Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Now that we have an official announcement about a WebOs Tablet coming in early 2011, I thought it would be fun for people to shoot out some possible specs for this tablet! Or at least some specs they would like to see. So, what are the things you would like to see in this Tablet?? Any calls out to specific Devs that have developed for other platforms to implement things into this OS? Shoot some ideas!

How big of screen?

Processor?

Screen Resolution?

Camera?

and any other specs you want to see!?

Also, now that we have a confirmed tablet, I thought I would point out that HP/Palm has come up with a useful Virtual keyboard, or one is definitely in the works. I for one, am very excited about this! I would definitely like to see an optional virtual keyboard put into WebOS 2.0.

I'm pumped about this announcement, please keep the news comin!

one last thought: Those of you who plan on commenting (complaining) about no announcement of a phone before a tablet, think before you do so. It would have been unwise to make a mobile phone announcement in the Q3 financial results meeting because right now, HP isn't doing too hot in that category at this point in time. Hence the reason they bought Palm. Don't complain about not getting the news you want, be glad we finally got some news we've been waiting for!

-CraziJake
    I can't think of anything more fun than shooting out some possible specs.
    Awwwww yeah! Let's do this!

Screen: 1 bajillion inches
    Resolution: 1 bajillion x 1 bajillion pixels
    CPU: 1 bajillion GHz (with 1 bajillion cores)
    RAM: 1 bajillion
    Camera: I'm not sure about MPs, but all I know is that I want at least 3:front, back, AND side-facing

If it gets all that, I am set. HP is the biggest tech company ever and has the most money ever. I heard they had a lot of engineers (TWO bajillion). I just have to wait and be patient for this stuff to come out. If it doesn't come out next year, well, Palm just got bought out and Apple, Google, and RIM have been out for longer, so that's comparing apples to oranges.
    Damn dude! That seemed kinda childish. It was just a speculation question about what everyone would like to realistically have in the new tablet. Take a chill pill and relax.
    no camera on the WebOS tablet because it wil be wireless docking with the Pre 2. do your mobile stuff with the Pre 2 and then just connect wirelessly with the Tablet.

when you are at a desk or not on the move, pull out the tablet and do your work, watch a movie or brouse the web

this would be my dream.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Wow....

I was hoping for some legitimate posts..aww well, that might have been too much to hope for. I started this thread, mostly because I honestly don't know a bunch about tablets, and was hoping to actually learn what would be a good set of specs to go with a tablet. Thanks anyhow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberiian View Post
    Damn dude! That seemed kinda childish. It was just a speculation question about what everyone would like to realistically have in the new tablet. Take a chill pill and relax.
    I think his issue is that there must be about 50 threads already started on this same topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    I think his issue is that there must be about 50 threads already started on this same topic.
    By the sounds of it you have spent your time reading every one of them... so I ask... why?

You do have the choice to ignore any thread suggesting it may be speculative in nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by tman9476 View Post
    By the sounds of it you have spent your time reading every one of them... so I ask... why?

You do have the choice to ignore any thread suggesting it may be speculative in nature.
    Hey, I'm just the messenger. Shoot the guy who made the post... not me!
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Actually the hardware will rock for a few reasons...tablets have more room to cram stuff in.

Apple's echo system is designed to convey one thing, what we provide you is all you need and we should know...we set the sky in motion. Why would Apple not put in a camera or two camera's on the iPad for that matter....because god spoke and everyone in Apple's R&D ran in fear.

HP/Palm should have a front and dual rear facing cameras that take 10mp each and 3D video. If I'm going to dream you might as will Dream Big. Not sure how you would view the videos without carrying those awful glasses, but if Nintendo can do it...HP and Palm can do it. Actually, they could record in 3D and only show the left or right on the PalmPad leaving their 60" HP 3D TVs the interface for true 3D output. Kinda defeats the purpose, but I'm still thinking about the concept.

Jim, I appreciate where you are coming from with the notion of axing the camera, but Skype is a HUGE up-sell over the iPad and easily something they should not have left out. Can you imagine dual camera and Skype having multiple video conversations (one from front, one user in back, and Skype conference providing the third). Facetime open source would also help extensively hear and open the PalmPad to outside users not interested in Apple's closed environment, but still provide the option to share Facetime with iPhone 4g friends and family.

Misc stuff that just makes since:

1. Expansion Ports (USB, IR, Bluetooth, Wifi, SD, and useful Touchstone docking station for HDMI and other WIFI control interfacing that simply won't fit)
    2. Multiple Gesture Areas...why waste the edge of these units...great idea in the Palm Pre and I would love the upgrade and extension on the PalmPad
    3. Rear Controls - Mouse Buttons or otherwise with the option to disable. No one is even thinking about the backside of these units....start thinking outside the box.
    4. Dual Core, RAM, Storage (external expansion to offset the cost), Touch Screen tech to die for, and Battery Life that's usable (my Sprint Pre now lasts about 6-hours with Govnah managment, but still not quite good enough)

My two cents, Sorli...
    Last edited by sorli; 08/19/2010 at 10:27 PM.
    my sprint pre is clocked to 1.2ghz and I get about 4% DPH... No idea why your pre lasts only 6 hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    my sprint pre is clocked to 1.2ghz and I get about 4% DPH... No idea why your pre lasts only 6 hours.
    Oh that's easy...I don't know what I'm doin with Uberkernel and Govnah.

Actually, that reminds me...I need to find a forum message for optimal Uberkernel and Govnah setting. Thanks for the reminder and for that matter share your settings! Sorli...
    I used UK awhile ago but from what I remember my settings were screenstate at 500 min 800 max with 48mb compache.
    As far as names go I think it would be cool if they kept the "P" theme of Pre and Pixi.

I was thinking something like "The Palm Phoenix."

I think that is a cool name because it signifies rebirth, and Palm has just risen up from the ashes yet again.

I would LOVE to own a Pheonix.

What do you guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by dietel View Post
    As far as names go I think it would be cool if they kept the "P" theme of Pre and Pixi.

I think that is a cool name because it signifies rebirth, and Palm has just risen up from the ashes yet again.

What do you guys think?
    I think that would be a great Name for the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dietel View Post

What do you guys think?
    I swear I wrote literally the exact same thing on another thread. I even attached an image of the Pheonix from X-Men to my post... for the hardcoreness factor...