Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    I'm really freakin' sick of the internet and all the assorted douchiness that comes with it.

Seriously people, learn how to title threads. I know its just attention whoring, and the original poster knew exactly what he was doing, but really---these types of posts are ridiculous.

No, it's not "verified". No, there is no proof. No, there is no date. No, there is no announcement. So can we please stop acting as if things are set in stone and twisting people around just for entertainment's sake?

If it's a RUMOR, then STATE its a rumor first.

So irritating.

/rant
    I'm with you buddy. Thread/Post like these without proof - should be deleted by the forum mod.

Do the OP really know the meaning of - Verified. {Prove to be
    true a verified claim}
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    even though the pre launched last year on sprint as a beta product, they still sold over 1.5 million units through sprint from a company with little resources and money, and only on one carrier was very good IMO. In fact if you look at the numbers they sold 1 million in three months on sprint alone.
    These numbers are not anywhere close to reality. Palm's fiscal year ran from June to May. In September 2009, their Q1 results call mentioned shipping 823,000 phones, 810,000 of which sold through to end-users. This covered the first three months of the Pre's existence, but not all of the shipped phones were Pres (some were Treos). Palm said that the "vast majority" were Pres, but did not define the phrase in terms of percentage. Even if it meant that 90% of the phones were Pres (which most analysts doubted, and I think still doubt), that still falls well short of your claimed million units.
    like others in this thread, my pre is falling apart

I'm also launch day Sprint Premier customer , so can upgrade at reasonable expense

I've got a usb crack and a keyboard area crack

The other day the power button broke - that's getting to be really annoying , I have a flight in 2 weeks , a working power button would be helpful

might need to breakdown and get an android-based phone next week
    {Wrong Post} You need to send back the phone for repairs or replacement.

Next time look for the appropriate thread. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post

are you , rush ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    just watched it... classic!!!
    I don't believe any particular rumor, but there has definitely been an increase in these types of rumors. And where there is smoke, there is surely someone trying to rub two sticks together trying to claim it's a fire.... Here's to hoping...

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    I don't believe any particular rumor, but there has definitely been an increase in these types of rumors. And where there is smoke, there is surely someone trying to rub two sticks together trying to claim it's a fire.... Here's to hoping...
    http://www.offthemarkcartoons.com/ca...1995-07-22.gif
    I'm with you buddy. Thread/Post like these without proof - should be deleted by the forum mod.

Do the OP really know the meaning of - Verified. {Prove to be
    true a verified claim}

<edited the thread title to indicate this is a rumor>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    nice post... i just have to say that i look at this, and u kno what i see, i see a leak in its most basic essence. HP/Palm kno that everyone is waiting for the next sexy piece of machinery to hit the wild, so they're throwin us this to let us kno that it DOES exist. my palm pre works fine, and this just gives me the confidence to subdue my giddy school boy intentions, and rely on my patience for the next device to come out... cuz lets be honest, we all kno its gonna be stellar!!!

Why bother? Does Sprint hand me a replacement phone at the store ? I don't have the lousy/expensive Sprint insurance. Only AMEX extended warranty. Of course it's over 1 yr old

If I'm getting a replacement I might as well use my upgrade
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Well folks i was at my sprint store and got to see the new Palm HP webos 2.0 (C40 no, roadrunner...maybe) device...on accident of course. My understanding is the phone i saw was an early beta tester release. It was running 2.0, it did have a SD card slot good up to 32gb. It had a much better camera and it was as big if not bigger than the droid X. The guy stated he thought the screen was too big and there are plans for a smaller screen when its released. It was 4G. id didnt see a keyboard and forgot to ask. He seemed a bit bummed on the Palm reps and their market share in the phone biz. He stated the motorola reps brrought in a bunch of food and took great care of the employees and offered things like $5 for every phone they pushed? no legal in my line of work but these are phones. (hear that HP, make nice with your carriers.) He confirmed the hurrucane is coming and that hes definately getting one. he loves palm devices and web OS. He had the Pre/+ in his other pocket and mistakenly took the pre2 out of the other pocket before. He said he really likes web os and wishes they could do more with it but, there seems to be a lack of incentive. He also stated that palm just got the parts for the pre out this month and the phones been out for a year, he stated motorola got them out replacment parts in one month of their phones releases. im hopeful HP will do a much better job than palm did by themselves, but he didnt seem to be too hapy with the palm rep that was just here last week and thats on HP time. The phone looked cool! too big for me, i hope they release a smaller version, something easier to pocket. They have to make something more durable. I am very easy on my phones, i went thru quite a few pre's one lasted almost 6 months but i hate having to constantly replace the darn thing. Im a loyal customer, i was offered 3 different phones today from customer service over the phone today when having my pre replaced again from the typical crack at the usb door. I stuck with the pre! now get me something i can enjoy and have last.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewardo View Post
    Well folks i was at my sprint store and got to see the new Palm HP webos 2.0 (C40 no, roadrunner...maybe) device...on accident of course. My understanding is the phone i saw was an early beta tester release. It was running 2.0, it did have a SD card slot good up to 32gb. It had a much better camera and it was as big if not bigger than the droid X. The guy stated he thought the screen was too big and there are plans for a smaller screen when its released. It was 4G. id didnt see a keyboard and forgot to ask. He seemed a bit bummed on the Palm reps and their market share in the phone biz. He stated the motorola reps brrought in a bunch of food and took great care of the employees and offered things like $5 for every phone they pushed? no legal in my line of work but these are phones. (hear that HP, make nice with your carriers.) He confirmed the hurrucane is coming and that hes definately getting one. he loves palm devices and web OS. He had the Pre/+ in his other pocket and mistakenly took the pre2 out of the other pocket before. He said he really likes web os and wishes they could do more with it but, there seems to be a lack of incentive. He also stated that palm just got the parts for the pre out this month and the phones been out for a year, he stated motorola got them out replacment parts in one month of their phones releases. im hopeful HP will do a much better job than palm did by themselves, but he didnt seem to be too hapy with the palm rep that was just here last week and thats on HP time. The phone looked cool! too big for me, i hope they release a smaller version, something easier to pocket. They have to make something more durable. I am very easy on my phones, i went thru quite a few pre's one lasted almost 6 months but i hate having to constantly replace the darn thing. Im a loyal customer, i was offered 3 different phones today from customer service over the phone today when having my pre replaced again from the typical crack at the usb door. I stuck with the pre! now get me something i can enjoy and have last.
    did he give u any timeframe for release?

thanks for ur update and it IS appreciated, however did u SEE it running webos, did u SEE a palm logo, or did he just say that it was the new webos device? sounds awesome to me but very vague on many/all details. once again ur post is appreciated cuz it gives us a product idea(if true) but u have little support to back up ur post.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    bs meter on high
    Ya...the day HP or Palm gives out a 'beta' device to some random Sprint employee to use is the day HP releases edible computers ('cause it will be the day I eat mine).
    May not be a "random Sprint employee". Maybe he is a beta test who happens to be a Sprint employee. I believe!
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Unless they've totally botched the next Palm phone, I would believe a November release date. That would place in just in time for Christmas. So we should hear something in September.

The problem is that a lot of Pre users have already bolted for Android. I read a lot of posts by former Pre users over there.

I considered reserving an Epic. But I like to see the phone before I order. And the other Galaxy S phones are just a little too large for my preference.

But my Pre's days are numbered. The USB crack that Palm and Sprint refused to do warranty replacements is now starting across the screen.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Evo
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    i was offered 3 different phones today from customer service over the phone today when having my pre replaced again from the typical crack at the usb door.
    Does that mean Sprint is recognizing the usb crack as a known issue? My wife's Pre has a crack there that has made it onto the screen. We've been waiting for another issue to pop up to get it replaced for fear of Sprint flagging it for user damage (it's been dropped, not the cause of crack). Might have to give it a shot now.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast