Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    Yeah, That's how it should be. But since Verizon is doing so well that Palm may want to put new hardware on Verizon, it might be a smarter choice.
    well in this case the smarter choice is the already exsisting webos users waiting for new hardware with upgrades in hand.
    So they're going to launch it within 2 weeks of Samsung's Epic4G? I highly doubt that.
    ....... the dude could not even use proper grammar. file this under complete bs.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/15/2010 at 04:54 AM.
    As with anything Palm related lately, I'll believe it when I see it. The release/launch/update dates from Palm have no credibility anymore.

However my Pre is kicking ****. I'm going to use it for as long as it works. 5, maybe 10 years if possible!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Well.... I have very little faith that the Pre, or Webos for that matter will be much more than a niche hobbyland from here on out. If Palm was serious about being a part of this market, they would have done MUCH more with their webos.... I've had my pre since 11/09 and honestly, except for the upgrade to allow for taking videos, I haven't seen any enhancements in the upgrades that have been worth screwing up my patches, etc. How about a device that have voice command... I mean REALLY!!! Don't bet your phone future on Palm, webos, the Pre or Sprint for that matter. It's a shame too, because the Pre had a lot of potential.... and the Homebrew folks have done their best, but Palm seems less than interested... and where they do make improvements, it will be on NEW devices (Pre +) on new providers.... until we break this DEVICE=PROVIDERS crap that only the USA seems to be stuck with, we're gonna continue to get screwed. HEY HP.... DO YOU HEAR US???? Yeah, like they care..... it's been real.... guess I'll end up be assimilated into the BORG that is the IPHONE!
    CrazyGus lives inside my head!
    oops,i miss typed absolute.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Proper Grammer IS fer DORKS wHo ain't got no life.... yeah!
    CrazyGus lives inside my head!
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    oops,i miss typed absolute.

mistyped*
    Quote Originally Posted by jtclosson View Post
    Well.... I have very little faith that the Pre, or Webos for that matter will be much more than a niche hobbyland from here on out. If Palm was serious about being a part of this market, they would have done MUCH more with their webos.... I've had my pre since 11/09 and honestly, except for the upgrade to allow for taking videos, I haven't seen any enhancements in the upgrades that have been worth screwing up my patches, etc. How about a device that have voice command... I mean REALLY!!! Don't bet your phone future on Palm, webos, the Pre or Sprint for that matter. It's a shame too, because the Pre had a lot of potential.... and the Homebrew folks have done their best, but Palm seems less than interested... and where they do make improvements, it will be on NEW devices (Pre +) on new providers.... until we break this DEVICE=PROVIDERS crap that only the USA seems to be stuck with, we're gonna continue to get screwed. HEY HP.... DO YOU HEAR US???? Yeah, like they care..... it's been real.... guess I'll end up be assimilated into the BORG that is the IPHONE!
    I think webOS will be the Mac OS of the smartphone world. It will stay niche for a few more years, then will pick up steam as people figure out that it is a very robust OS that is easy to use. The Palm brand will become a fashion statement because nobody has them.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by jtclosson View Post
    If Palm was serious about being a part of this market, they would have done MUCH more with their webos.... I've had my pre since 11/09 and honestly, except for the upgrade to allow for taking videos, I haven't seen any enhancements in the upgrades that have been worth screwing up my patches, etc. How about a device that have voice command... I mean REALLY!!! It's a shame too, because the Pre had a lot of potential.... and the Homebrew folks have done their best, but Palm seems less than interested

Yes, this has made me uneasy also. If something important, you work on it. Or at least say something is going to happen.
    http://<font color="Navy">Poll: Requ...r webOS</font>

Coming soon-Calm Alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Palm Pimp.
    Comes with 2 free Pixis.
    I highly doubt this is true. HP doesn't like their products to leak and they wouldn't have told Sprint reps about their future products because they know situations like this would happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by concept1 View Post
    mistyped*
    mis-typed
    >Sept 15 is way too soon... Pre didn't come out until around 6 months after it was announced. Consider that. There needs to be some time between when this product gets announced and when it is released.

I predict a December launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I think webOS will be the Mac OS of the smartphone world. It will stay niche for a few more years, then will pick up steam as people figure out that it is a very robust OS that is easy to use. The Palm brand will become a fashion statement because nobody has them.
    Unless hp spends hundreds of millions on advertising, and getting developers, then it will happen. If hp spends that amount, gets 10 million people using the device, get apps. Then Hp can send a team of people helping palm make web-os an enterprise os. Then they can hit the weakest player with a large market share, RIM while there down.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I played with an EVO the other day. Such a pretty, pretty screen.

Hope HP/PALM have something nice coming out.

Of course, I have another year and some change on my contract with Verizon, so they have plenty of time to win my vote...

I feel for you guys on Sprint. Plus wasn't plus much, but it was plus something.

Now we just ALL need some rocking hardware.
    Original science fiction, fantasy and comics for WebOS - Galactic Beacon: Volume 1
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    Unless hp spends hundreds of millions on advertising, and getting developers, then it will happen. If hp spends that amount, gets 10 million people using the device, get apps. Then Hp can send a team of people helping palm make web-os an enterprise os. Then they can hit the weakest player with a large market share, RIM while there down.
    HP is already touting the easy to develop web based apps for webos in the enterprise. At least they did with the corporation I work for.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Did he leave a prototype at the bar that you can sell to gizmoto? lol!
    better not bloody come out. I just bought my AT&T Pre Plus, and spent 'too' much trouble getting it to work in Australia!
    But thats technology for you!
    Anyway, it figures, roughly 6 months between releases it seems... so far.
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I highly doubt this is true. HP doesn't like their products to leak and they wouldn't have told Sprint reps about their future products because they know situations like this would happen.
    But, the new product..assuming it is a phone, would have been in development before the HP purchase...I would think High level sprint people knew about the phone a while ago
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    mis-typed
    no dash in 'mistyped'
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast