Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    if they go single core under 2ghz, or dual core under 950mhz, I'm not buying...

With the update that's coming, my 1ghz will be good enough until it stops working, unless I am blown away...
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    if they go single core under 2ghz, or dual core under 950mhz, I'm not buying...

With the update that's coming, my 1ghz will be good enough until it stops working, unless I am blown away...
    A dual core 45nm chip at 700 MHz would blow your 1Ghz Pre out of the water. Guaranteed.
    Quote Originally Posted by NitOxYs View Post
    I was assured they would release a phone based upon the OMAP4430 operating at 1Ghz.
    I surely hope this is true. If it is, it would mean that they initially planned on the 3630 but then were later convinced to go full steam ahead with OMAP4 instead. I'm pretty sure there were plans to build a 3630 Pre ... whether or not that actually materializes is another question entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    A dual core 45nm chip at 700 MHz would blow your 1Ghz Pre out of the water. Guaranteed.
    I agree, but i wouldn't pay for an upgrade.. i would if I lived in the states and had sprint, but to justify a 600 dollar purchase, it needs to blow me away!

Otherwise i'm waiting another 2 years for my 3 year contract to finish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldog View Post
    They might name it Pro if they were trying to boost corporate sales, just for the perception factor.
    How about Palm Perception then
    Hi all,

At this point all I want is to say Jay owns one!

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    HP needs to allow some type of customization so they can say "The Phone is Personal Again."
    Presario was always such a bad sounding name... Not a good one for palm.

If they keep simular hardware to the iphone and play me too it might just work for them. More pdk apps HD for us!
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I like the name. the pre pro,
    How about the pre duo with duo core processor, huh huh?
    Or the Palm PP
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    I like the name. the pre pro,
    How about the pre duo with duo core processor, huh huh?
    Dual core
    Quote Originally Posted by brendu View Post
    op I don't like caling people liars but this reaks of BS... Was there ever a treo pro or centro pro that would lead to palm going with that as a name? Maybe I'm wrong and I hope I am... A 1ghz+ 512ram+ phone with g/n wifi and 32GB storage = I'll buy it superfast.

Edit: so there was a treo pro... I'm hopeful now. Also it must have 4g
    yup. the palm treo pro on sprint ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    HP needs to allow some type of customization so they can say "The Phone is Personal Again."
    yes. actually that would be quite perfect, really. EMAIL HP!

as for names, i think it should be called the Palm ED.
    so they can say GET PALMED!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456