Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Hi guys,

I was just wondering what everyone thought about the HP owning palm now. Will the Palm name die out and every WebOS product become a HP product not a Palm product? More importantly will WebOS last in HP's hands?

Any thoughts post here (: Interested to see what people think will happen in the future..
    no. it's not the end. now let's close this silly thread.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Lets just hope for the best... That's my thought on the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    +1 ... There's much better silly threads.

http://m.forums.precentral.net/off-topic/257152-my-dear-sweet-babycakes-blaize-has-agreed-send-special-pm.html

there are probably 15 of them, all based in the same level of speculation as this one.

VooDoo has thrived after several years being part of HP. Why do we have to keep posting doom and gloom?

Reserve yours today!
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Well, HP aren't exactly doing much. They just say they are and they kept delaying 1.4.5
    there are probably 15 of them, all based in the same level of speculation as this one.

VooDoo has thrived after several years being part of HP. Why do we have to keep posting doom and gloom?
    Whatchu say about me boy?
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    Whatchu say about me boy?
    well, you survived... but I was talking about VooDoo PC

Reserve yours today!

Very true. And Compaq handhelds (Ipaq) have languished, so it's impossible to say.
    well, you survived... but I was talking about VooDoo PC
    Ahh the Evny line, My greatest achievement
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Surely it's the end of the Palm name though, why keep it?
    why worry?

besides, they just relaunched the compaq name. They kept the VooDoo name.
    why worry?

besides, they just relaunched the compaq name. They kept the VooDoo name.
    Wait, they did keep the VooDoo name? I thought thats what the Envys are now?
    voodoopc.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammo View Post
    Well, HP aren't exactly doing much. They just say they are and they kept delaying 1.4.5
    Yes, they haven't checked in with you and me, so they obviously aren't doing much. Personally, if HP doesn't send me a weekly update I figure all 150,000 employees are just sitting around not working on projects. And the 1.4.5 update isn't being held up by HP or Palm... that's a carrier issue.

Still trying to figure if this thread is going anywhere, or if it is DOA.
    HP has 300,000 employees. One half of the company doesn't know what the other half is doing, apparently.

that's usually the case when you make a $billion acquisition... You let it sit idle and die.
    Darn Google lied to me again then

Oops.. nope my mistake... the result i looked at was '05. They are up to 309,000 now. Wonder if that includes Palm... If it doesn't the total would be up to 309,045.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yes, they haven't checked in with you and me, so they obviously aren't doing much. Personally, if HP doesn't send me a weekly update I figure all 150,000 employees are just sitting around not working on projects. And the 1.4.5 update isn't being held up by HP or Palm... that's a carrier issue.

Still trying to figure if this thread is going anywhere, or if it is DOA.
    I'm votin DOA fwiw
    Doa ftw

below is a thread created just to prevent more threads like this one:

http://forums.precentral.net/off-top...thread-tm.html
    Last edited by Workerb33; 08/17/2010 at 12:31 AM.
    Realistically, it's a question of brand recognition and loyalty. Considering how much sympathy the average person feels for Palm as a brand name, it would probably be best from a business standpoint to all but can it. It can live on for those who like the brand, but I wouldn't expect the bulk of webOS devices to be branded Palm... if the scientific inquiry that is doubtlessly being staged right now finds that people do not like the Palm name that much. Which I sadly find likely.

(prediction: only flagship webOS products will be branded Palm in the future, and ads will cash in on the fact that Palm is to handheld computers as Mercedes-Benz is to motor vehicles)

Then again, even though I'd be sad to see the Palm brand go (don't laugh at me - but I really really like the palm logo) I fail to understand what the big deal about Palm losing its independence or even vanishing from the marketplace as a brand is.
    I love my Pre. Love it. But what if my next phone isn't branded Palm, but HP? It'll be running webOS, and that is what makes the Pre great... I may like the Palm logo, but I don't like it THAT much.

If you've been using Palm since the 20th century, I can totally get it. But I don't think a lot of even you should be in that deep of an emotional, nostalgic relationship with Palm. It's a company... Heck, now it's only a brand. I understand its historical significance, but still. Maybe you're too deeply invested in a consumerist lifestyle if you beat yourself up about the brand of your telephone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast