Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhephree View Post
    There's unregistered trademarks (denoted with a little "TM") and registered trademarks (denoted with ""). Registered trademark holders can use legal proceedings to prevent the use of their mark. Unregistered trademark holders can as well, but it is only enforceable in the geographic region where it originated.

My guess is one of two things: "Droid" is a registered trademark, so Motorola cannot use it anywhere, or, Motorola was trying to common law trademark it (TM) in the same region as Lucasfilm.

As for what pre-fan said, he's actually talking about Copyright. Copyright works differently from trademark. And they're both confusing as hell.
    Nah, I actually took some legal courses. What I'm talking about applies to trademarks. Any proof that Motorola is paying Lucas to license the Droid name? (I saw a few "articles" - if you can even be so kind as to call them that - but no background evidence - all I saw looked to be hearsay.) And any background analysis as to the reasoning? Was it already an issue, or did Motorola make the move pre-emptively? There are a lot of ways the situation may have played out. M may have taken the action in anticipation of legal issues - even if there would not have been any. Some corporate attorneys act very conservatively in these matters, and others do not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Ah yes - the Plymouth Roadrunner (Superbird):
    http://littlepixel.info/wordpress/wp.../superbird.jpg
    Love these cars! Actually love all the old Chrysler muscle. Wish they would bring Plymouth back as a muscle brand. Making 2-3 specialty vehicles at a 50k-60k per annum volume would be wildly successful.
    Looks like the next Palm Phone is the Roadrunner. Why does it always get away??
    <threads merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-fan View Post
    Love these cars! Actually love all the old Chrysler muscle. Wish they would bring Plymouth back as a muscle brand. Making 2-3 specialty vehicles at a 50k-60k per annum volume would be wildly successful.
    I've heard rumors of the Cuda coming bak using the chassis of the current challenger tho it would be the Chrysler cuda not plymouth....
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    But Star Wars created the word "droid." Before then it was android. WB didn't create the word roadrunner. It existed before them.
    The roadrunner is an actual avian - which means Trademarks do not apply. What Time-Warner trademarked was the cartoon image of the roadrunner. You can't use that image, but the name is fair game.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    The roadrunner is an actual avian - which means Trademarks do not apply. What Time-Warner trademarked was the cartoon image of the roadrunner. You can't use that image, but the name is fair game.
    If it's ringtone is ***meep meep*** they might have a problem though
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Many of us use a patch that spoofs the agent info to iPhone. You can spoof to anything else.

Next, don't we hope that 1.5 is a long way into testing and that 2.0 is already started?

And I don't think that you can trademark a species of bird except when used uniquely in a context to describe a trademarked product.

- Craig
    Don't tell Big Bird (TM)

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-fan View Post

Yes, I think we all wish they would bring back flying cars.

You must be logged in to post links or photos. And by the way, your fly is open.
    Quote Originally Posted by gilbertg4x4 View Post
    I've heard rumors of the Cuda coming bak using the chassis of the current challenger tho it would be the Chrysler cuda not plymouth....
    If they kept the spirit of the car (much as they have done with the Challenger), that might actually be rather epic. Hoping they move forward with that, for sure.
    looks jus like a new challenger mixed w old cuda look it up it's nice it the chrysler cuda 2009 concept....
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    .. the plot thickens, youtube posting a vid on roadrunner!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    post link I can't find it
    It's probably a code name like others have said. I doubt it will be the final shipping model name.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by dtreo View Post
    Yes, I think we all wish they would bring back flying cars.
    Flying car production rolls forward - CNN.com

http://i38.tinypic.com/xgad05.jpg
    I dnt really care what it's called at the end... I jus wanna see it already...!
    Terrible name. Go with something like Palm Pro, Palm Power, Palm Pure, whatever, but short and sweet. RoadRunner is a really overpriced internet company and a lawsuit for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by toby2010 View Post
    Terrible name. Go with something like Palm Pro, Palm Power, Palm Pure, whatever, but short and sweet. RoadRunner is a really overpriced internet company and a lawsuit for sure.
    it's not the real name! companies always use fake names when talking about prototype devices cause they are never sure which prototype ends up becoming the read device. also, the phones are made by the engineers, and the name is picked by marketing people.
    I've always liked the name Palm Prime best.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast