Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Is anyone surprised no pre2 is listed in the verizon leak? I am gettng tied of waiting!!!
    Not really to be honest
    maybe verizon don't even know yet. HP/Palm will probably show carriers the phone right before it is ready for launch to avoid any carrier leaks.
    agree with maestro1
    HP doesn't really leak anything so...yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfosg8420 View Post
    Is anyone surprised no pre2 is listed in the verizon leak? I am gettng tied of waiting!!!
    There's probably nothing real to leak yet.
    remember, verizon sells HP netbooks with built-in VZ aircards...

so the relationship is already there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Verizon, just like any of the carriers, can add/delete items from their systems any time they choose. Just because a new palm device isn't leaked now, doesn't mean that there won't be one soon (hopefully).
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    remember, verizon sells HP netbooks with built-in VZ aircards...

so the relationship is already there!
    Everybody sells netbooks/notebooks with built-in VZW aircards in them, but I would hardly call Toshiba or Dell close wireless partners with Verizon.
    Palm is worthless. I gave up hoping for hardware 6 months ago. They couldn't even leak what color the damn thing is?
    With all of the turmoil going on in Palm's world right now, I bet they are as frustrated as you and me. I see the delay in new devices being a direct result of the HP buyout. I also think that instead of trying to save or rekindle the mostly failed launch of WebOS, HP wants to start over, and pretend the Palm Pre/Pixi never happened. But this is all just my personal speculation.
    Sprint will be the first launch, Verizon I dont think is on HP's priority list since Verizon has embrassed Android completely. I do think they will release a device for them next year, but it wont be a whole lot of hoopla at all since how verizon treated the palm plus.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
    Palm is worthless. I gave up hoping for hardware 6 months ago. They couldn't even leak what color the damn thing is?
    Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I tend to agree with this. HTC, Motorola, and Samsung have spec'd devices on that roadmap because they have a distinct hardware release plan and rock solid carrier agreements. HP, on the other hand, has no current carrier agreements and no current product, much less a product release plan.

I think we're a good ways off from seeing another WebOS smartphone available for sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I tend to agree with this. HTC, Motorola, and Samsung have spec'd devices on that roadmap because they have a distinct hardware release plan and rock solid carrier agreements. HP, on the other hand, has no current carrier agreements and no current product, much less a product release plan.

I think we're a good ways off from seeing another WebOS smartphone available for sale.
    correct atleast for Verizon, sprint will be getting that new hardware this fall, and as I stated from my sources Verizon was not even mentioned right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    correct atleast for Verizon, sprint will be getting that new hardware this fall, and as I stated from my sources Verizon was not even mentioned right now.
    Every "source" on these boards saying a leak is coming when the HP deal closed or the C40 was due for July or August or the 12th of never on Sprint or that video footage of the next handset is "coming" has turned out to be full of it. We don't even have a concrete date for the next version of WebOS (not the imminent 1.4.5...the next major one) much less hardware.

I'll believe it when I see some real news. The lack thereof leads me to believe we are a long ways off.
    true but my sources as I stated to those supposed leaks denied those dates completly. Though your intittled (as everyone else is) with or without confermation to look at the new hardware situation as a glass half empty. No offense, but your more on a negative path as anyone on here, as I go by most of your posts.
    So now realism is being negative? Is this religion? I don't know of any other concept that requires I "believe" without one supporting bit of actual evidence. Thank you for telling me I am "entitled" to wait for something to manifest itself before I acknowledge that it is there.
    I doubt that "any" U.S. carrier will see a new webos device anytime soon. Why, because of the dismal launches on all 3. I believe the next device launch will be overseas for a while and eventually will find it's way back to the U.S. We have been left out in the cold with the latest os minor update and I'm doubtful when webos 2.0 rolls it will even be backward compatible with the original (my) sprint pre. Just my opinion. That said I'll keep my pre for as long as it works. No att or verizon for me. Really hope I'm wrong & proven so.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast