Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Since hp wants to put webos across multiple platforms, it would be nice to have a niceley designed intuitive media player/organizer. Not its own store, and not a itunes competitor.

Something that takes takes all the media you have loaded on your device, and acts as a player and organizer.

An example would be something like windows media center, if you bought a media center version of windows. (not saying it should be anything WMC, but just using as example)
    Isn't this what the Kin marketing was all about? We can see how well that worked out for Microsoft.

If they would just release the media APIs, I'm sure we would have more than 1 great media solution in a very short amount of time.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I would like to go on the record to say that iTunes sucks and if they're going to make a media app I'd rather set the bar at least beyond adequate.
    I agree completely, itunes is a "pain" to use. Every time I have to transfer my music files and/or playlists I have had issues. I have started to use amazon exclusively for my music purchases for this reason.

Windows media player is a much better experience for me. This arrangement works wonderfully for me and it is seamless with the PRE. I think just because something is more popular doesn't make it the best choice automatically quite often it is the opposite.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggnaa20 View Post
    The iTunes/iPod/iPhone ecosystem in which Apple forces you to subsist, is the main reason that I do not have Apple products.

If this is the way webOS moves in the future, HPalm will have lost me.

nb
    Not talking about something that is forced but an option for a familiar intuitive and intergrated media program.

Trust me i enjoy drag and drop, and as much as i like itunes to organize my music(artist,genre,album) i hate the whole syncing thing. again nothing like itunes that is a pc or mac software to organize and upload music to device. im talkin about a program on the device itslef
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Isn't this what the Kin marketing was all about? We can see how well that worked out for Microsoft.

If they would just release the media APIs, I'm sure we would have more than 1 great media solution in a very short amount of time.
    100% AGREED!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12