Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My sister works for sprint and she just told me that later the palm pre pro will be coming out later this year. Im working on getting a pick of her inventory list. So ill post it when i get it.
    Interesting.....[if true] perhaps that will be an exclusive Sprint name for the Pre + ?

<<Thread Moved>>
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/13/2010 at 04:21 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    I just don't see how it would make any sense to release a pre+ under the name pre pro. At this point in the game, I doubt that anyone would see any benefit going from a pre to a pre+ with a fancy name. Consumers want new hardware, and even if palm doesn't know that, I'm sure that HP does.
    I don't think the strategy (assuming my theory is true) would be "new hardware for current Pre users." It would be better hardware then they currently have for new users....much the same as O2 just started doing in Deutschland.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    it would not be a pre plus. That would be stupid. A new device is more likely and I would bet the house it will launch on sprint first.
    I can see them releaseing a Pre Plus with something more. maybe a better camera etc. Kind of like when they released the better pres as the Plus. ( added memory , better keyboard) something a little more added the Pro. Makes sense I guess but still not something that I see going over big. Agree with the above just stupid.
    Thanks for the news, Kunedogg. I'm looking forward to hearing anything more. I'm not so sure that Palm would put out a "new" device with the word Pre associated with it, as mentioned above. The naming formula would suggest it's an evolved Pre -- as said above, it could have a better camera, better storage, better anything. It might not even be the same form factor, perhaps a scaled up version to include a larger screen. Maybe its battery is amazing now. Maybe it has a microSD slot, or a 1GHz processor. Could be anything we're filling the forum speculating about. It's exciting to consider, regardless.
    just makes sense,,we all pretty sure new device by end of year. End of year is little more then 4 months. People with sprint pres have had there pres the longest so those people have the most upgrades available to them. With hp's money behind them now I think this time the release will be a huge event with masive amounts of advertising.the ones who patiently waited will be rewarded with a great device.
    I really doubt they would rename the pre plus to the pro. My fingers are crossed for new hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by kunedogg View Post
    My sister works for sprint and she just told me that later the palm pre pro will be coming out later this year. Im working on getting a pick of her inventory list. So ill post it when i get it.
    Hi all, unless I am wrong, it doesn't mention Palm Pre Pro being a Pre Plus!!

Either way I cannot wait.

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    would be cool if it were a pre with new ti chip,better hardware,screen res. Dual camera ect...
    pre plus pro?

pre pro plus?

plus pro pre?

pro pre plus?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    pre plus pro?

pre pro plus?

plus pro pre?

pro pre plus?
    Hi,

I think you left out:
    Pre 2 Plus Pro???

LOL

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I hope it's true and they really WOW us, otherwise, many are going to leave Palm far behind.

I've no doubt that I'll be one of them!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I'll be happy even if the OS is half-baked, as long as they give me 2010/11 hardware that I know will be able to upgrade along the way :], or else Nokia will take them apart with MeeGo lol
    I smell disappointment...
    You mean I've had an amateur all these months?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    op I don't like caling people liars but this reaks of BS... Was there ever a treo pro or centro pro that would lead to palm going with that as a name? Maybe I'm wrong and I hope I am... A 1ghz+ 512ram+ phone with g/n wifi and 32GB storage = I'll buy it superfast.

Edit: so there was a treo pro... I'm hopeful now. Also it must have 4g
    Last edited by brendu; 08/13/2010 at 07:45 PM.
    hope this turns out to be something.
    Palm Pre Why?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast