1.    #1  
    For those of you who bought their Treo from Amazon... has anybody actually recieved their Amazon rebate? I sent my forms in over 15 weeks ago. The form said to allow for 8-10 weeks for processing. I called them up two weeks ago and they said that it's about to be mailed out. Looks like they're giving me the ol'run around. I'm just curious, has anyone recieved their rebate yet?
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    I'm glad somebody brought this up. I sent in for my rebate roughly 13 weeks ago and have yet to receive anything.

- Matt
    I just got mine yesterday. Took then long enough. The weird thing is that the date for the check is July even though I'm getting it in september.

I recommend you cash your check NOW if you want your money. There's a little fine print that says you have to deposit the money BEFORE Sept 16.

To me it's a semi-scam. They make you wait such a long time and then make you deposit it when THEY want you to. Almost doesn't make the $150 seems worth it for the hassle.
    Originally posted by lokuanyu
    I just got mine yesterday. Took then long enough. The weird thing is that the date for the check is July even though I'm getting it in september.

I recommend you cash your check NOW if you want your money. There's a little fine print that says you have to deposit the money BEFORE Sept 16.

To me it's a semi-scam. They make you wait such a long time and then make you deposit it when THEY want you to. Almost doesn't make the $150 seems worth it for the hassle.
    Wow! I can't believe Amazon is doing this. I'd write to them and complain... maybe write to Jeff himself, since he always takes the liberty to write to us directly!
    Last edited by silverado; 09/11/2002 at 06:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Do you remember when you sent it in? I still haven't received mine, and I mailed it on May 20th.

- Matt
    I sent mine in around July. If you haven't got yours yet then I'd called them. The phone number from my email that they gave me was: 866-348-2492. And check www.rebatestatus.com to see if it's still listed. I know once I started to wonder where the heck it was (after they told me it was cleared and it was coming) it was no longer listed in their system.

Call them soon though since the whole Sept 16 thing could make it more complicated.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    I sent mine in around July. If you haven't got yours yet then I'd called them. The phone number from my email that they gave me was: 866-348-2492. And check www.rebatestatus.com to see if it's still listed. I know once I started to wonder where the heck it was (after they told me it was cleared and it was coming) it was no longer listed in their system.

Call them soon though since the whole Sept 16 thing could make it more complicated.
    Wow, check this out. I gave them a call and of course no record of my rebate exists anywhere. The woman at the rebate center referred me to another guy at another part of Amazon (different division, located in Virginia). He verified that I purchased the 180 during the rebate period, and is going to put a $150 credit on my credit card. Kindof a bummer, but at least they took care of it in a friendly convenient way.

Thanks for the phone number - I would have been waiting for the sun to burn out before I did anything. heh

- Matt
  8.    #8  
    hmmm... I wonder if they really lost your rebate application or if conveniently misplaced it in hopes that you would forget about it over time. I'm sure a certain percentage do forget it over time. I mean that's the whole purpose behind making us go through the procedure of filling out an application and sending it in with the UPC and reciept. What purpose does that serve, really? ...when they can just simply credit our credit cards. Instead, they make you send in a form, and then when you call 6 months later 'cause you forgot about it, they can just say "we never received your form, did you send it in? ...oh no, you can't send it in now, the rebate offer has expired." You don't know if they're giving you the business or if the application was lost in the mail... either way you'd be screwed and they save $150 per person.
    Here's my four cents!

General Rule: When mailing any important or legal document that it would be convenient for the receiving party not to receive....................
    ALWAYS USE CERTIFIED MAIL.

Then they can't say, oh.....we never got that .

Because you've got a little piece of paper with their signature that says they received it at the exact date and time it was delivered.

Its the next best thing to a letter from a lawyer. I had an apartment complex that was trying to nickel and dime me after I'd moved out. I sent them a rebuttal letter Certified Mail and told them to reply within 5 days. Shut them right up.

One other note, I don't think check expiration dates are strictly binding. Checks are fairly binding legal documents regardless of the date listed on them. But ...then again...why risk it.
    Originally posted by sketch
    One other note, I don't think check expiration dates are strictly binding. Checks are fairly binding legal documents regardless of the date listed on them. But ...then again...why risk it.
    Yeah. Your right. Cause I don't remember reading anything on Amazon.com's or www.rebatestatus.com's website about having to cash the check by the 16th. If they didn't give it to you would that be like changing the terms of the agreement AFTER they get your money? I bet lawyers would love to jump on this one, if not for free publicity for their firm.
    ok...i did receive my rebate....

so persistence does pay off