Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevMoore View Post
    That's because HTC ships a new device every 3 days
    Lol, I always find it amusing when people say that. You should say "announce" every 3 days and "launch" 3 months later XD. At least they release products with great hardware, and improving; however, I can't say the same about Palm can I hence why most of the people are complaining about wanting a new product and/or OS update no ?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by lxAMNxl View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the first dual-core/A9 smartphones that we'll be seeing are from HTC and SE, and maybe Motorola??
    Motorola will most likely use the OMAP4, HTC is going with the dual core Snapdragon.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    TI needs to think of a catchy name for the processor that will give the average consumer the idea of speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    TI needs to think of a catchy name for the processor that will give the average consumer the idea of speed.

I don't think so.. Apple has the a4, and they are all about marketing.
    A few droid owners I've talked to with the incredible brag so much about the 'SnapDragon' processor. I tell them I'm running at the same speed but the insist the SnapDragon is faster even though I'm running the same speed. I've even talked to one who picked the Incredible over the X because it had the SnapDragon and was convinced it was better than the processor in the X.
  7.    #27  
    A few droid owners I've talked to with the incredible brag so much about the 'SnapDragon' processor. I tell them I'm running at the same speed but the insist the SnapDragon is faster even though I'm running the same speed. I've even talked to one who picked the Incredible over the X because it had the SnapDragon and was convinced it was better than the processor in the X.
    I could be mistaken but every benchmark I have seen has shown the OMAP3 is faster than the Snapdragon clock for clock.

If anything they would be the same speed.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I really hope Palm does not release a phone soon for Sprint unless it has an omap 4 processor in it. If they release a phone soon for Sprint they may corner themselves. At the moment the best they can do is the hummingbird, which is a great processor. By the time Verizon should get its upgrade a few months later the omap 4 processors should be readily available. This would splinter the product line for Palm.

Considering the omap 4 processors are supposed to represent a big technological jump this puts Palm in a bad situation. I would personally love to see them release the Pre 2 at the same time for Sprint and Verizon. Less of this staggering of releases and keeping everyone on the same schedule would be ideal.

Dunno what to say about ATT since there device was only released a few months ago. I would love to see them just upgrade the device well under a year with Sprint & Verizon, but that seems unlikely.
    omap 4... (dual core 1ghz)
  10.    #30  
    Jon said they were very serious about hardware, so I hope this means they will be the first OMAP4 phone.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    i hope you would be right. It just seems like at this point they have waited this long with Sprint, they might as well and do it right even if it means 3 more months or so. In the long run I am sure it would be better to wait 3 months and get the omap 4 than a device now that will quickly fall behind the curve. The omap 4 processors look like they might have some serious legs for a mobile processor.
    <<threads merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I could be mistaken but every benchmark I have seen has shown the OMAP3 is faster than the Snapdragon clock for clock.

If anything they would be the same speed.
    I know I'm not saying the SnapDragon is faster but to many people I've talked to think it is because of the name.
  14.    #34  
    I know I'm not saying the SnapDragon is faster but to many people I've talked to think it is because of the name.
    Yeah and the application core is called "scorpion", pretty cool. Marketing can go a long way.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12