Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    That your friend repairs iPhone glass I don't think means the iPhone is any more or less susceptible to breaking than any other phone.

After all, he doesn't see - in comparison - the tens of thousands of phones in his area that don't have broken screens, right?

Any phone - gorilla glass or not - with a glass screen that drops the right way will crack. Period.

Now, that said: I just got an iPhone4 two weeks ago and I set it on my kitchen counter, but only on a towel and it slowly slipped off, and landed three feet down, smack on my ceramic tile floor. Not a scratch. And God knows I dropped my 3G a hundred times.

I would take a more fragile glass phone any day though, over a screen, perhaps more resistant to breaking like plastic, but that easily scratched up when in my purse or pocket.
    I am surprised that the pre isn't more scratch-prone. My wife removed her invisible shield in anticipation of receiving a replacement phone, and after 2 weeks of it rubbing on keys, change, etc. it has one itty-bitty scratch which is only visible at certain angles when the screen is dark. Has anyone else had issues with scratches from average use?

Now back on track:
    Even though "gorilla glass" is supposed to be very durable, I know that I would still get a cover of some sort to go over the screen. How many of you would leave it "naked" if it came with the glass?
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    I will definitely put a screen protecto no matter what type of protection the screen comes with
    I have a launch day Pre, have never used any protection, keep in my pocket, throw it in my bike bag, drop it (once on to train tracks from a high level platform), and it keeps going just fine. Yes, there are some scratches, but they really do not detract from the quality of experience or awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    have never used any protection
    Did your Pre make lots of baby Pixis?
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    Did your Pre make lots of baby Pixis?
    /facepalm
    LOL - I considered replacing the word protection with condom after reading the sentence. But really, I was just using the same word as the previous poster.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    bs story. maybe sept of 2034.
    I just hope that they announce it and release it within the same month. Idk if I could stand another silly season like we had after the Pre was announced at CES 2009
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    I listened to the palmcast interview with Rahul Sood and he mentioned to come back to palmcast for another interview in early September after he does what he needs to do. In my mind all I heard was I will come back in early September after the announcement of the new phone. I'm really hoping for some type of announcement.
    Rahul tweeted yesterday "I have a very full schedule at @palm tomorrow. Phew, it'll be a long day, but looking forward to it!". Let's just hope he's looking forward to the same thing as us
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Here is Rahul's latest tweet--a link leading to a facebook entry.

Q&A with HP's Rahul Sood | Facebook

Here is just one part of his comments: "I am so excited about webOS and Palm I'm finding it hard to contain my enthusiasm!"
    Did you hear that the next WebOS offering will run Android AND Ios at the same time?!?

And that it will have a built-in solar charger?!?
    And that there are going to be lots of poor saps who are going to believe this?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    Rahul tweeted yesterday "I have a very full schedule at @palm tomorrow. Phew, it'll be a long day, but looking forward to it!". Let's just hope he's looking forward to the same thing as us
    Hopes and dreams my friend hopes and dreams...

Anywho, I guess we can debunk this rumor from the pile. If a phone was coming out for a provider next week. I think we'd know. Hell we even had sprint employees breaking silence a week before the pre. Four little stars, even I got to mess with one.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/08/2010 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Language (keep it PG-13) - Please edit posts if auto censored.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    HP and Palm are in a very different situation than the myriad Android manufacturers and Microsoft with WP7...
    Not only that, he overlooked something very significant in his post. He said:
    I think it's pretty interesting that we we are seeing leaks of devices of all sorts over the past couple of weeks coming out this Fall (Androids, Windows Phone 7's, etc.) but not a peep from Palm.
    But, those "leaks" are not coming from Google and Microsoft, at least not attributed to them. There are indeed "leaks" coming out about Palm devices (and WebOS 2). They're all over the place, just not directly from Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    I agree with you 110%!

It is amazing that a firm as large as HP, (whose employees number in the hundreds of thousands), where there are hundreds more than at Palm, that know what Palm will be releasing and approx. when and NO one is talking!

take care,

Jay
    When you work in the IT industry, you hear "secrets" that range from "this is not general knowledge" all the way up to "if word if this leaks, we will track down the source, and they will be fired, no questions asked". Guess which end of that spectrum doesn't leak?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    When you work in the IT industry, you hear "secrets" that range from "this is not general knowledge" all the way up to "if word if this leaks, we will track down the source, and they will be fired, no questions asked". Guess which end of that spectrum doesn't leak?
    That, and some would probably be surprised at just how compartmentalized this information is. There are probably people at Palm who have the device in their office, and the staff in the cubes across the hall have no idea what's in there. And that says nothing about HP, at which only a handful of people might know what's going on (at least, with this particular product launch).
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Yes, HP has a history of seeking out the source of leaks by any means possible. I doubt that culture has changed much in the intervening 5 years.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ldudiaz View Post
    I just finished talking to a high level sprint person and he told me that on the second week, probably the first, a new palm webos device will be introduce. Now we all know how Sprint people are when it comes to information but is good to hope. Also now that Palm people are not talking might be a good sign. Let's just wait and see
    Is Sept 12 the start of the third week of Sept?

If your rumor is false, please apply to have this thread closed and post about how wrong your info was.

k. thx
    Sood strongly implied in his facebook post that he is using the new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    That, and some would probably be surprised at just how compartmentalized this information is. There are probably people at Palm who have the device in their office, and the staff in the cubes across the hall have no idea what's in there. And that says nothing about HP, at which only a handful of people might know what's going on (at least, with this particular product launch).
    Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    @bnceo

This information being wrong doest affect anybody in any way shape or form. There are more things in life to worry about than my post.