1.    #1  
    Anyone else seen this? I kind of like it.

10/GUI : The Video
    Interesting Video, I Can See Alot Of This Being Helpful For WebOS On Other Devices

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    this looks like a knock-off of Microsoft Surface and another demonstration product who's name escapes me. I think the second project was recently cancelled.

Anyway, this is not original or unique, just a good presentation on a fairly common body of work on multi-touch multi-gesture stuff.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    this looks like a knock-off of Microsoft Surface and another demonstration product who's name escapes me. I think the second project was recently cancelled.

Anyway, this is not original or unique, just a good presentation on a fairly common body of work on multi-touch multi-gesture stuff.
    Didn't know if it was original, but I thought it looked intriguing - and would love to be able and use a computer like that.
    Sign me up, I would love to use that. Paired with the familiar feel of WebOS, we could have something quite interesting.
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I don't know, the interface assumes people can actually use multiple fingers on an ever changing environment. Think of how many non-keyboard savvy people use more that 2 fingers to type. To be adapted it needs to be usable by the masses, which is what makes the 2 touch interface of phones so easy for everyone to use. Again, think of regular tools used in day to day life that require more than 2 finger ingratiation and aren't just a "grab" use. There aren't many that I use beyond my 8 button mouse and keyboard.

I'm just trying to point out the simplicity in what a normal human expects when interacting with a tool like a mouse. Being able to use 10 fingers to do something doesn't mean it's going to be usable by the majority of people. That's why there are different levels of mice. Which leads me to my armchair conclusion, any touch interface that requires more than 2 fingers per hand for precise gestures or movement will not become a mainstream interface like the window and mouse. If there are added gestures with more fingers, great, but knowing and being able to do them must not be a requirement for manipulating the interface.

PS I don't consider keyboards an exception since they can be used entirely with 1 finger when combined with a mouse in modern OS's.

PSS Again, this is all armchair expert observations
    Last edited by Honis; 08/20/2010 at 01:45 AM. Reason: grammar and I actually use an 8 button trackball mouse
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    I don't know, the interface assumes people can actually use multiple fingers on an ever changing environment. Think of how many non-keyboard savvy people use more that 2 fingers to type. To be adapted it needs to be usable by the masses, which is what makes the 2 touch interface of phones so easy for everyone to use. Again, think of regular tools used in day to day life that require more than 2 finger ingratiation and aren't just a "grab" use. There aren't many that I use beyond my 8 button mouse and keyboard.

I'm just trying to point out the simplicity in what a normal human expects when interacting with a tool like a mouse. Being able to use 10 fingers to do something doesn't mean it's going to be usable by the majority of people. That's why there are different levels of mice. Which leads me to my armchair conclusion, any touch interface that requires more than 2 fingers per hand for precise gestures or movement will not become a mainstream interface like the window and mouse. If there are added gestures with more fingers, great, but knowing and being able to do them must not be a requirement for manipulating the interface.

PS I don't consider keyboards an exception since they can be used entirely with 1 finger when combined with a mouse in modern OS's.

PSS Again, this is all armchair expert observations

exactly, it's to many functions to remember... Maybe going all the way t'ill 3 touch for "optional, and advance" functions only, but for standard day to day use, two fingers.. I like how it groups things when you zoom out. But i'm wondering why it didn't do it 2 dimensionally, like make programs of the same category be vertical, instead of horizontal. Wouldn't work for webos, cause that's how you close app, but would work for that.
    Resistive touch surface? No thanks.