Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Nacho, you and me. I won an iPad in a contest, I love the screen and the size. There are some cool FREE apps, but most are same as already on my Pre. The OS trying to multitask is lame, I guess I could deal with it if I hadn't ever seen WebOS. Can't believe you have to go through iTunes to move pictures and music. You have to buy hardware and programs to get stuff from your PC to iPad. I bought the camera import kit (a usb device with a card reader) it worked for pictures, but not MOV format movies. I paid $30 for it, how lame.

I realize how cool WebOS is and that is why I hope HP gets it together. By the way, when a WebOS iPad like device comes out, my iPad is for sale immediately. Looking for a replacement phone when it comes out and the new HP hPad.

Another Jax WebOS fan.

Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I myself am starting to believe this Roadrunner/WebOS 2.0 stuff being leaked. Being a day 1 beta tester (and Sprint Premier customer), I've been upgrade eligible since June. Just waiting to see what comes next from HP/Palm. I'm still loving my Pre and I'm in no hurry to jump just for the sake of fancy makeup and eye liner. I know a clown when I see one, WebOS is the ringmaster at the moment (for me).
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    as stated before sprint and palm relationship is intact (i confermed that with sprint directly and posted the converstation on the palm C40 months ago stating their relationship is intact, and will continue to support and offer Palm products). Second even though the pre launched last year on sprint as a beta product, they still sold over 1.5 million units through sprint from a company with little resources and money, and only on one carrier was very good IMO. In fact if you look at the numbers they sold 1 million in three months on sprint alone. Third AT&T would also be another good choice, but I assume they will delay a launch with them since they just got the plus version a few months ago, and since they just restocked why would you destroy sales, and have excess inventory just sitting there of a device thats selling faily well. Even though Verizon did them dirty out of all the major carriers, I do see them releasing on them and Sprint this fall, both CDMA technology, both will be 4G (verizon by novemeber) so it wont be hard to mass produce IMO, as well as alot more users right now that still have a pre or pixi I think are on sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I'm probably driving with blinders on, I have no plans to ever switch to anything Apple, Android, or Windows Mobile based. I'm rooting for the innovative underdog!
    Every now and then I get this feeling I'm a fool, but I share your perspective. There's too much to like about WebOS, and it being the underdog just adds to the attractiveness for me. If it were capturing 40% of the smart phone market, I might think differently.
    My mobile biography: Nokia 5181i & 3589i -- Motorola v60i & A630 -- Palm Treo 650, Centro, Pre Plus, MyTouch 4G Slide, Pre 2, Pre 3, Nokia Lumia 521, Veer
    Myth or Fact, I'm comfortable with what I have. (Palm pre)
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    Myth or Fact, I'm comfortable with what I have. (Palm pre)
    +1 Now with Uberkernal installed I'm happy with my Palm Pre. However, a new Palm Pre for my birthday would be nice!
    My launch day Pre is patched and running the Uberkernel and fits me perfect now like a pair of broken in jeans, HP/Palm would really have to come out with a state of art kick A## device to tempt me to upgrade but then again you never know, I might be overcome by upgrade fever by the time it is released. I am thinking late Oct., just before the Xmas holiday shopping season begins. By then webOS 2.0 will have been released, perfect timing.
    Launch pre blown speaker and headset issue I need a new device. I love web os but my poor old pre is showing it's age. I try to avoid the epic but could use an official announcement from hpalm. I hope this rumor is true but I've heard a lot of sprint rep stuff lately that hasn't panned out.
    if Palm goes to ATT i will look at and Droid. if they go with Verizon with what they did in maketing the Pre Plus i again will go with a Droid.

i have had all the carriers and they ALL have their problems and dropped calls. IF Palm shafts Sprint users like they did with the Pre Plus, why take it a second time. shaft me once shame on you, shaft me twice shame on me
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    I totally believe that Palm/HP will have a new device before the end of the year. My only concern is...

How long before it comes to Canada.
    HP's scale will make the process for international availability very quick. I wouldn't worry too much.

Chris
    honestly people regardless of rumors or sources the only carrier that did Palm dirty was Verizon, so thats the only one we should be iffy about when it comes to rumors. Verizon shows no interest in Webos, though Hp of course will release it on every carrier, and Verizon will be glad to take it, for competition sake. Sprint (as noted, as well as I have submitted a email stating so months ago) they have no issue with Palm, and will continue to support and carrier palm products directly from their sources over there. At&t as well though I believe they will wait a bit since they are moving the plus version pretty well with them (hence the reorder, and stocking at AT&T). So I believe Sprint will def carry the next Webos device whenever it comes out to me they are the front runners at the moment logic tells me looking at the whole picture. Also Sprint will have 4G android, webos, and soon windows 7 phones what company like sprint who was in their first plus in subscribers in years wouldnt take any and I mean any new product any company will offer. Also remember Palm was seeking a sprint marketing spot a month ago....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dchris222 View Post
    HP's scale will make the process for international availability very quick. I wouldn't worry too much.

Chris
    exactly, and 30 plus billion last Q up over 20% worldwide why wouldnt they release new devices everywhere to maximize their efforts. HP's been doing this too long, and Palm would have done the same if they had the capital, money and power that HP has. So lets stop worring about whos getting what and when, I'm pretty sure HP will launch it on carriers ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    as stated before sprint and palm relationship is intact (i confermed that with sprint directly and posted the converstation on the palm C40 months ago stating their relationship is intact, and will continue to support and offer Palm products). Second even though the pre launched last year on sprint as a beta product, they still sold over 1.5 million units through sprint from a company with little resources and money, and only on one carrier was very good IMO. In fact if you look at the numbers they sold 1 million in three months on sprint alone. Third AT&T would also be another good choice, but I assume they will delay a launch with them since they just got the plus version a few months ago, and since they just restocked why would you destroy sales, and have excess inventory just sitting there of a device thats selling faily well. Even though Verizon did them dirty out of all the major carriers, I do see them releasing on them and Sprint this fall, both CDMA technology, both will be 4G (verizon by novemeber) so it wont be hard to mass produce IMO, as well as alot more users right now that still have a pre or pixi I think are on sprint.
    I'm curious as to where you are pulling these numbers or info from. They conflict with Palm's figures, so I'm astounded that you have more accurate info than what they put out to shareholders.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hey,
    I've been browsing around on the web and noticed that IFA 2010 in Berlin is September 3-8, and there are a lot of big name companies presenting at the show. Does anyone know if HP/Palm is slated to present? Seems to me that this might be the big "convention-type" atmosphere that could warrant a big product annoucement....Maybe just hoping a little too much, idk,
    I'd just like to say that this is my only line...
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yaggermr View Post
    Launch pre blown speaker and headset issue I need a new device. I love web os but my poor old pre is showing it's age. I try to avoid the epic but could use an official announcement from hpalm. I hope this rumor is true but I've heard a lot of sprint rep stuff lately that hasn't panned out.
    Same. I just want an official announcement from HP/Palm/Sprint. 10 days left or I'll have an Epic or EVO. Some specs would be nice. Gotta be iPhone/Epic/Evo like...
    Phone: 700p > Pre
    PMP: Archos 605 (30GB) and iPod Touch (16GB)
    I think this could be a reasonable time frame for a Sprint device as well as the October for Verizon. The reason Verizon might get it first may have something to do with the Bloomberg reports of the iphone coming there in January. HP/Palm may want a few months on their own before the iphone comes in and takes over Verizon like they did AT&T.

It will be really telling about recent android gains once the iphone is not restricted to one carrier. It will certainly put a dent into android and RIM sales. At least webOS has nowhere to go but up and hopefully that will still be possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    if i remember correctly, palm kept the pre and webos locked up pretty tight until a day or two before CES. Plus, to quote Rubinstein, "you guys [engadget] are too busy digging though apples trash cans"
    when did ruby say that lol that quote is gold...
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingInIowa.com View Post
    I hope the new Pre comes out before the USB crack travels far enough on my screen to make it un-usable!

I'm not wasting $100 on insurance when I'm eligible for upgrade!

When my Pre screen stops responding... I'm off to buy a new phone!

ditto i'm in the exact same position. Hurry up palm. Im trying to hold out you palm, but my pre my not let me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    I'm really freakin' sick of the internet and all the assorted douchiness that comes with it.

Seriously people, learn how to title threads. I know its just attention whoring, and the original poster knew exactly what he was doing, but really---these types of posts are ridiculous.

No, it's not "verified". No, there is no proof. No, there is no date. No, there is no announcement. So can we please stop acting as if things are set in stone and twisting people around just for entertainment's sake?

If it's a RUMOR, then STATE its a rumor first.

So irritating.

/rant
    you sound like you need a hug

(also i imagine your voice sounding like Napoleon Dynamite as read your post)
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    when did ruby say that lol that quote is gold...
    engadget show: Episode one. about 13 minutes in. had to re-watch part of it to find it, so its not an verbatim quote, but pretty close.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast