Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Latest rumor is that HP is going to make some type of WebOS related announcement Thursday. I'll believe it when I see it but has anyone else heard this or would anyone like to guess what the announcement will be...
    Where did the rumor come from? Do you have a link of any kind? There's nothing on the wires, tech blogs, RSS feeds, anywhere I can find even mentioning the 19th. Love to see your source of the rumor.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/15/2010 at 05:22 PM.
    August 19th is the day HP's earnings report is due to their shareholders, and it would be wise for them to reveal the new phones to the public so that their stocks would rise/keep people onboard. It is also before the Epic 4g launches on Sprint (31st) so they can keep more people from jumping overboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    Latest rumor is that HP is going to make some type of WebOS related announcement Thursday. I'll believe it when I see it but has anyone else heard this or would anyone like to guess what the announcement will be...
    Link pleeze: We have a lot of words on the forum.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by utey View Post
    I have been a user longer than sub150 check my join date, and I have to say Palm has been close to losing me before. All I needed was a contract to expire and a better OS to go to. Palm has always done just enough to keep me. I have been off contract for the past three months. Supposedly HP is in quiet mode until Friday the 19th. (according to [url= are the champions! Oh wait… nevermind, we aren’t | webOSroundup[/url] and [url] ) So we will wait and see. Meanwhile Google is sending out new updates and innovative tweaks frequently. The next WebOS phone has got to be up there with the big boys or after 13 years with a Palm device in my pocket I may finally have to move on.
    There you go
    There you go
    You got jokes. Huh?
    That's your 'source'?? A post from another member in a P|C thread citing another post in the Comments section of an article on a website? There's an earnings report coming out, but that's a normal corporate announcement and not referred to in your source. I would be surprised if anything more was released since it isn't normal for product info to be talked about during a basic earnings call.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/15/2010 at 06:10 PM.
    The August 19th date came up when Webosroundup invited HP's Rahul Sood + PRPRPR $persons$. $Towards$ $the$ $Q$/$A$ $part$ ($at$ $the$ $last$ $20mins$ $or$ $so$) $they$ $said$ $they$ $MIGHT$ $have$ $some$ $announcement$ $at$ $the$ $earning$ $reports$ $time$ $which$ $is$ $August$ $19th$: Link
    Thanks darkzone.. was updating when you posted. According to the finance sites, it's just a normal earnings call and release. Very doubtful of any announcement outside of earnings considering the stockholder's lawsuit. Looks like any earnings report would be simply to address that issue.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    That's your 'source'?? A post from another member in a P|C thread citing another post in the Comments section of an article on a website? There's an earnings report coming out, but that's a normal corporate announcement and not referred to in your source. I would be surprised if anything more was released since it isn't normal for product info to be talked about during a basic earnings call.
    And a Sprint rep is more credible... Right...
    And a Sprint rep is more credible... Right...
    Huh? I don't see anything in this thread about a Sprint rep. There are posts in the forums that have rumors from reps as you stated, but where does that fit into this discussion and where did I mention it? For the record, I have never put stock in any 'leak' or 'rumor' unless it is a direct and full announcement from the company (HP or Palm) themselves.
    Rahul Sood said he would be st palm then 'to learn more' but there was no implication of any announcement.
    Last edited by Workerb33; 08/15/2010 at 06:34 PM.
  13.    #13  
    I'm not saying this is going to happen I just thought I would join in and make a thread about a far fetched rumor.
    very far fetched. Thank goodness because we don't have enough of those.
    They will be announcing on the 20th (you were close, but no cigar) that I, Voodoochild, will be the successor of Mark Hurd as CEO of HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    They will be announcing on the 20th (you were close, but no cigar) that I, Voodoochild, will be the successor of Mark Hurd as CEO of HP.
    Remember the people who knew you when....
    I guess it's better to hear something, no matter how unfounded, than nothing.
    Just call me Berd.
    I listened to the webOSroundup podcast with Rahul Sood. Both he and the PRPRPR $lady$ $seemed$ $to$ $indicate$ $a$ $lot$ $of$ $the$ $silence$ $from$ $HP$ $has$ $to$ $do$ $with$ $waiting$ $until$ $the$ $19th$ $for$ $the$ $earnings$ $call$. $Not$ $sure$ $what$ $would$ $hinder$ $them$ $from$ $talking$ $about$ $future$ $products$ $until$ $then$ $but$ $it$ $seemed$ $very$ $clearly$ $implied$. $They$ $did$ $not$ $however$ $indicate$ $that$ $any$ $product$ $announcements$ $would$ $be$ $made$ $on$ $the$ $19th$ $or$ $any$ $time$ $close$ $to$ $the$ $19th$. $I$ $think$ $what$ $would$ $be$ $a$ $more$ $realistic$ $expectation$ $is$ $that$ $after$ $the$ $19th$ $we$ $should$ $start$ $hearing$ $some$ $detailed$ $rumors$ $about$ $future$ $products$ $that$ $HP$ $will$ $be$ $releasing$ $with$ $webOS$ $on$ $board$.
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    I listened to the webOSroundup podcast with Rahul Sood. Both he and the PRPRPR $lady$ $seemed$ $to$ $indicate$ $a$ $lot$ $of$ $the$ $silence$ $from$ $HP$ $has$ $to$ $do$ $with$ $waiting$ $until$ $the$ $19th$ $for$ $the$ $earnings$ $call$. $Not$ $sure$ $what$ $would$ $hinder$ $them$ $from$ $talking$ $about$ $future$ $products$ $until$ $then$ $but$ $it$ $seemed$ $very$ $clearly$ $implied$. $They$ $did$ $not$ $however$ $indicate$ $that$ $any$ $product$ $announcements$ $would$ $be$ $made$ $on$ $the$ $19th$ $or$ $any$ $time$ $close$ $to$ $the$ $19th$. $I$ $think$ $what$ $would$ $be$ $a$ $more$ $realistic$ $expectation$ $is$ $that$ $after$ $the$ $19th$ $we$ $should$ $start$ $hearing$ $some$ $detailed$ $rumors$ $about$ $future$ $products$ $that$ $HP$ $will$ $be$ $releasing$ $with$ $webOS$ $on$ $board$.
    Typically the withholding of new information prior to an earnings call is the precursor to unexpected/undesirable news. Folks may be walking on eggshells right now at HP given the top management has been fired and a successor has not been named.
    they already preannounced good news...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast