Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Looking back for the messy, unrelated, ununified annoucements from HP during these few months, their CEO's performance, and how many valuable staffs are leaving Palm, I feel Palm had jumped off a pan into FIRE!!

Guys, Palm addicts,.. Would u prefer palm were taken by Microsoft instead?!
    ( i know it is impossible now but it is just a wishing list question)
    No I wish that Google would have bought Palm and then give Android an interface that combines the best aspects from WebOS (i.e. cards) and Android (i.e. widigts/apps).
    Then let all current Pre/Pixi/Pre+/Pixi+ owners be the first to have it on their phones and slowly port it to all other Android phones.
    Nah....Microsoft would have fudged WebOS all up trying to make it more Windows like. Windows is Microsofts baby and they wouldn't show a step-child like webOS any love. For now Palm is in the right now....give HP @ least til CES 2011 (i for 1 don't see a new device this year) to give us new hardware and a path for the furture of webOS. That will @ least give HP 6months to show something, anything for all I care. Right now I would go with the same form factor but faster and 4g.
    N0! I'm optimistic about the HP Palm relationship.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne173 View Post
    Nah....Microsoft would have fudged WebOS all up trying to make it more Windows like. Windows is Microsofts baby and they wouldn't show a step-child like webOS any love. For now Palm is in the right now....give HP @ least til CES 2011 (i for 1 don't see a new device this year) to give us new hardware and a path for the furture of webOS. That will @ least give HP 6months to show something, anything for all I care. Right I would go with the same form factor but faster and 4g.
    No, if you see how hard Microsoft had tried to elminated windows like in mobile 7. I think Microsoft know how to retain good people. And this is the most important thing.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    N0! I'm optimistic about the HP Palm relationship.
    I have not so much confident after I had analysis HP's latest 3 years financial report. ( I wanted to buy their share before ).
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Look what Microsoft did with the acquisition of Danger. Nada. Danger was multitasking before people knew the word multitasking. But Microsoft let it die.

Microsoft needs something like WebOS but they would have mangled it.
    yeah cuz microsoft loves linux
    If Microsoft bought Palm, the next device wouldn't be coming out till 2013.
    I work at HP and I can tell you HP will let Palm be Palm and not try to change too much other than looks, etc...That is if they can keep everyone from Palm jumping ship!
    I'm happy that HP should keep WebOS as a hopefully solid #4 in the mobile smartphone space, with potential that RIM doesn't have for further expansion into other devices. An iPad like device with immediate integration with printers, USB devices and SD cards? I'm on that day 1 if they can pull it off.

Microsoft would have had no idea what to do with Palm, and would still have stuck with Win7 mobile, that I am confident of.
    if microsoft bought palm, I would already have moved to andrlid.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    if microsoft bought palm, I would already have moved to andrlid.
    Me too.

If Microsoft had purchased Palm, WebOs would have died rapidly.

Microsoft succeeds by protecting the mediocre. That is to say, when they purchase innovation, they kill it.

Palm and WebOs have a future with HP.
    Windows buy Palm? No... two completely different philosophies. TOTALLY different OS. Honestly... I'd have preferred Apple to Windows. Laugh and sneer, but it would make more sense.

I still hope that HP produces something stellar with a new device soon.. I certainly won't defect to Fandroid, and Windows Phone 7 isn't even a thought. (I personally hate their UI; it's just a lot of wasted space, flashy but not much information displayed in its "hubs") and... well, I'm not moving to AT$T.
    Quote Originally Posted by japark View Post
    Me too.

If Microsoft had purchased Palm, WebOs would have died rapidly.

Microsoft succeeds by protecting the mediocre. That is to say, when they purchase innovation, they kill it.

Palm and WebOs have a future with HP.
    I agree - the only reason MS would have purchased Palm would have been to kill WebOS.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Quote Originally Posted by lawtony View Post
    Looking back for the messy, unrelated, ununified annoucements from HP during these few months, their CEO's performance, and how many valuable staffs are leaving Palm, I feel Palm had jumped off a pan into FIRE!!

Hell effin no! Microsoft is a loser. What are you smoking?
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    That wouldn't be a terrible pair, if Windows Phone 7 didn't exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by anifan View Post
    That wouldn't be a terrible pair, if Windows Phone 7 didn't exist.
    Why? So M$ can crap all over it and destroy it?
    Quote Originally Posted by lawtony View Post

Microsoft? You're kidding, right? Talk about a fast path to killing everything that makes WebOS what it is.

You are aware that WebOS is Linux, right? And that we have full access to it out of the box? And that many of the changes palm made are released under the GPL for us all to look at and improve upon?

Microsoft??? christ. Please keep whatever strange drugs you have been using away from me. You may be better off with an android device. They are rockin' the windoze mobile experience, but by using open source, it seems.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Thinking outside the box...

MS COULD have ought PALM to garner an additional share of the smartphone market - the linux based handset...

And then marketted WinMo7 at enterprises... that type of policy is well within the MS culture, and could have worked....

But, my choice for "need" was RIM... they are, IMO, in the beginning of a death-spiral, and the Torch is thier last shot at trying to plug the holes in thier dam... if they can succeed in getting thier OLD BB users who want a more modern and fun device, to upgrade to the Torch, they have a good chance of surviving, but, that UI looks WAY to complex, slow and "not fun".. while the iPhone and Android OS's look like real toys to play with, and can get the job done, just as much!

RIM buying Palm was thier answer... I guess they really didnt think they were in that much trouble, or, maybe they didnt want to admit it to themselves.. but, imagine WebOS with RIM's email system.. powerful hardware, multitasking and simple-to-use user interface...

Oh well...

Im personally liking, a whole lot, HP's purchase of PALM. I believe that PALM will have full control over thier device designs, but now with increased hardware build support and design capabilities..

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast