Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 269
  1. #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    Anyone know how long webOS 1.0 was in actual beta form for before the Pre was announced? I've no idea how many beta versions of 2.0 we'll see (I'm guessing at least 3), nor how quickly they will come. But, if Palm are known for long / short beta periods, then that may give a very teeny-tiny-small indication as to when:
    • 2.0 goes gold.
    • 2.0 and Roadrunner get announced.
    • A few days later we all rush out and buy our new devices running it
    The Pre released in June 09 with webOS 1.02. I suspect webOS was in Beta (or even Alpha) when the Pre was announced back in Jan 09. Given that they wouldn't allow anyone to touch a Pre unsupervised (one-on-one) until April 09, my guess is WebOS came out of Beta in mid-to-late May 2009.

    Here's a benchmark for you: Apple originally released the iPhone OS SDK on 6 March 2008 and opened the App Store (and began selling the iPhone 3GS) on 11 July 2008. So the time span between SDK release and device release was 4 months.

    Here's another benchmark: The Android Beta SDK (not the pre-release version from Nov 2007) was officially released on 18 August 2008. The Android G1 was released on 22 October 2008. So that timespan between SDK Beta release and device release was 2 months.

    A couple of nuggets for thought.
  2. #242  
    ^Thanks Kupe. I may add that the Pre didn't land in the UK until November(ish) 09... 10 months after being announced. Hopefully Palm have learnt not to announce something so far in advance of actually releasing it this time. I really hate speculating (gets me all excited) so I'll STFU right now
  3. bnceo's Avatar
    Posts
    533 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    #243  
    Love how when a guess is (and will) be proven wrong, nobody mans up and says, "You know, I said something in error. My bad. Sorry for my analysis that came out of nowhere".

    The whole "because of labor day" idea has no backing and no previous evidence. It's the same discussions going on like a record. Everything in this thread has been said on countless other threads.

    Basically, enough with the guesses without merit, hints from sales reps or Sprint cashiers. It's pointless because EVERY point has been said already countless times. If you got something a retail manager, district manager, Palm rep, etc said, fine. That's legit.

    Point is, if you say something and it's not true or doesn't come true, man up and admit it. Say you were wrong.
  4. #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post

    Point is, if you say something and it's not true or doesn't come true, man up and admit it. Say you were wrong.


    Isn't that obvious? Why is it needed to say "I was wrong" about something that is obviously wrong? I don't get it.
  5. bnceo's Avatar
    Posts
    533 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Isn't that obvious? Why is it needed to say "I was wrong" about something that is obviously wrong? I don't get it.
    Because I'm just tired of seeing constant threads posting info that is so out there, it makes no sense. It clutters the forum and hurts legit threads from being seen.

    Maybe someone admitting that they were wrong might help prevent someone starting a thread that has no merit or even an hint of legitimacy.
  6. #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Love how when a guess is (and will) be proven wrong, nobody mans up and says, "You know, I said something in error. My bad. Sorry for my analysis that came out of nowhere".

    The whole "because of labor day" idea has no backing and no previous evidence. It's the same discussions going on like a record. Everything in this thread has been said on countless other threads.

    Basically, enough with the guesses without merit, hints from sales reps or Sprint cashiers. It's pointless because EVERY point has been said already countless times. If you got something a retail manager, district manager, Palm rep, etc said, fine. That's legit.

    Point is, if you say something and it's not true or doesn't come true, man up and admit it. Say you were wrong.
    Why is this necessary? The OP clearly identified his post as a rumor. At this point, I appreciate the rumors, as contrasted with hearing nothing from HPalm.
  7. asharrop's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Because I'm just tired of seeing constant threads posting info that is so out there, it makes no sense.
    well i'm not tired of it, so my untireness cancels your tireness out.

    oh, and I found out that the announcement will be next tuesday just after lunch. mountain standard time...
  8. #248  
    Except that we all knew this was never meant as anything but speculation. If you didn't pick up on that, and thought this thread contained legit inside info, then you should be man enough to admit that you were wrong. <deleted by mod>
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Because I'm just tired of seeing constant threads posting info that is so out there, it makes no sense. It clutters the forum and hurts legit threads from being seen.

    Maybe someone admitting that they were wrong might help prevent someone starting a thread that has no merit or even an hint of legitimacy.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/09/2010 at 07:35 PM. Reason: rude
  9. #249  
    Folks... this was just a rumor and not fact. Please bite the tongues if you want to post a rude comment. I don't see a need for pitchforks and bonfires.
  10. #250  
    aww man you mean i have to put away my pitchfork now ?? really ?! geeeez man
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  11. #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Folks... this was just a rumor and not fact. Please bite the tongues if you want to post a rude comment. I don't see a need for pitchforks and bonfires.
    Aweman, I thought the thread starting with Rumor, meant we can say anything. Oh well. I don't have the inside scoop, I don't have any contacts, insiders, people associated w/ Sprint, Palm, or HP so I appreciate any speculation from the people who have sources. Thanks, OP.
  12. #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Why is this necessary? The OP clearly identified his post as a rumor. At this point, I appreciate the rumors, as contrasted with hearing nothing from HPalm.
    At some point, though, it just becomes counterproductive when so many people are clearly just making things up to post in this section.
  13. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #253  
    He doesn't say he is talking about the next Pre, but Rahul tweeted this earlier today:

    "Haha! Many of you don't realize the development time it takes to create new devices.. Wish it was like snapping fingers though "
    about 2 hours ago via Bad Kitty
  14. #254  
    Please!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rumors are just that, but someday those, or some of those rumors come true.
    Let's wait and see...
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
  15. #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Please!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rumors are just that, but someday those, or some of those rumors come true.
    Let's wait and see...

    New rumor: I heard from my friend who used to date a guy who sat next to someone while riding a train to Nantucket who made a video of a guy with white gloves who knows the guy that fixed the leaky faucet in a restroom at a Sprint store where a Sprint rep was overheard saying that Kevin Bacon said the next Palm phone will be announced within the next 3 months!

    I can't wait for this phone to come out! Kevin Bacon would never lie to us.
  16. #256  
    palm would be very happy to leak out info on new hardware. they leaked out info on webos 2.0 cause its a real, viable, almost ready product.

    if they had a new real, viable, almost ready phone, they would do the same. they don't, so they have kept their mouths shut. it's not in their best interest not to leak.
  17. #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Because I'm just tired of seeing constant threads posting info that is so out there, it makes no sense. It clutters the forum and hurts legit threads from being seen.

    Maybe someone admitting that they were wrong might help prevent someone starting a thread that has no merit or even an hint of legitimacy.
    It's wrong to keep posting the same thing over and over again when the point of the posts has become OBE.

    It's wrong to post the exact same thing across multiple threads.

    Now, admit you are wrong, bnceo, and move on with your life.
  18. Traxion's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #258  
    Lets save the drama for your mama...........

    Oh and..... PALM!!!!!!!! I want a new phone....
    "I will go in this way, but I'll find my own way out." -DMB

    Dear Lord,
    Please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.
    Amen.
  19. #259  
    I'm just wondering where I need to go today to get my Pre2, I guess Best Buy would be my best bet since they carry Sprint and Verizon. Gotta find my keys and head out.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
  20. #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    I'm just wondering where I need to go today to get my Pre2, I guess Best Buy would be my best bet since they carry Sprint and Verizon. Gotta find my keys and head out.
    *** mate?

    Well, you would have to go to Palm HQ in California as that's the only place it exists.

Posting Permissions