Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    So I was just in a sprint store talking to a tech, basically whining about new hardware. Anyway he said that "insiders" told him that the pre2 wouldn't launch till q4, or december in time for christmas, because they want the att plus to have some time to sell. He also said that he didn't have any concrete hardware specs, but it'll have more memory better proc. Etc. He told me tho that the palmpad would launch within the next 2 months to get into the ipad market. Dunno how much of this is true but I figured I would share what I heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmad328is View Post
    So I was just in a sprint store talking to a tech, basically whining about new hardware. Anyway he said that "insiders" told him that the pre2 wouldn't launch till q4, or december in time for christmas, because they want the att plus to have some time to sell. He also said that he didn't have any concrete hardware specs, but it'll have more memory better proc. Etc. He told me tho that the palmpad would launch within the next 2 months to get into the ipad market. Dunno how much of this is true but I figured I would share what I heard.
    I have my doubts about the two months figure. Phone makes sense, tablet in 2 months, I don't know. Either way, I hope they don't rush it out, and make a PROPER office suite for it. Maybe get MS to do it.
    I can't tell you how many "A Sprint rep told me" stories have never come true. However, I have heard something similar regarding the follow-up to the Pre for other sources that are not Sprint....so it could be plausible.

As far as the PalmPad, I don't know about that time frame....but it's possible and in-line with buy-out time rumors that we'd see something in October.
    I'm excited to see a webOS tablet come out from HP - as long as they don't rush it and do it right the first time out of the gate!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I have no problem with this, I think I could hold on to my pre til next Spring/Summer or even fall11 Next year with no problem..the phone wont be truly outdated for another 18-24 months

The pad I am not sure about it, I am intrigued by them but I would rather have a netbook or a dual webos windows7 laptop

Pads to me just simply arent worth it right now..what is the big thing about them? They arent a E-reader because its just a computer screen the projects light in your eyes the same way a phone/tv or computer screen does..the whole point of the sony e-readers, kindle and nook is it reads like a page of a book and does not strain your eyes

As far as multimedia goes the Pads are just like HUGE smart phones at this point or seriously gimped laptops
    Heck, at this time I'd be excited to see even a webOS powered PRINTER!
    I thik having the PalmPad soon is entirely possible if Palm had been working on it for a while.

I am staying positive on this one.
    If HB is going to release a tablet of some sort within the next 2 months - my guess will be that it will be a Win7 version for the enterprise market - not a WebOS version for consumers.
    Yes, all this will be great once webOS 2.0 comes out and good business/productivity apps come to fruition.
    Both of these rumors would jibe with the planned fall release of WebOS 2.0. Perhaps HP is just keeping quiet as they work furiously behind the scenes. Who knows.....I wish there was something concrete, though! It's frustrating to have to just wait and wait and wait.
    yes it is frustrating when other companies new phones come or even just specs of a new phone like the Samsung Epic 4G. i deffently am staying the coarse but how about tossing some scraps to the faithful dogs
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    Yes, all this will be great once webOS 2.0 comes out and good business/productivity apps come to fruition.
    Is that all that has to happen? Just an entire major version release and some 'good business/productivity apps' (which also presumes the mythical SDK will also finally come out otherwise no 'good business/productivity apps')? What could be hard about that? I wonder why they haven't done it already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Is that all that has to happen? Just an entire major version release and some 'good business/productivity apps' (which also presumes the mythical SDK will also finally come out otherwise no 'good business/productivity apps')? What could be hard about that? I wonder why they haven't done it already?
    My guess would be not enough resources or something along the lines. Do you always have to question their busniness decisions?
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicMan View Post
    Heck, at this time I'd be excited to see even a webOS powered PRINTER!
    dude, a webOS printer is exciting regardless of time
    i think he has it mixed up becuz 1.5 is coming with the next smartphone and 2.0 with the tablet right? sounds better becuz, didn't they say the tablet would run 2.0?
    Quote Originally Posted by juavez707 View Post
    i think he has it mixed up becuz 1.5 is coming with the next smartphone and 2.0 with the tablet right? sounds better becuz, didn't they say the tablet would run 2.0?
    Absolutely none of that has ever been stated by HP. The only thing HP has said is that WebOS 2.0 is due this fall.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Heck, at this point I'd be excited to see even a webOS powered UNIVERSAL REMOTE!
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-fan View Post
    Absolutely none of that has ever been stated by HP. The only thing HP has said is that WebOS 2.0 is due this fall.
    And that the release after 1.4.5 would include the new database back-end, App catalog, APIs for camera/mic/others, graphical accelerated UI. All these significant improvements 'smell' like a 2.0 release to me, but that was never confirmed to called 2.0.... just the "next release after 1.4.5 in the fall".
    PalmPad within the next 2 months is destined to fail. No way it has enough app support by that time.