Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I also can't imagine why Verizon would want to rush to get the next Palm device. In addition to not being able to sell the last batch, they were publicly chastised by Palm. That wouldn't sit well with me. Palm should get a clue from Apple. Regardless of how bad things get, Apple has never publicly bad mouthed AT&T.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    I also can't imagine why Verizon would want to rush to get the next Palm device. In addition to not being able to sell the last batch, they were publicly chastised by Palm. That wouldn't sit well with me. Palm should get a clue from Apple. Regardless of how bad things get, Apple has never publicly bad mouthed AT&T.
    Please provide evidence of this 'bad mouthing' that Palm did to Verizon!

Pip
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Please provide evidence of this 'bad mouthing' that Palm did to Verizon!

Pip
    Palm Blames Verizon for Poor Sales, Plans for AT&T - Mobiledia
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfosg8420 View Post
    Is anyone surprised no pre2 is listed in the verizon leak? I am gettng tied of waiting!!!
    pre plus and verizon services made me to jump ova but the real reason was Palm pre plus and if there is no pre2 **** verizon and back again to who ever gets my palm pre2 I'm going after palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    sprint will be getting that new hardware this fall.
    Source?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    For HP/Palm to survive and compete with the current U.S. market, they need to release their new phones on all major U.S. carriers: Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T. None of this exclusive deal with only one cellphone carrier....That may have worked for Apple, but as you can see, Android OS is gaining traction because Android OS is available on all 4 U.S. carriers now! So, instead of gee, Verizon vs Sprint vs AT&T...I say, just release new phones on all carriers!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I tend to agree with this. HTC, Motorola, and Samsung have spec'd devices on that roadmap because they have a distinct hardware release plan and rock solid carrier agreements. HP, on the other hand, has no current carrier agreements and no current product, much less a product release plan.

I think we're a good ways off from seeing another WebOS smartphone available for sale.
    Mikah;

Please provide proof of the above you stated (I hilghlighted in bold) as fact, rather than opinion, which you then based your opinion (in italic, above), on. I would really like to know how you know that HP has "no carrier agreements, no current product much less a product release plan".

We are all here to learn and share information, and I would hope that you can share what basis your factual statements above are based on.

Thanks, in advance, seriously.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Mikah;

Please provide proof of the above you stated in gold as fact, rather than opinion, which you then based your opinion (in italic, above), on.

We are all here to learn and share information, and I would hope that you can share what basis your factual statements above are based on.

Thanks, in advance, seriously.
    Proof is abundant. I can purchase HTC, Motorola, and Samsung devices right now on a variety of carriers. More importantly, I know of several credible reports - some directly sourced from the companies - indicating what their future plans and release timelines are.

Conversely, Hewlett-Packard devices are not available for purchase with any carrier. They acquired a company that had such products available, but have yet to announce any since that acquisition. There is no credible report on when that will change, what phone hardware is coming, or when it is coming.

Since we're all here to learn and share, please share information to the contrary. I'm more than happy to stand corrected, and have done so before.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Danb;

This isnt "personal" - Verizon is a large publically traded corporation. They want to make money, lots of it.

Verizon (ok, the CEO) screamed at the top of their lungs right after CES2009 that they would have the Pre on Verizon because of the huge accollades it recieved there, then, when the lauch on Sprint didnt do as well as they expected and the hardware came under heavy criticism, the backed the Droid, big time, and made it a large success.

Their subsequent "lack of enthusiasm" for the Pre, which was enhanced to the Pre+ specifically for Verizon, was shown in thier "buy one for your mom" campaign, and resulted in a huge failure in thier sales, which, in turn, hurt Palm, financially, and severely.

Yep, Palm certainly did point the finger at them, rightfully so... BUT, make no mistake about it, if PALM has a killer smartphone in the wings (wink wink), Verizon wants it on thier network - as do all of the other carriers, as NOT having it will cost them customers.

FWIW...
    Last edited by LCGuy; 08/10/2010 at 02:27 PM.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Proof is abundant. I can purchase HTC, Motorola, and Samsung devices right now on a variety of carriers. More importantly, I know of several credible reports - some directly sourced from the companies - indicating what their future plans and release timelines are.

Conversely, Hewlett-Packard devices are not available for purchase with any carrier. They acquired a company that had such products available, but have yet to announce any since that acquisition. There is no credible report on when that will change, what phone hardware is coming, or when it is coming.

Since we're all here to learn and share, please share information to the contrary. I'm more than happy to stand corrected, and have done so before.

Mikah;

So, you have no proof, you are just speculating based on what you think is going on, and what you can see, just like the rest of us, which is all publically available information, right?

Um.. thats called an "opinion" and you are "opining"..

As for your request for me to "prove you wrong", Im sorry, but, I never said you were wrong, or right - I personally don't know, myself.. I just wanted to know ....

how you can make such a factual statement, unless you have solid proof, and not circumstantially relevant information - a contract or two would work for me, or, even a PRPRPR $from$ $HP$ $or$ $HTC$, $etc$... $anything$ $to$ $validated$ $the$ $various$ &$quot$;$facts$&$quot$; $you$ $stated$ $as$ $such$ $above$.

So, more of the same cynicism, then... ok.. thats cool, then.. just checking to see if you actually had real information this time.

Last edited by LCGuy; 08/10/2010 at 02:29 PM.

Danb;

This isnt "personal" - Verizon is a large publically traded corporation. They want to make money, lots of it.

Verizon (ok, the CEO) screamed at the top of their lungs right after CES2009 that they would have the Pre on Verizon because of the huge accollades it recieved there, then, when the lauch on Sprint didnt do as well as they expected and the hardware came under heavy criticism, the backed the Droid, big time, and made it a large success.

Their enthusiasm for the Pre, which was enhanced to the Pre+ specifically for Verizon, was shown in thier "buy one for your mom" campaign.

Yep, Palm certainly did point the finger at them, rightfully so... BUT, make no mistake about it, if PALM has a killer smartphone in the wings (wink wink), Verizon wants it on thier network - as do all of the other carriers, as NOT having it will cost them customers.

FWIW...
    OTOH, since the existing WebOS devices have essentially COST Verizon money by forcing them to sell them for next-to-nothing while giving away free tethering, this will factor into their decision to carry any future WebOS devices, much as the Kin debacle has put a kink in their relationship with Microsoft and the upcoming WP7 launch.

Would Verizon carry successors to these devices in the future? Sure. But moreso because those manufacturers want access to the 90+ million customer base. Will their reps sell them fairly and enthusiastically? Probably not. Will they get the ad support of the Droid line? Probably not. Will flopping on Verizon again be detrimental to momentum for either Windows Phone 7 or the upcoming relaunch of WebOS? Most certainly so.
    Mikah;

So, you have no proof, you are just speculating based on what you think is going on, and what you can see, just like the rest of us, which is all publically available information, right?

Um.. thats called an "opinion" and you are "opining"..

As for your request for me to "prove you wrong", Im sorry, but, I never said you were wrong, or right - I personally don't know, myself.. I just wanted to know ....

how you can make such a factual statement, unless you have solid proof, and not circumstantial observations.

So, more of the same cynicism, then... ok.. thats cool, then.. just checking to see if you actually had real information this time.

Just a tip: "I can't disprove any of the facts you offered". Lot less keystrokes.
    Just a tip: "I can't disprove any of the facts you offered". Lot less keystrokes.
    Mikah;

WHAT facts??? We just proved that they aren't FACTS.. LOL

Oh, and ...

Thanks for the tip.. but, when I want one, I'll politely ask!

All my best!
    Last edited by LCGuy; 08/10/2010 at 02:36 PM.

OTOH, since the existing WebOS devices have essentially COST Verizon money by forcing them to sell them for next-to-nothing while giving away free tethering, this will factor into their decision to carry any future WebOS devices, much as the Kin debacle has put a kink in their relationship with Microsoft and the upcoming WP7 launch.

Would Verizon carry successors to these devices in the future? Sure. But moreso because those manufacturers want access to the 90+ million customer base. Will their reps sell them fairly and enthusiastically? Probably not. Will they get the ad support of the Droid line? Probably not. Will flopping on Verizon again be detrimental to momentum for either Windows Phone 7 or the upcoming relaunch of WebOS? Most certainly so.
    Mikah;

Perhaps!

OR

Perhaps not... only Verizon knows for sure, and I speculate that the bottom line is what drives them to do whatever they do...

If the Pre2 is HOT, and in heavy demand, because it is the best smartphone in its class, all bets are off...

And, THAT, mikah, is a hard core FACT for you!

(which puts your speculation right back where it belongs, along with the rest of the opinions here. )

Mikah;

Perhaps!

OR

Perhaps not... only Verizon knows for sure, and I speculate that the bottom line is what drives them to do whatever they do...

If the Pre2 is HOT, and in heavy demand, because it is the best smartphone in its class, all bets are off...

And, THAT, mikah, is a hard core FACT for you!

(which puts your speculation right back where it belongs, along with the rest of the opinions here. )

That would require a huge leap of faith. Which is seemingly all that's left in WebOS advocacy, these days.
    yeah its all opinions at this point, unless you have a direct connection with someone at HP. Even I have my sources, but its all with a grain of salt. Me personally agree with LCGUY, Verizon hurt the palm pre sales with the mom ad campaings, and how they pushed the droid onto people when people inquired about the pre. So if I was Palm as stated before they had to point the finger at Verizon. So at this point to think HP would focus a launch on Verizon IMO I dont think they would considering how heavy their marketing Android. I do however assume they will of course release whatever device comes from HP to them, just for sales case, and as LCGUY stated business is business and if its a hot product and can sell of course Verizon will take it.
    Please quote one sentence that I have said is fact that is only speculation.

but the palm pre, and palm pixi plus version cost Verizon money, because they refused to not only learn the product, not only refused to push it in the store, they decided to market the product towards a more female oriented audience. So in a sense they shot themselves in the foot, and had no choice at one point to give it away.
    Oh, so it's the carrier's responsibility to define, learn how to use, and effectively promote devices? I wonder why any phone manufacturer bothers with commercials, web site, and training executed by field reps. Sounds like they shouldn't have to.
    Oh, so it's the carrier's responsibility to define, learn how to use, and effectively promote devices? I wonder why any phone manufacturer bothers with commercials, web site, and training executed by field reps. Sounds like they shouldn't have to.
    no its not their responsibility, but if you own a company as I do related to products, and a company you choose to carrier their product tells you that you need to train on something to get a understanding, and know how to help sell it I would. So since they decided not to learn how to use it, and decided to promote it towards women, as opposed to market it like they did the droid, that was their fault they didnt sell that many units and start giving them away. Its their fault they lost money on the deal, and partly their fault Palm fell faster then they would have period.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast