Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    Sood strongly implied in his facebook post that he is using the new phone.
    Did he? He definitely said he's using webOS 2.0, but I didn't catch any allusions to new hardware. I'll have to read it again...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    the 2.0 was explicit. Regarding the phone, he called it his device. That implies something other than a Pre (at least to me).
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Did he? He definitely said he's using webOS 2.0, but I didn't catch any allusions to new hardware. I'll have to read it again...
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    the 2.0 was explicit. Regarding the phone, he called it his device. That implies something other than a Pre (at least to me).
    Just read it again and while I'd like to agree with you, I'm not convinced. It's been relatively recently that he's tweeted about his replacement Pre Plus (for the one he dropped in a lake).

Now, let me say: I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's using a prototype or field test unit of a new device. I mean, the guy is sure in the right place for it. But, I don't think this particular post confirms that either way.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    @bnceo

This information being wrong doest affect anybody in any way shape or form. There are more things in life to worry about than my post.
    Well duh. No need to state the obvious.

But I am just annoyed that all these people start threads and post about rumors or so called rumors. And when nothing happens in their timelines, they just run away like a bunch of cowards. Acknowledge that your post was wrong and move on. That's all I'm saying. So if by your date nothing is announced or leaked, why can't you just admit that you were wrong?

And once you're wrong, this thread no longer is relevant. Thus, it should be closed.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post

But I am just annoyed that all these people start threads and post about rumors or so called rumors. And when nothing happens in their timelines, they just run away like a bunch of cowards. Acknowledge that your post was wrong and move on. That's all I'm saying. So if by your date nothing is announced or leaked, why can't you just admit that you were wrong?

And once you're wrong, this thread no longer is relevant. Thus, it should be closed.
    Doesn't the OP have a good 4 and a half days before you can troll him out on his possible update trolling?

Regardless, this has been a good 12 pages of discussions. Why come in here being a Negative Nancey. You could have made your same conclusion that this was bogus weeks ago and just ignored this thread completely. It's not like it's bumping back hundreds of more credible rumor threads.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3

Not necessairly.

Good commentary comes out of the discussion, and then, what if the timing is wrong, but much of the information discussed therein is good, or close to being correct?

No harm done.. rumors are just that.

We have several long running threads here that have GREAT insights to all sorts of relevant information, which are constantly appended by members as they learn more on thier own, to disprove or support the threads contention.

IMO, of course.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

you are clearly in the wrong subforum. "future palm devices" = rumors/ideas/guesses

there are NO future palm devices right now, so chill out mang.
    Is Sept 12 the start of the third week of Sept?

If your rumor is false, please apply to have this thread closed and post about how wrong your info was.

k. thx
    I think there are forum members, other than you who are following this thread, contributing and do not find the need to close the thread. Don't speak for the rest of us. If his rumor doesn't come to fruition, you have the option to stop following the thread.
    Is Sept 12 the start of the third week of Sept?

If your rumor is false, please apply to have this thread closed and post about how wrong your info was.

k. thx
    Why would an interesting thread be closed simply because the rumor did not pan out? Discussion is the purpose of a forum, and this thread seems to be engaging in discussion vigorously. If you don't like the topic, possibly you should move on, instead of petitioning to deprive those who do like it.

bnceo
    Member != Moderator

I know, I know, no need to state the obvious...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Why would an interesting thread be closed simply because the rumor did not pan out? Discussion is the purpose of a forum, and this thread seems to be engaging in discussion vigorously. If you don't like the topic, possibly you should move on, instead of petitioning to deprive those who do like it.
    The man has a point....but to appease all I added ? to the title.

<<Thread Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    bnceo;

Seriously,

You know, if you dont like the thread, don't look at it and read it!

Thats a lot of aggravation you can avoid - lotsa power to keep yourself happy, too!

The discussion in here hasnt gotten nasty, personal or unweildy, and HAS provided some great insight and ideas.

If its not your cup of tea, Im sure that there are other threads that would be...

But, for others here, its of value. I know it is for me.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

I won't be holding my breath for a new device to be unveiled any time soon. If anything, all Mr. Sood appears to be doing is increasing the mindshare and presence of webOS. This is a smart move. Percolate speculation until users demand something physical then *BAM*, a new device surfaces with a launch date 2 months away. It could be a good move and I could see Sprint wanting to push out another flagship device to help 4G gain traction. At a $10 premium for 4G access it's just more money in the bank.

I would love to be proven wrong on Friday afternoon or even Monday morning. I don't care when I'm proven wrong, I'd just love to be the defrocked skeptic.
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    thank you all for defending the thread.

If it doesn't pan out at least it kept me hoping which is all we can do at this time. We just have to keep in mind that this is all for fun something that we do to some how forget about all of the real problems we have in life, at least that's what I do. So there is no need to be negative.
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    thank you all for defending the thread.

If it doesn't pan out at least it kept me hoping which is all we can do at this time. We just have to keep in mind that this is all for fun something that we do to some how forget about all of the real problems we have in life, at least that's what I do. So there is no need to be negative.
    But sadly, there are people who just like to argue for the sake of arguing. I'm like you, if it happens, awesome. If it doesn't, it will eventually.
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by modelck View Post
    But sadly, there are people who just like to argue for the sake of arguing. I'm like you, if it happens, awesome. If it doesn't, it will eventually.
    exactly
    Anyone know how long webOS 1.0 was in actual beta form for before the Pre was announced? I've no idea how many beta versions of 2.0 we'll see (I'm guessing at least 3), nor how quickly they will come. But, if Palm are known for long / short beta periods, then that may give a very teeny-tiny-small indication as to when:
    • 2.0 goes gold.
    • 2.0 and Roadrunner get announced.
    • A few days later we all rush out and buy our new devices running it
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    Anyone know how long webOS 1.0 was in actual beta form for before the Pre was announced? I've no idea how many beta versions of 2.0 we'll see (I'm guessing at least 3), nor how quickly they will come. But, if Palm are known for long / short beta periods, then that may give a very teeny-tiny-small indication as to when:
    • 2.0 goes gold.
    • 2.0 and Roadrunner get announced.
    • A few days later we all rush out and buy our new devices running it
    Ok, the only problem with this is nobody knows if 2.0 is in beta or if it is if it's in beta stage 2 or 500. All we know in the SDK is in beta. Not the same thing.
    ^Pick nits all you like but when you've only got a beta SDK you do not have a gold OS. Close, maybe... but no cigar.