Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    4 Sprint people just told me that little bunnies are cute!

Verified...check.

anjm, you must not hang out here much.
    Psshht...another rumor from somebody claiming to know a Sprint employee. Did he show you pictures of the bunnies? Specs? Something we can sink our teeth into? No offense to you or your friend, but this is just more worthless rumor-mongering that wastes time and bandwidth. Personally, I'll believe that bunnies are cute when I see the hands-on at Engadget, and not one second before.
    A random sprint employee saying something really isn't a confirmation. Although I think your source is probably right and all indications point to an eventual and most probable new hardware launch by this year... I don't think anyone will believe a new device is certain until those blurry camera pics of the device are finally leaked!

Also, I would be surprised that Hpalm would go with Sprint once again for new hardware launch. If I were them I would much rather go with ATT or Verizon for first launch considering the dreadful past history with the Pre on Sprint...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #23  
    totaly agree gaurav
    Considering Palm has not had a grand welcome/launch on any carrier since the Pre first came out, why would you place the blame on Sprint?
    Is it Sprint's fault it didn't sell well on all the other carriers/countries?
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Considering Palm has not had a grand welcome/launch on any carrier since the Pre first came out, why would you place the blame on Sprint?
    Is it Sprint's fault it didn't sell well on all the other carriers/countries?
    I think it was well documented that the Sprint Pre launch was not well executed by both Sprint and Palm. Sprint did a poor job of training its employees on the new platform and early supply chain issues really squashed early momentum for the Pre. Palm failed poorly in marketing and with hardware issues, so they are both to blame. But if you compare the launches Palm had with ATT and others then you can definitely see a difference. The Verizon launch of course was soo cataclysmic that it basically caused Palm to cease to exist as an independent firm...it was that bad...

HPalm now luckily has a chance for a do-ever with the next hardware launch. For that I would pick one of the biggest networks with the largest user base. ATT imo seems like a perfect fit right now. The iPhone exclusivity is ending this year and they might receptive to a new platform launch to shore up new users prior to apple releasing the iphone on other carriers. Verizon right now seems to be totally engrossed and wed to Andriod...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    A random sprint employee saying something really isn't a confirmation. Although I think your source is probably right and all indications point to an eventual and most probable new hardware launch by this year... I don't think anyone will believe a new device is certain until those blurry camera pics of the device are finally leaked!

Also, I would be surprised that Hpalm would go with Sprint once again for new hardware launch. If I were them I would much rather go with ATT or Verizon for first launch considering the dreadful past history with the Pre on Sprint...
    HP really has no reason to restrict themslves to a single carrier on their next launch. I suspect we're going to see it available on multiple carriers.
    I'm probably driving with blinders on, I have no plans to ever switch to anything Apple, Android, or Windows Mobile based. I'm rooting for the innovative underdog!
    I wonder if the Pre 2 will include a photo distortion field or not? It does seem to be a pretty standard feature with the competition afterall
    A Sprint employee is as reliable as a used car salesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    It would be better if they launched on multiple carriers. Hopefully one of them is Sprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Then there are some other interesting tid bits.
    Large screens and snapdragon chips are hard to come by for many of the manufactures of the new phones just coming out.
    Why would they bother limiting themselves to snapdragon when TI's OMAP4 chips are scheduled to be shipping in the time frame that these rumored devices are going to be launched? Evaluation units are supposed to be available now, so HP probably has some working prototypes in the lab (those roadrunner devices). I hope they don't go the large screen route for the next phone.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    believe it when I see it
    until palm or hp confirms that theres a new phone coming out soon I'll believe it.I'm not buying these fake stories from sprint.
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    When ever a new HP/Palm phone comes out, I really hope it's on multiple carriers. One thing I will say though - I would not launch it exclusively on Verizon simply because all Verizon cares about is Android. I'm a Verizon Pre Plus owner and don't even walk into Verizon stores anymore because I don't have any interest in their Android phones. When I purchased my Pre Plus I did it online through their website so I didn't have to deal with their employees preaching Android.

I would for sure launch on Sprint. Of course the more networks, the better, but if it had to go an exclusive route, I would pick Sprint again.

I don't care how many subscribers Verizon has, that won't matter when half of your potential buyers will be swayed to Android. Only the customers that know what they want in advance would get it, kind of like with the Pre Plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    We know that a new webOS device is being released soon. I dont know why a new thread needs to be made every single day about it...
    You're definitely with the right company. Since this is Palm and we know that there'll be a new device the next couple months, we're posting internet threads about the unsubstantiated rumors we hear (I heard from a Rep the new phone will be bigger than the old.)

If this were Apple and we knew there'd be a new device in the next couple months, you would be reading entirely speculative articles about specs, design and company strategy as pilfered from unsubstantiated internet rumors in the established print media (Will The Magical New Ipad come with a revolutionary webcam next month? What else could Steve be up to? Page 3)
    The quote about Apple's trashcans gets me every time.

Personally I'd love to see it back on Sprint and would even love for exclusivity, because Sprint in my opinion is easily the best network and is an underdog. But from a business standpoint ATT probably has the most to gain out of it all. I wouldn't be surprised if they went hardware exclusive (well I would) but it could be a pretty neat idea. One new phone on ATT and a different on Sprint.

I honestly don't trust the Sprint employees though (C40 anyone?) and anything they say should be taken with a grain of salt, but the timeframe does line up so if this ended up being true I wouldn't be too surprised.

I'm due for an upgrade in October, and I wouldn't mind waiting until November but if it takes longer than that I'm putting my foot down and going the Android or WP7 path. Don't get me wrong the flood of PDK apps are amazing and all but I want a bigger app selection like Android has.
    Another rumor is that the iPhone will be on Sprint in October. If that is true there might not be a lot of customers left in November for the Pre.
    The title on this thread need to be changed. I'm sure Sprint CEO didn't say a new phone is coming. It's basically he say she say. My brother's girlfriend sister cousin uncle brother cousin said he heard a new phone was coming. .

see what I mean.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    My brother's girlfriend sister cousin uncle brother cousin said he heard a new phone was coming. .

Oh come on now this is the most dependable solid info ever possible...no??
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    I'm really freakin' sick of the internet and all the assorted douchiness that comes with it.

Seriously people, learn how to title threads. I know its just attention whoring, and the original poster knew exactly what he was doing, but really---these types of posts are ridiculous.

No, it's not "verified". No, there is no proof. No, there is no date. No, there is no announcement. So can we please stop acting as if things are set in stone and twisting people around just for entertainment's sake?

If it's a RUMOR, then STATE its a rumor first.

So irritating.

/rant
    I hope the new Pre comes out before the USB crack travels far enough on my screen to make it un-usable!

I'm not wasting $100 on insurance when I'm eligible for upgrade!

When my Pre screen stops responding... I'm off to buy a new phone!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast