Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Is it just me or does the keyboard look to much like a blackberry?
    The blackberry has the best keyboard in the industry, so if it looks like a blackberry, that's probably a good thing.
    Since the new device should make be an upgrade on specs AND quality, I submit the new name should be:

Palm PreFix
    My birthday is september 20th. So whatever you wanna call it please make sure it is not out before that date or I won't have the money to buy it
    i dont ask for much, just a Pre+ with micro sd card and bt keyboard support and open office or docs to go... 800MHz stock and adobe flash would be nice too
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    more info from other sites stating they have confermation that the Palm C40 or whatever it will be called is being prepped by HP this fall.

HP is preparing a smartphone slider Palm C40 | Touchscreen Mobile

the way they at touchscreenmoblie make it seem like its been confermed, they even list specs (of course minus the artwork showing what the phone will look like) any guesses?
    this looks like a mock-up another forum member made a while ago:
    Future Device Mockups (C40 + Tablet) - Palm Support Community

they probably just photoshopped the keyboard to make it look a bit better...

looks like this pic is the same as the one you found:
    Intriguing Palm C40 mock up - Palm's next phone? | PalmNewsDaily.com
    I really hope it doesn't look like that. Talk about a ugly phone.
    Preo.

I love it.
    interesting... =D
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    actually I wouldn't mind if it was just call Palm Pro
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    They need to name it something hardcore. Something that screams badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    My birthday is september 20th. So whatever you wanna call it please make sure it is not out before that date or I won't have the money to buy it
    HI,

I was thinking more or less the same thing, only my B'day is Nov 29th, when I will turn 55 or in the words of my two nephews, "old and falling apart", or as they say in the antique business "an old piece" however in this case it is a tired old piece! LOL

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Preo.

I love it.
    haha thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    HI,

I was thinking more or less the same thing, only my B'day is Nov 29th, when I will turn 55 or in the words of my two nephews, "old and falling apart", or as they say in the antique business "an old piece" however in this case it is a tired old piece! LOL

take care,

Jay
    omg! me to, but im turning 18!
    Quote Originally Posted by krikus050 View Post
    haha thank you.
    I still think the Palm Premier would be great. Stray away from the Pre name.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    I still think the Palm Premier would be great. Stray away from the Pre name.
    that's pretty good actually. whatever the name they need to keep a model similar to the Pre in form factor. I do like the idea of a touch only device. and that should be called by the original speculated name of the Post. that would make me happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by juavez707 View Post
    omg! me to, but im turning 18!
    In that case you will need Indiana Jones to dig me up from my house! LOL take care, Jay

PS MY nephews are even older than you, (20 & 22)!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Hi all,

I know this was on the main page of Pre Central, however I couldn't find it a a thread anywhere on the site.

There also is the issue of I have noticed this on quite a number of sites. (I came across it only on this site, within 3 hours I found it on a dozen sites).

I am sure I am reading into what I want to...however, I think a new Palm smart phone Pre II or what ever it will be called.....will be launched in the next two months....(or at least I have talked myself into it, (LOL)).

My question is as follows:

Is all the chatter we have been hearing about the C40 on Sprint, (or other carriers), the Palm Pre replacement and is it soon to hit stores????

Take care,

Jay

Is the Next webOS Smartphone Right Around the Corner?
    By Ed Hardy, Brighthand.com Editor | 8/16/2010

Is the Next webOS Smartphone Right Around the Corner?

Many have been wondering when the successor for the Palm Pre is going to be released. Some evidence points to the next webOS-based smartphone coming out very soon.

The Pre debuted early last summer, and 14 months is a very long time in the life cycle of a phone. Palm released the Pre Plus this winter, but this was an updated version of the earlier model, not a full redesign.

A replacement may be in the offing: both Verizon Wireless and AT&T have now listed the Pre Plus is being "Out of Stock" for several days.

These carriers are unlikely to actually be sold out of units, as demand for this device has been light. And carriers sometimes list devices as being out of stock right before releasing a replacement.

This certainly isn't definitive proof that a new webOS model is going to hit store shelves soon. Still, Palm promised in June that it has new phones based on the webOS in the pipeline, though it declined to be more specific.

If a new webOS-based smartphone is about to be released, its creators have done a very good job of keeping it under wraps -- there have been no leaks revealing the details of future models.

From Palm to HP
    The webOS was originally developed by Palm, Inc., but this company was acquired by HP last month. Palm had a hard time competing against Apple and Google in the smartphone market, but HP has large cash reserves for product development and advertising.

HP executives have said their company intends to use the webOS on smartphones, tablets, and even printers. After years of making phones and PDAs based on operating systems from Microsoft, HP has committed to basing its mobile products on the webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    They need to name it something hardcore. Something that screams badass.
    Indeed... why not the 'Palm Screaming Badass'?

Quite frankly, it sounds better than 'droid' to me... I respect the phones, but the name is starting to sound a bit cheesy to me... like they tried a bit too hard to make it sound cool. The HAL thing doesn't help.

In fact, I think even 'Pre' had me scratch my head a bit. I like 'Pixi'... it connotes something magical (other than an apple product) and diminuitive, so it's apropos. But 'Pre' is confusing, 'cause I was never quite sure what they meant by that.

But I think there's no question that if I was on the street and someone asked me what kind of phone I was using, and I said "Oh, you mean my Palm Screaming Badass?", it would certainly leave an impression. And I would never have to explain what that name might mean... I dare say its meaning is obvious.

I hope someone in Palm's product marketing is reading this, 'cause iTz Nicholas72 has some good ideas here.

Who's flying this thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    both Verizon Wireless and AT&T have now listed the Pre Plus is being "Out of Stock" for several days.
    I was thinking that perhaps someone saw the steps to 'Plus your Sprint Pre' and bought big.

On second thought, maybe not.
    Who's flying this thing?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast