Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    But, the new product..assuming it is a phone, would have been in development before the HP purchase...I would think High level sprint people knew about the phone a while ago
    I certainly agree that it's better to do business by announcing a new product as close to its release date as possible, but that was never the Palm way. Anything that Palm had in development before the buyout would've been announced by now, if its release was in any way imminent. I mean, they announced the Pre in January 2009, and it didn't come out until that June.
    Global Posts
    716 Global Posts
    For those who say they will use their Pre or Pre Plus for 3+ years, that isn't terribly realistic based on how quickly the smartphone industry is advancing. This isn't saying that it won't last that long, but considering that the cell phone industry is advancing so quickly at this point, NONE of us will want to use our devices for more than two more years.

Look at the dual-core processors that are going to be released this year as an example, and look at the PC market. You don't BUY a computer without at least a dual-core processor unless you don't have a clue these days, just because it makes a computer that much more responsive. The same applies to cell phones and multi-tasking. When dual-core processors are in EVERY smartphone released in 2011-2012, those who use a WebOS device today won't want to have a device without one.

Why do we feel WebOS is better? Simple answer, multi-tasking and how we interact with applications. Since multi-tasking is a key to why we prefer our devices, a dual-core processor will just be a natural "must have" for most of us once we use a device with one.

When it comes to the next generation of HPalm devices, HP SHOULD start the marketing, at least to say that SOMETHING big is on the way. If you think the mobile devices you use now are good, something great is just around the corner.

Release would be the 3.9 inch screen version of the Pre Plus(so same overall look, just bigger, even with the same proportions of screen to keyboard), bigger battery, dual core processor, 512MB or 1GB of RAM, 32 or 64GB of storage, and HDMI connection for games/apps, not just video output for select apps.
    I got my Pre at 10 am the day it came out on Sprint. I want new hardware badly. Monday, I will pick up my 6th Pre due to hardware issues. However, its webOS that has me hooked. I was offered a Pixi or a Samsung Moment in exchange for the pre I took in. Without a blink, I said, no thanks, Pre again. I honestly would rather wait for new hardware that has the TI OMAP4, which to my knowledge can't be ready that soon (sept). Point is, I really hope that a new device won't be here in September, even though I'm dying for new hardware, as I want the next device to just blow everything else out the water (TI OMAP4 WILL DO THAT). Is it conceivable that they would announce a phone in September, even though the chips aren't ready until December?
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    Well,
    Verizon is the biggest cellphone carrier in the US. If Palm really wants more people I suggest they give some new hardware to Verizon too. But, I also think Sprint should get new hardware.

... cause that worked out so great the first time around.

Verizon is a Google-bot. They're focusing on Android. They're going to use the 'behemoth' line when it comes time to get the Iphone deal w/ Apple. Palm is watching Samsung, implement what they tried to do. All carriers.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtclosson View Post
    Proper Grammer IS fer DORKS wHo ain't got no life.... yeah!
    No it's not. My father is an english teacher. Proper english is for those who don't like confusing others.
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dingwall1 View Post
    I got my Pre at 10 am the day it came out on Sprint. I want new hardware badly. Monday, I will pick up my 6th Pre due to hardware issues. However, its webOS that has me hooked. I was offered a Pixi or a Samsung Moment in exchange for the pre I took in. Without a blink, I said, no thanks, Pre again. I honestly would rather wait for new hardware that has the TI OMAP4, which to my knowledge can't be ready that soon (sept). Point is, I really hope that a new device won't be here in September, even though I'm dying for new hardware, as I want the next device to just blow everything else out the water (TI OMAP4 WILL DO THAT). Is it conceivable that they would announce a phone in September, even though the chips aren't ready until December?
    I agree. At most in sept they can say it'll come with a snapdragon @ 1.3ghz, which would be lackluster compared to an omap4. They should also drop the low-end spectrum for now. It should just be different form factors with the same hardware. It's like using win7 on high end hardware vs low end hardware. You would expect the webos experience to be the same across all devices, not semi-laggy on one and smooth on another.
    OP hasn't replied once yet. I call troll.
    I think they will announce new harware makes more since...
    Yeah i agree. Hopefully they announce new hardware in sept, and release it in october. C'mon Palm i'm tired of waiting. I'm getting tempted to switch to android or wm7. i'm trying hard not to.
    How about they announce something in the next few weeks and launch in September?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    September is in like two weeks so they dont have much time if they are gunna announce it and release it...
    isn't something going on, on aug 18th? Maybe they will announce then.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    No it's not. My father is an english teacher. Proper english is for those who don't like confusing others.
    Well stated. Everybody makes mistakes, but to not even try is inexcusable. When I evaluate a job candidate, my first focus is the cover letter. If they can't write, I toss the resume.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    isn't something going on, on aug 18th? Maybe they will announce then.
    August 19th is the earnings report
    I love my Pre :P

Follow me on Twitter!
    I've had my Sprint Palm Pre since day 1 and I'm struggling with 8 gigs of space. Plus I really wish my Palm Pre was faster, had better battery and an EVO screen. That is all I need. WebOS is really awesome!
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I'd like new tech, too, BUT, I would be satisfied with a Pre+ in the meantime on Sprint so that I wouldn't have to pick and choose which music to put on my Pre. Just put it all on there (about 10 GB worth) and it would hold me until the nest Palm comes out with one of those new-fangled microSD card slots (like my Centro had, if I remember right....)
    ...back on topic...

My general impression is that people are anticipating some news on earnings release day later this week. What makes people believe this? When Hurd was fired, they pre-announced what they would have already announced on earnings release day, in order to keep the stock from dropping too far. That is, HPQ beat the street. If there was something to say on the 19th, they would have already said it. In addition, an earnings conference call is not the best place to announce hardware. That's what press conferences and events are for.
    Ok guys and girls... thread has been cleaned up... can we please get the thread back on-topic?

(stung beat me to it thanks)

Thank you

**Please - any more off-topic posts will be deleted. Please stay on-topic...
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/15/2010 at 09:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    OP hasn't replied once yet. I call troll.
    Maybe there was a reason i didnt reply
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dougrp View Post
    ....... the dude could not even use proper grammar. file this under complete bs.
    I was told something and i wanted to share it with you guys. You did understand what i wrote which is the main goal here
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast