Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    these specs are all bull**** no truth to what phone arena says... I visit the site all the time and they are only accurate about 65% of the time and this looks like a complete falsehood. (both the specs and it being a verizon phone) the 2ndgen pre will first be released by Sprint. Mark my words
    Quote Originally Posted by shotyme View Post
    My network would be all N, but sinceI havemy Pre, I have to run both G and N.

this is the main reason i would want the new phone to support N. My whole home network is N. Sometimes running N and G makes my network act kind of finicky. Trying to run on 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz, having it switch messes things up at times.
    ummm guys,

I am pretty sure they just listed the Pre's specs with some minor estimations. From the article the source did not reveal any specs as it sounds like Palm is not leaking anything.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I didn't see this posted yet. I don't know how reliable this guys is, but he says that according to Verizon's roadmap, the next WebOS phone, which he refers to as the "Palm Pre 2" will be arriving sometime in October. He didn't know if it would include WebOS 2.0 or not.

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...RSKH4ATMY32JVN
    It's been posted. And on a scale of 1 to unreliable, id say this is unreliable. And then some. Is it coming? Yes. In October? Doubtful.

http://forums.precentral.net/future-palm-devices/
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Well, I have no skin in that game as I'm with Sprint. But it's somewhat supported by Phonearena: (no specs, but lists October release on Verizon)

Palm Pre 2 (Phone Arena)
    Quote Originally Posted by mmarcus View Post
    Well, I have no skin in that game as I'm with Sprint. But it's somewhat supported by Phonearena: (no specs, but lists October release on Verizon)

Palm Pre 2 (Phone Arena)
    Hey, I'm all for it. I'd LOVE to see new hardware in 4 weeks. But on the other hand, if they are really this close to releasing a new phone, but haven't started ANY hype yet... well... I'd imagine sales won't be stellar.
    Verizon acts like the pre isn't in their stores so even if it does show up we won't hear much about it from Verizon....
    Really? I doubt it. Verizon is pretty Android crazy right now. But, if it is coming in October I will definately get it on my next upgrade. But that won't be until Christmas 2011. And Palm is never good with reaching release dates *cough* flash *cough*.

I really hope this is true though. It'd be great to have a phone to look forward to when my upgrade rolls around.
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    palm's been okay with release dates so far... Flash is an adobe release, palm doesn't have much control over it. The only bad thing about palm is that when they say quarter 4 2010, they mean : December 31st... Might change now that hp's in charge.
    LOL, because Verizon will be ready to sell a new WebOS 2.0 device by October. Wait! They have not even released 1.4.5! This article is a total joke....
    It is what it is. If it comes out on VZ in October then great there is the new phone every one has been whating for. If not well just another rumor that has come and gone. It wil come no matter what carrier it will come. Trust me I would love it to be sprint 1st as much as the next person but at this point I just want to see them compete. So if sprit gets it 2nd or 3rd so be it.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I dont get why the Pre 2 would go to verizon first after how they treated the Pre Plus.

First they ruined it with Mothers day ads, then they pushed it to the side to sell their "droids".

Sprint was the ones who took a chance and pushed the Palm pre first so they defeinitely should get the second iteration before anyone else.
    Been saying from day one its going to be verizon. AS I said in a previous thread ( I work for a motorola sub and we deal with at&t , verizona and Sprint) and the word from the sprint folks I talked to was always that they had issues with Palm. And had no interst in revisiting webos again.( Sprint is also Android crazy now) Granted this was before the merger. New faces and opinions. SO I am inclined to think this rumor of a phone for verizon may be legit. I am a sprint customer and I cant get this as my upgrade isnt until June its very irritating that Sprint may not get a webos phone. Then again maybe after some time OR if verizon messes up the phone like they did to the Pre Plus it will be on othber carries. Verison who is Droid Crazy will not push this or do anything good for it unless it was released as the Palm Pre Droid. AT&T is looking for a successor for the Iphone. they would have been perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Been saying from day one its going to be verizon. AS I said in a previous thread ( I work for a motorola sub and we deal with at&t , verizona and Sprint) and the word from the sprint folks I talked to was always that they had issues with Palm. And had no interst in revisiting webos again.( Sprint is also Android crazy now) Granted this was before the merger. New faces and opinions. SO I am inclined to think this rumor of a phone for verizon may be legit. I am a sprint customer and I cant get this as my upgrade isnt until June its very irritating that Sprint may not get a webos phone. Then again maybe after some time OR if verizon messes up the phone like they did to the Pre Plus it will be on othber carries. Verison who is Droid Crazy will not push this or do anything good for it unless it was released as the Palm Pre Droid. AT&T is looking for a successor for the Iphone. they would have been perfect.
    hp will have to spend alot advertising it themselves. Once it starts selling like crazy, Networks will want them. They're not idiots, they go where the money is. Currently it's anrdoid, and Iphone.
    Yeah thats true. HP has the funds to blitz advertise . Palm really did not. Just if history is a guide , when ( If) its released on verison will verizon really push it. They didnt seem to care much for the pre plus. HP should release on multiple networks. there not android or iphone. they need to get alot f devices out there in as many networks as they can. JUst on verizon its doomed again ( only my opinion).If it is only one carrier I still say AT&T would have been the perfect partner. Verizon and Sprint android central now. AT&T is losing the iphone exclusiveity. they are not really android crazy yet and would advertise the heck out of a new webos phone. again just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    N is of little or no added value over G for small embedded devices like smartphones. They don't have the antenna space or power to take advantage of the increased range, and if 54MiB is not enough bandwidth for your smartphone, you're doing something HIGHLY unusual.
    It is when you have a lot of walls in your house, G drops horribly compared to N which i can get from anywhere in my house (and i dont have a big house or anything, just the number of walls cause a drop in reception)

As long as the pre 2 has,

Bigger hi res screen
    Better battery
    Quicker CPU and more ram
    Better camera on the back (not too bothered about a front one)
    A slide out keyboard
    more internal memory
    a light notification system...one of the best things about the pre and its centre button imo
    More refined OS, with better google integration, faster scrolling, better web browser, an onscreen keyboard, better IM integration,
    I wonder if they could do a light system like BBs and have different colors. Then you could assign a color to email, text, facebook, etc...
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    This "list" of specs is nothing more than what could be said about the Pre/Pixi. It's software based on WebOS, of course it can do what's listed. We've heard more from the software logs than is even listed there. Oh well. Good to hear about the possible release date though.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post

thats strange because not only my insiders at sprint, but also my request for Info from sprint (that I submited here a couple of months ago) state that Sprint and Palm relationship is very much intact and will be carring devices in the future. I also have word that Sprints verison of the next webos device is coming in october, november time frame. So im not sure what information everyone is getting, but to my knowledge out of the carriers Sprint has the most Webos users, and still has a great relationship and the reason Verizon is being considered with the sprint Verison is because production will not be strainious due to both networks being CDMA. Also my source states AT&T will be getting it as well, but most likely next year due to them just releasing the plus version, and their sales are pretty solid so far.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast