the Palm reps and their market share in the phone biz. He stated the motorola reps brrought in a bunch of food and took great care of the employees and offered things like $5 for every phone they pushed? no legal in my line of work but these are phones. (hear that HP, make nice with your carriers.) He confirmed the hurrucane is coming and that hes definately getting one. he loves palm devices and web OS. He had the Pre/+ in his other pocket and mistakenly took the pre2 out of the other pocket before. He said he really likes web os and wishes they could do more with it but, there seems to be a lack of incentive. He also stated that palm just got the parts for the pre out this month and the phones been out for a year, he stated motorola got them out replacment parts in one month of their phones releases. im hopeful HP will do a much better job than palm did by themselves, but he didnt seem to be too hapy with the palm rep that was just here last week and thats on HP time. The phone looked cool! too big for me, i hope they release a smaller version, something easier to pocket. They have to make something more durable. I am very easy on my phones, i went thru quite a few pre's one lasted almost 6 months but i hate having to constantly replace the darn thing. Im a loyal customer, i was offered 3 different phones today from customer service over the phone today when having my pre replaced again from the typical crack at the usb door. I stuck with the pre! now get me something i can enjoy and have last.
    the only problem I see here.. Is you said he had a pre/+ but sprint only has the pre?
    cuz us webos fan boys cant get enough! i check at least 3 times a week to see if something has leaked. i want a new phone, and the only new phone i want is one that is released by palm.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Well folks i was at my sprint store and got to see the new Palm HP webos 2.0 (C40 no, roadrunner...maybe) device...on accident of course. My understanding is the phone i saw was an early beta tester release. It was running 2.0, it did have a SD card slot good up to 32gb. It had a much better camera and it was as big if not bigger than the droid X. The guy stated he thought the screen was too big and there are plans for a smaller screen when its released. It was 4G. id didnt see a keyboard and forgot to ask. He seemed a bit bummed on the Palm reps and their market share in the phone biz. He stated the motorola reps brrought in a bunch of food and took great care of the employees and offered things like $5 for every phone they pushed? no legal in my line of work but these are phones. (hear that HP, make nice with your carriers.) He confirmed the hurrucane is coming and that hes definately getting one. he loves palm devices and web OS. He had the Pre/+ in his other pocket and mistakenly took the pre2 out of the other pocket before. He said he really likes web os and wishes they could do more with it but, there seems to be a lack of incentive. He also stated that palm just got the parts for the pre out this month and the phones been out for a year, he stated motorola got them out replacment parts in one month of their phones releases. im hopeful HP will do a much better job than palm did by themselves, but he didnt seem to be too hapy with the palm rep that was just here last week and thats on HP time. The phone looked cool! too big for me, i hope they release a smaller version, something easier to pocket. They have to make something more durable. I am very easy on my phones, i went thru quite a few pre's one lasted almost 6 months but i hate having to constantly replace the darn thing. Im a loyal customer, i was offered 3 different phones today from customer service over the phone today when having my pre replaced again from the typical crack at the usb door. I stuck with the pre! now get me something i can enjoy and have last.
    Pics or it didnt happen......... just sayin.
    I have not looked through all of the postings, but I am really looking forward to a new WebOS phone for sprint. I have been using sprint for the last 5-6 years, since the Palm 600 days (Sanyo 6500, Palm 600, Palm 800w, Palm Pre).

I have a friend that has a Droid and another with the Verizon version of the Evo and I LOVE their speed and features, but I love the WebOS much better.

Basically, give me a WebOS phone with "Droid/Evo" hardware.

Only recently, have I taken a step to getting the "performance kernel" for my Pre. Using the Govener program, I have it set at 250/800 Screenstate.

I have to say that its has improved the speeds and response of my phone and feels little more of a "robust" phone.

But on the flip side, I do have a nasty crack/chip on the bottom left of the phone (near the mic). It is bad enough that the chip does catch on my pocket from time to time. I am looking at getting one of the "shells" to cover up that chip to avoid that issue, but I also want to get a extended battery and get the Touchstone extended battery mod.

Bottom line: If there is a new phone to be released in the next 2 months, I dont want to drop $100 now on accessories that will be worthless with the new phone.

Any info will help me with this decision and I thank you in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by elrodvoss View Post
    ...and another with the Verizon version of the Evo
    there is no "verizon version of the EVO".
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchmasta View Post
    cuz us webos fan boys cant get enough! i check at least 3 times a week to see if something has leaked. i want a new phone, and the only new phone i want is one that is released by palm.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Then what other phones have the "kickstand" like the Evo? I know he does not have sprint. I know its not an Evo, but what is the phone that looks like an Evo, but on a different phone network.
    Quote Originally Posted by elrodvoss View Post
    Then what other phones have the "kickstand" like the Evo? I know he does not have sprint. I know its not an Evo, but what is the phone that looks like an Evo, but on a different phone network.

the HD2 resembles the evo very similarly for Tmobile i feel, not sure what else u could b talkin about...
    There are many who state what (hardware), how (Web OS2) and when (september to December), but I could sure use a video, a photo or even a drawing.
    I am on my fourth Pre and my wife is on her third Pre....hope we dont have to wait until June 2011 (2-yrs on a Pre), 'cause she will be vaulting to an iPhone by Xmas. I haven't decided yet, but I really hope I don't have to switch...........
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    its the htc aria on the att network.

sorry for confusion
    Well folks i was at my sprint store and got to see the new Palm HP webos 2.0 (C40 no, roadrunner...maybe) device...on accident of course. My understanding is the phone i saw was an early beta tester release. It was running 2.0, it did have a SD card slot good up to 32gb. It had a much better camera and it was as big if not bigger than the droid X.
    I'm curious as to how you knew some of these details. How did you know the camera was "much better?" Did he show you some pictures? Did he tell you the specs? How did you know it was running 2.0? Did it look different? Did he show you Device info?

And frankly, the inclusion of an SD card slot is something I don't see Palm doing, despite the number of us that would like to see it.

So this story sounds a little fishy to me. But I want to believe.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    sounds fishy to me as well. and an SD slot? I doubt that they're gonna toss a fullsize sd reader on a phone. then again, my zire 31 supported a full sd.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    well i was going to try to get some more info outta the guy, a pic is pushing it im sure as he would probably b efired or something if tey figured out who he was. there was a SD card slot. despite what you may think. he said the camera was way better, and there was a forward facing camera and i got an email from another tester shortly after with this info.

"can you confirm there is a 3.5mm jack, glass screen too?

I have more info, but cant share at this time.

Was the camera 8mp on the rear and do you happen to know the front facing camera resolution?
    either way maybe ill keep any further info i gather to myself, as no one here will believe me anyway. Thought this was a good place to share my excitement that it wasnt a rumor anymore
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    maybe the sd card slot was mistaken since it was really a sim card slot because it's a world phone!!

one can dream can't he. i honestly believe that a world phone launch would kill sales. people like to not be bound and limited, and will pay for it.

my own use of such a feature would be non-existant, but it would help fuel the success of the platform I like the best.

anywho... back on the topic, i can count to potato.
    optimisitcally I can think is that release is close (september?) and some demos are out in the stores - but not meant for open display yet, kind of dubious but I don't now how these things work ? but i'd expect mega leaks even if no pics
    @ mikewardo

hey man, keep sharing, who cares about most of these poster's are lovely lovely men...most people just browse, as it's clear from all the varying rumors that some type of release is imminent...i swear the Palm community is full of idiots just like Apple
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/24/2010 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Language
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I'm guessing that September = announcement, and October = release only for the next gen Pre.
    well i was going to try to get some more info outta the guy, a pic is pushing it im sure as he would probably b efired or something if tey figured out who he was. there was a SD card slot. despite what you may think. he said the camera was way better, and there was a forward facing camera and i got an email from another tester shortly after with this info.

"can you confirm there is a 3.5mm jack, glass screen too?

I have more info, but cant share at this time.

Was the camera 8mp on the rear and do you happen to know the front facing camera resolution?
    either way maybe ill keep any further info i gather to myself, as no one here will believe me anyway. Thought this was a good place to share my excitement that it wasnt a rumor anymore
    Well I apPREciate your info. Not long ago we had Casperstar with video of a new game and screenshots of the new app catalog, did they believe him,hell no. He was right, and the vultures that picked him apart were wrong. Don't let the douchbags get to ya. Some people will ***** if you hang em with a new rope.

I miss Casperstar, I wonder what info we've been missing out on because of people with their pantyhose in a bunch in that debacle ? Thanks a lot chumps.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    There is one thing that is bothering me about this. He says the Pre2 is the size of the Droid X or larger. We all know how small the Pre is. But he accidently pulls out the Pre2 all the time? Lol ok
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I'm curious as to how you knew some of these details. How did you know the camera was "much better?" Did he show you some pictures? Did he tell you the specs? How did you know it was running 2.0? Did it look different? Did he show you Device info?

And frankly, the inclusion of an SD card slot is something I don't see Palm doing, despite the number of us that would like to see it.

So this story sounds a little fishy to me. But I want to believe.
    +1, tho he probably is just passing the info told my the rep who was using the phone.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast