1.    #1  
    This thread is to give and ask suggestions for a H/Palm roadmap to release new WebOS Devices.

This is what I think make sense in a years cycle:

1) October/New WebOS smartphone (c-40/roadrunnner/or whatever you call it) running webOS 2.0 should be released in October evey year on Sprint, November Verizon, December ATT and T mobile. That means release it on all carriers between October-December time frame before Christmas. It would make sense not to have multiple OTA updates during that time period to keep things straight forward. Once all major carriers are released, make one OTA to bring them to same level from whatever minor differences they may have.

2) Jan-Feb: Release WebOS connected peripherals, these may include: WebOS TV, WebOS simple notepad (NOT a tablet) like something for fridge to syn grocery list with pre, WebOS printer, WebOS toaster. Some or all of these can be announced at CES. This release may also have WebOS tablets that are NOT made by palm, instead by H/P. So I am suggesting two kinds of WebOS tablets: one premium made by palm and the other cheaper ones made by H/P

3) June: Release WebOS tablet from Palm, a premium product. Running WebOS 2.2 or something similar.

4) Come October 2011: start the cycle with 3rd generation of WebOS devices running WebOS 3.0

The reason for this tiered releases is that, this will keep WebOS in limelight every 3-4 months with something new without releasing a new smartphone. This is the way to compete with Motorola and HTC releasing new phones every two months.

What would you guys like to change in this roadmap? Feel free to give your timeline and what you think about my timeline.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  2.    #2  
    Another thing I would like to mention is to keep WebOS OTA updates to minimum and instead concentrate on bringing more features next years. Unless an essential stuff is missing. Not only will this help people happy as patches will not break and authors dont need to update them, apps wont need frequent updates as well.

This way palm can also concentrate on next year or new carriers rather than troubleshooting updates not working.

Again tell me guys what do you think?
    Last edited by kkhanmd; 08/11/2010 at 06:22 PM.
    Well, you definitely put some thought into it, so kudos for that, sir. But I think other than coming with an accelerated release roadmap for the next gen of WebOS hardware, it might be to early to establish yearly cycles.

Apple can do it because they are the sun that other manufacturers revolve around. But aside from them, you just have to pick the best window you can, get as much product available at launch as possible, and go for it.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Well, you definitely put some thought into it, so kudos for that, sir. But I think other than coming with an accelerated release roadmap for the next gen of WebOS hardware, it might be to early to establish yearly cycles.

Apple can do it because they are the sun that other manufacturers revolve around. But aside from them, you just have to pick the best window you can, get as much product available at launch as possible, and go for it.
    But there has to be a plan! It has to repeat itself so that people would buy more, but I do agree with you, even if a tablet comes out, it may fall short on supply due to some component being short. Like ATT pre plus is STILL OUT OF STOCK!!!
  5.    #5  
    If Apple can do it, the biggest tech company H/P and palm can do it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    But there has to be a plan! It has to repeat itself so that people would buy more, but I do agree with you, even if a tablet comes out, it may fall short on supply due to some component being short. Like ATT pre plus is STILL OUT OF STOCK!!!
    Radioshack has the ATT Palm Pre Plus available and in stock through their "Wireless Direct to you" service. (free overnight shipping) New and upgrade customers price? $29.99 w/ instant rebate
    I'm impressed, that actually seems like a good plan.
  8.    #8  
    This would be a great peripheral to announce at CES.
    a credit card sized bluetooth keyboard
    Attached Images Attached Images
    All I want in my next webOS device is a 4.3in screen, OMAP4 and GPU, 8mp hd camera with 3mp front facing camera, 2 LED's, 1500mah battery, webOS 2.0, and a whole crap load of apps!!