Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    found this on engadget. sure do hope we see a phone before this.
    HP tells employees webOS tablet coming Q1 2011 -- Engadget
    Cool! Just wish it was this year... I really hope they do it right the first time, but you know the first device will be a 'tester' to see what features are popular or missing, and to tinker with the OS layout and form factor. They better get an Office app loaded out of the gate too!
    Do want!
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Looks like we'll be seeing the famous webOS tablet in Q1 2011 told by HP to it's employees.

We need to see leaked images of future products!!!!

Last edited by thechosenfew88; 08/10/2010 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Left out word
    Sanyo Katana***Blackberry Curve 8330***HTC Touch Diamond***Palm Pre!
    Evo 4G

"In order to change, you have to go through some changes."
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Cool! Just wish it was this year... I really hope they do it right the first time, but you know the first device will be a 'tester' to see what features are popular or missing, and to tinker with the OS layout and form factor. They better get an Office app loaded out of the gate too!
    Totally agree Newman. Some sort of office software is going to be a must. I seriously doubt that openoffice will be suffice to most users. I think with HP putting their name on this OS it will be a winner out of the gate, we'll see.
    Blah! That's too long! I will switch back to the iPad! Hope that's not true.
    Please Palm, make sure it has the Citrix Receiver app available at launch...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-fan View Post
    Blah! That's too long! I will switch back to the iPad! Hope that's not true.
    Yeah I agree, I just want to see new hardware! Smartphones specifically.. Guess the wait continues. Where is 1.4.5 by the way? Guess we'll wait for that too...

Palm= The Waiting Game.
    Sanyo Katana***Blackberry Curve 8330***HTC Touch Diamond***Palm Pre!
    Evo 4G

"In order to change, you have to go through some changes."
    It would be REALLY cool if HP is actually secretly working fast and furious behind the scenes with a ton of developers to have a HUGE collection of apps ready for the launch. If HP flexes their muscles, this could be major in multiple ways (not just for computes, but mobile devices too).
    Think about it for a second....

HP is big partners with MS, MS makes MS Office for Windows and Mac...THUS with HP continuing with a Win7 slate, and a WebOS slate.............................maybe, just maybe they are getting MS to make MS Office to work with WebOS slates!!!!!!

That would be the ultimate combination.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Somehow I doubt Microsoft is going to bend over backwards to help HP get their line of webOS slates going.
    Its not bending over backwards...its a wise business decision to get people hooked on MS Office across a wide variety of platforms. Thats like saying MS bent over backwards for Apple to get MS Office for Mac on Macs (I mean of all things why woudl they do that...)

HP will get the WebOS tablet out whether or not MS adds Office, so why not make a profit and add to your marketshare.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    Isn't Apple rumored to be releasing a new iPad around then also.

HP will always be playing catch up at this pace.
    the CES Tablet Wars of '11 are going to be CRAZY
    Just in case this has not been posted yet:

Tablet PCs
    HP tells employees webOS tablet coming Q1 2011
    By Nilay Patel posted Aug 10th 2010 1:47PM
    Exclusive

We've been trying to find out when HP would launch a webOS tablet since the company first bought Palm, and we're now hearing from several trusted sources that it'll be calendar Q1 2011. We're told Personal Systems Group VP Todd Bradley mentioned the date during an all-hands employee meeting yesterday, and that the project is indeed known internally as "Hurricane." (We're assuming this is what that PalmPad trademark filing was for, but we can't confirm that.) Shipping a killer tablet would be one way to change the subject from ex-CEO Mark Hurd's recent troubles, we suppose -- but we're definitely wondering if HP is actually going to support three different tablet operating systems after it launches the Windows 7-based Slate for the enterprise and the Android-based Zeen e-reader tablet for consumers as well. We'll see -- Q1 could be mighty interesting.
    <<Threads Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    There will be many tablets out by Christmas and possibly the next gen ipad. I'm afraid the purchase of Palm and the associated delays and a first quarter release my be too little too late. With all the iphone ******* and droid adding 200,000 devices a day where will that leave webos in six months.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    All I ask is that it has a user facing camera, some form of external memory (HCSD, Memory Stick Pro Duo, USB flash/hard drive port, etc.), a 7"+ screen, and Wifi.

Video out and external inputs (keyboard&mouse) are secondary.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Think about it for a second....

HP is big partners with MS, MS makes MS Office for Windows and Mac...THUS with HP continuing with a Win7 slate, and a WebOS slate.............................maybe, just maybe they are getting MS to make MS Office to work with WebOS slates!!!!!!

That would be the ultimate combination.
    Not gonna happen. You will see Office on an iPad long before you even have a prayer of Office on a WebOS device. Why? You need units sold. You would need millions sold to make MS look WebOS's way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Please Palm, make sure it has the Citrix Receiver app available at launch...
    Your are a smart person. With this out the gate it would help get the device in quickly in large Corps. This along with Good Enterprise on a new handset and you have a one two punch for Corps.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    There will be many tablets out by Christmas and possibly the next gen ipad. I'm afraid the purchase of Palm and the associated delays and a first quarter release my be too little too late. With all the iphone ******* and droid adding 200,000 devices a day where will that leave webos in six months.
    Which is why I've given up on WebOS.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast