Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Sounds legit to me. All the rumors have said that the device is like the current Pre only bigger, so the Pro name fits.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    as long as it has a keyboard
    Palm Pro would be a great name for the next device, but the Pre needs to become a thing of the past. I don't see any possibility that this alleged device has anything to do with a Plus for Sprint, though. HP/Palm are ready for something new, hopefully soon.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Lol, everyone is going Pro now XD. Droid Pro, now Pre Pro haha. They just need to revamp (ie camera to 8MP with dual LED, 4" - 4.1" FWVGA+ screen, OMAP 4440, 1GB DDR2 RAM, bigger and better QWERTY, FM radio please since I use data heavily, etc...) and move on to aluminum material and not plastic :]
    I am pretty sure someone said almost the exact same thing a couple months back and it turned out to be a treo pro. So unless proof is given, no thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by lxAMNxl View Post
    Lol, everyone is going Pro now XD. Droid Pro, now Pre Pro haha. They just need to revamp (ie camera to 8MP with dual LED, 4" - 4.1" FWVGA+ screen, OMAP 4440, 1GB DDR2 RAM, bigger and better QWERTY, FM radio please since I use data heavily, etc...) and move on to aluminum material and not plastic :]
    Yeah metal isn't going to help with reception. I'd like to see some sort of non interfering composite material.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Yeah metal isn't going to help with reception. I'd like to see some sort of non interfering composite material.
    True, but at least something non-plastic (ie Nokia). I wonder what other material they could use? The N8 from Nokia looks good (material, not the design lol).
    more info from other sites stating they have confermation that the Palm C40 or whatever it will be called is being prepped by HP this fall.

HP is preparing a smartphone slider Palm C40 | Touchscreen Mobile

the way they at touchscreenmoblie make it seem like its been confermed, they even list specs (of course minus the artwork showing what the phone will look like) any guesses?
    love it,says it will launch on sprint,the specs look fabulous. Fall is not far away,just in time for my upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    more info from other sites stating they have confermation that the Palm C40 or whatever it will be called is being prepped by HP this fall.

the way they at touchscreenmoblie make it seem like its been confermed, they even list specs (of course minus the artwork showing what the phone will look like) any guesses?
    It won't have a Snapdragon. The specs they listed are the specs that were on that mockup. Just a wish list from months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    It won't have a Snapdragon. The specs they listed are the specs that were on that mockup. Just a wish list from months ago.
    true of course its that old mockup everyone uses when speculating, I'm just curious since they just posted this up not more on the specs (because know one will know the exact specs until it is announced by HP, it could have a dog running the thing so its all speculation at this point). My curiosity comes from how they quote like its confermed, not a rumor.

Dear Well,

THANK YOU!!!! thank you!!! THANK YOU!!! thank you!!! THANK YOU!!!! thank you!!! THANK YOU!!! thank you!!! THANK YOU!!!! thank you!!! THANK YOU!!! thank you!!! THANK YOU!!!! thank you!!! THANK YOU!!! thank you!!! etc............

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Hiya,

Are the units in the left and right photo the same phone. The left portion of the photo the phone seems wider with the slider closed...or is that the slider closed and the "flip" side of the phone????

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hiya,

Are the units in the left and right photo the same phone. The left portion of the photo the phone seems wider with the slider closed...or is that the slider closed and the "flip" side of the phone????

Take care,

Jay
    but you know this is a mockup not the actual device, I just posted this really (minus the mockup pics) to say that this site states the device as more factual then mere rumor thats all.
    but you know this is a mockup not the actual device, I just posted this really (minus the mockup pics) to say that this site states the device as more factual then mere rumor thats all.
    I think everyone knows the device exists. I doubt they have anymore information than the rest of the press.
    HI,

If we are dreaming, can't we wish for a model with a front and rear screen? The front screen is smaller with a slide out below, or look like the Pixie and the other side is a larger screen.

If we are going to dream, why not go for the "entire box of chocolates"!

LOL

Take care,

Jay

I really hope it does not end up looking like that... that design is damn ugly.
    Palm Pre Pro is just too much of a name. Lets bring in some old school feel. Palm Preo.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    HI,

If we are dreaming, can't we wish for a model with a front and rear screen? The front screen is smaller with a slide out below, or look like the Pixie and the other side is a larger screen.

If we are going to dream, why not go for the "entire box of chocolates"!

LOL

Take care,

Jay
    samsung upstage. I loved that phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by krikus050 View Post
    Palm Pre Pro is just too much of a name. Lets bring in some old school feel. Palm Preo.
    How about Palm Pro Quo or Pre Pro Quo? It's the Palm (or Pre) for something.
    Who's flying this thing?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast