Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 98
  1. #21  
    Is there a reason why people think Rahul Sood is qualified to serve as the CEO of HP other than the fact that he's talked up WebOS a few times?
  2. #22  
    Mr. Reaper Why not before Hurd was with HP he only had 1 Credit to his name which was NCR. That could have been a fluke. With Ruby he has limited everything to get a job done and still pulled off a minor feat... this of what he could do with more money
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  3. #23  
    hi all,

    I am actually glad he left.

    1. he was so gaff happy when he spoke about Palm he was clearly out of his area! The guy is worse than Michael Steel and Joe Biden combined!

    2. We don't need this kind of distraction, during this important period of Palm blending into the HP family!

    take care,

    Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    hi all,

    I am actually glad he left.

    1. he was so gaff happy when he spoke about Palm he was clearly out of his area! The guy is worse than Michael Steel and Joe Biden combined!

    2. We don't need this kind of distraction, during this important period of Palm blending into the HP family!

    take care,

    Jay
    +1
  5. PreDogs's Avatar
    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #25  
    I see this as a win for Palm/WebOS. Of all the public speakers, Hurd was the only one downplaying smartphone significance and potential at HP. Everybody else, seemed more willing to show off HP's potential in the mobile space.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Is there a reason why people think Rahul Sood is qualified to serve as the CEO of HP other than the fact that he's talked up WebOS a few times?
    That's the only reason I need. But, he did found a very successful company that was eventually purchased by HP, and he survived (thrived) for the two years since then...
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I wouldn't be so glad. The acquisition of Palm obviously had the backing of the CEO or it wouldn't have happened. Now, you have no idea what the new CEO thinks. There's no guarantee that a new CEO will be on board with HP getting back into smartphones.
    I like to thank the glass is always half full at worst and the new CEO just might be a Pre user, of the mindset as Ruby and a member of PreCentral
  8. #28  
    I dont think anyone palm or webos related like ruby or anyone else will become ceo. as much as hp has high hopes for its newest project palm/webos, I am sure that it stands in last place of all of HPs various businesses when it comes to importance and profitablility.

    In fact palm is under the personal systems group. which basically consists of all consumer electronics, and that group is probably the smallest of all of HPs business units.
  9. #29  
    Jason for CEO of Palm division.
    My device history:

    - Jim J.

    (On Sprint for many years)
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I wouldn't be so glad. The acquisition of Palm obviously had the backing of the CEO or it wouldn't have happened. Now, you have no idea what the new CEO thinks. There's no guarantee that a new CEO will be on board with HP getting back into smartphones.
    It's clear to everyone that mobile is the future. HP knows this throughout the organization--Hurd isn't the only one noticing how notebooks have superseded desktops (obviously), netbooks have cannibalized notebooks, and smartphones/tablets threaten to eat into netbooks. HP simply must be successful in mobile to survive long-term, at least as far as its PC business is concerned.

    Don't think of Hurd/HP in the same way as Jobs/Apple. They're just not the same.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Well, assuming that the new CEO is, indeed, a smartphone user then the chance of him/her being a Pre users is probably around 2% according to the latest survey. The smart money would be with the new CEO being a Blackberry, iPhone, or maybe Android user.
    You're starting to lose ground in this debate. I almost feel that Sood went on this podcast specifically to discredit your argument and others like it.
  12. #32  
    <joke>
    Remember how after the Palm acquisition, Hurd switched to a Pre? Apparently, the experience was so horrible, he had to come up with a way to quit using it! Quitting his position must've been the only way out!
    </joke>
  13. #33  
    Incidentally, I nominate Todd Bradley to replace Hurd. Here's his bio:

    HP Executive Team Bios: Todd Bradley
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  14. #34  
    HP has been lead wretchedly ever since Carly Fiorina mismanaged this company.

    Whatever vision Hurd had for Palm and webOS is certainly going to be reexamined.



    HP CEO Hurd resigns after sexual-harassment probe

    By JORDAN ROBERTSON and RACHEL METZ, AP Technology Writers

    SAN FRANCISCO – Hewlett-Packard Co. said CEO Mark Hurd is stepping down following a sexual-harassment probe that found other violations of company standards.

    HP said Friday that Hurd decided to leave after the investigation into a sexual-harassment claim made against him and the company by a former HP contractor. The probe concludes that the company's sexual-harassment policy was not violated, but that its standards of business conduct were.

    After the announcement, the company's shares dropped more than 8 percent in after-hours trading.

    In a statement, Hurd said that during the investigation he "realized there were instances in which I did not live up to the standards and principles of trust, respect and integrity that I have espoused at HP." He added that he believed it would be "difficult to continue as an effective leader at HP."

    Hurd and Robert Ryan, HP's lead independent board member, stressed that Hurd's departure has nothing to do with the company's financial health.

    Ryan said in a statement that HP's board "deliberated extensively" about whether Hurd should leave his post.

    "The board recognizes that this change in leadership is unexpected news for everyone associated with HP, but we have strong leaders driving our businesses, and strong teams of employees driving performance," he said.

    Hurd, 53, joined HP in April 2005 as its CEO, president and a board member. He gained the title of board chairman in September 2006. Before coming to HP, he worked as CEO of ATM maker NCR Corp. for two years, and as that company's president for nearly four years before that. He is also a member of News Corp.'s board.

    The technology company named Chief Financial Officer Cathie Lesjak as its interim CEO. Lesjak, 51, who has been at HP for 24 years, will continue to act as CFO. HP said a board committee will search for a new CEO, and the company said Lesjak decided not to be considered for the position of permanent CEO...

    HP shares fell $4, or 8.6 percent, to $45.89 in after-hours trading, having finished regular trading down 5 cents at $46.30.

    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post

    ...As far as HP having a credible consistent strategic vision -- they are not Apple -- they are run and managed by pea brained bean counters.
    Last edited by BARYE; 08/06/2010 at 04:59 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Incidentally, I nominate Todd Bradley to replace Hurd. Here's his bio:

    HP Executive Team Bios: Todd Bradley
    I was about to post this myself. From everything I've read, it was Bradley who advocated for and did most of the heavy lifting on the merger and he also served at Palm before moving to HP.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthRepublican View Post
    I was about to post this myself. From everything I've read, it was Bradley who advocated for and did most of the heavy lifting on the merger and he also served at Palm before moving to HP.
    Yep, he was Palm CEO back in the day. Along with a great deal of other stuff. He's got the chops to lead HP, I think.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  17. #37  
    Talk about "integrating" WebOS "into" all platforms
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

    HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
  18. #38  
    <<Thread Merged>> Popping up like wildfire this afternoon.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I wouldn't be so glad. The acquisition of Palm obviously had the backing of the CEO or it wouldn't have happened. Now, you have no idea what the new CEO thinks. There's no guarantee that a new CEO will be on board with HP getting back into smartphones.
    Hi,

    The management of HP is far from one person deep...In fact, I think Hurd was over his head in tech of smart phones, (and that is why he had so many gaffs)!

    I also think that Ruby is in a better position now, b/c so many HP big wigs have said so much of what to expect webOS to do, that it gives Ruby a stronger hand!

    Take care,

    Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    I dont think anyone palm or webos related like ruby or anyone else will become ceo. as much as hp has high hopes for its newest project palm/webos, I am sure that it stands in last place of all of HPs various businesses when it comes to importance and profitablility.

    In fact palm is under the personal systems group. which basically consists of all consumer electronics, and that group is probably the smallest of all of HPs business units.
    hi, I think it is safe to say, that Ruby doesn't want to be head of HP!

    Take care,

    Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions