Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I honestly thing one of the things holding bac palm is that they want to use this processor. Since they already have a relationship with Texas Instruments. all i can say is wow. Hard not to imagine this thing in a pre2 or palm pad.

Check out this video of the omap4 demonstration

Just a reminder of things possibly to come. I know its been talked about before.
    Haha looks cool...I left a fun comment on the vid
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcolon3 View Post
    I honestly thing one of the things holding bac palm is that they want to use this processor. Since they already have a relationship with Texas Instruments. all i can say is wow. Hard not to imagine this thing in a pre2 or palm pad.

Check out this video of the omap4 demonstration

[url= - Texas Instruments OMAP4 demonstrations[/url]

Just a reminder of things possibly to come. I know its been talked about before.
    I asked Rod Whitby for his choice of CPU fot the next webOS phone on the palmcast yesterday..
    he mentioned omap4 as his choice.....
    it is a beast!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    I asked Rod Whitby for his choice of CPU fot the next webOS phone on the palmcast yesterday..
    it is a beast!
    Yea i heard him say it. This should really solve most of the lag problems we have and i think things should pretty much pop up instantly.

Im also interested in the graphics chip called power vr gpu. We have a version of that chip. There is a chip thats as powerful as the xbox. Its the Series5XT.
    TI using an HP monitor.....nice!
    Im sure they are reaching out to HP and want a piece of the new line of HP smartphones and Tablets.....
    Sick!
    looks nice
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I just drooled all over my keyboard just thinking about the possibilities of WebOS running on the OMAP4!
    it is a beast!
    So where is the OMAP4 anticipation thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    So where is the OMAP4 anticipation thread?
    lol!
    I have not started an anticipation thread... And never will.
    feel free to start one...
    I think this thread covers it well.
    I thought posting it during palmcast... But I don't want to thread vomit....give others a chance to post threads ;-)

off topic.... Anything goes!
    The Palm Pre already uses the OMAP3 TI Processor and the OMAP4 would be the next logical step. The OMAP4440 operates at 1+ GHz with Dual-core Symmetric Multiprocessing and Integrated graphics accelerator that enables full HD 1080p.

Talk on the Droid Forums is that the 2011 Droid Pro 3 will use the TI OMAP 4430 and have an LTE 4G radio.
    I hope Palm beats them out with a new spartphone by the end of 2010 with similar specs.

Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    These demos are on the original TI Blaze OMAP4 development platform. How about a WebOS device with Pico projector support for presentations, videos or game projection? Could be a new market segment.

TI should begin shipping the OMAP4 tablet development platform (Texas Instruments' Blaze tablet coming to developers this August -- Engadget) soon.
    I think the device in the video is an early prototype for the next pixi. Everyone has been saying its a great form factor and that it just needs to be faster and have a bigger screen. I think palm finally listened
    Just watched the vid....

It does look very good. I'm hoping HP/Palm decides to use this one!
  14. Ty
    it is a beast!
    'Nuff said. Something tells me this cat knows what he is talking about.
    Maybe it's just my connection but I had to stop watching because it stopped and buffered every 5 seconds for 20 seconds. Sheesh. What I saw looked good though. Too bad it's a year out at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fountainhead View Post
    Maybe it's just my connection but I had to stop watching because it stopped and buffered every 5 seconds for 20 seconds. Sheesh. What I saw looked good though. Too bad it's a year out at least.
    OMAP4 is shipping Q4 this year dude. You will see it sooner than you think. Maybe even in the next Palm phone.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I hope so,but if not I still want to see a new palm device soon
    I hope they put this in the PalmPad with a 1080p screen (and in a sweet new palm pre of course).
    Oh I want one and thanks for the video. Wow, was that interface displaying to three screens and one in HD 1080p...yikes. That is crazy and would put a hurting on the competition. Just what HP and Palm need...heck with all that...just what I need! Bring it on and hopefully Palm has been working with it already. Fingers Crossed. Sorli...
    Not to mention only running at 50% capacity in the video running those three screens. I wouldn't mind one of them in my next phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast